NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to someone via live chat at calendars.com about my Raph order and this is what she said......

[Christina] You are quite welcome. The date is officially for 8/1/17. This may come in to stock sooner however we cannot guarantee that. If you leave the order processing you will receive an email when the order ships out so you will know when to expect it.

I asked when they were expecting to get Raph in stock and she said according to their inventory 8-1-2017..........

Yep that's second wave Raphaels.

Wished I had bought one from TRU so I'd have it sooner. I'm fine with waiting but that's a pretty long time. Then again, it took mondo from 2015 to 2017 to deliver turtles.

I know it's more expensive, but I am just going to start buying direct from NECA. I am too impatient for this, lol.

That tape looks great! What case/shelving unit is that?

The shelving unit is a Mainstays Media Storage Tower. Unfortunately its discontinued went out around last year. I was thankfully able to get 2 before they disappeared. Here was the original link:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Black-Oak-Finish/17126590

The clear shelf that Donatello stands on is a custom router cut piece I made. I am a designer and work at a design house where we have a large cutting table. Comes in handy with all my toy projects lol. I wanted the shelf to have more purchase in the front for Donnies Bow Staff and the frosted clear lets light shine down to Raphs area so its not so dark and you can actually see him.

Now they do have a similar media tower that has pretty identical dimensions made by Sauder on the Walmart website. Here is the link for that:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Beginnings-Multimedia-Storage-Tower/23626020

The only difference it looks like is the finish is Cinnamon Cherry instead of Black Oak

I don't think displaying them one on top of the other looks good they should be side by side instead.

No space issue here...

IMG_20170222_173818388.jpg....

I don't think displaying them one on top of the other looks good they should be side by side instead.

I agree I would've preferred side by side but as other have said its just WAY too much space taken up. Unless you have a good 3 feet or more horizontally to work with you aren't going to be able to display them that way. Each figure with their arms at their sides are about 7-7.5" wide x 4 turtles thats 28-30" right there (that would be arm to arm for all the turtles). And if you want there arms splayed out with weapons in hand add some more space then you have one long display lol. But if you have that then that's great I'm jealous lol because side by side would be the most ideal. Overall, I'm happy with the display it works for my space

The shelving unit is a Mainstays Media Storage Tower. Unfortunately its discontinued went out around last year. I was thankfully able to get 2 before they disappeared. Here was the original link:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Black-Oak-Finish/17126590

The clear shelf that Donatello stands on is a custom router cut piece I made. I am a designer and work at a design house where we have a large cutting table. Comes in handy with all my toy projects lol. I wanted the shelf to have more purchase in the front for Donnies Bow Staff and the frosted clear lets light shine down to Raphs area so its not so dark and you can actually see him.

Now they do have a similar media tower that has pretty identical dimensions made by Sauder on the Walmart website. Here is the link for that:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Beginnings-Multimedia-Storage-Tower/23626020

The only difference it looks like is the finish is Cinnamon Cherry instead of Black Oak

Thanks a lot for the info!

that's a lie, you always have space. are you telling me you can't nail a shelf onto a wall?

that's a lie, you always have space. are you telling me you can't nail a shelf onto a wall?

Lol, yes I believe that is a possibility. Unless your displaying them in an office cubicle like I am and don't have any legitimate walls then no that won't work. Chill dude, I agreed with you that side by side is more preferable. And just to add in sure not everyone wants to make a wall mounted shelf to display these things. Beauty is It's cool to see all the creative ways people are displaying these great figures. And personally I think everyone's display is awesome especially Mr. Ecko's that's some top notch diorama work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back