NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stuck between NECA's and Prime 1's Raphael. NECA's sculpt looks better but the visible joint are a little off-putting for me. With that said, I'm leaning towards Prime 1.

One is $100, the other one is $574. Both look equally as good to be honest.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how that can even be a hard choice.

Prime 1 are just so expensive, especially if you want all four. I'd rather spend the money on these NECA versions and spend the money saved on something else.

One is $100, the other one is $574. Both look equally as good to be honest.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how that can even be a hard choice.

NECA's paint quality will decrease with the final release, though. To what degree, we'll have to wait and see.

Their paint usually on point with prototype.

Prototype
neca-superman-4.jpg

TOY_FAIR_2014_NECA_DISPLAY_1-4_BATMAN_ARKHAM_ORIGINS_02.jpg

Release
maxresdefault.jpg

1300w-Arkham_Batman14_tn.jpg

Their 1/4 Reeve figure looks better in hand IMO. One of my faves of that line along with Penguin and Arkham Knight.

Anyway, Randy said on Pixel Dan's video there's two more Shredders coming but he wouldn't say in which format. And not just simple repaints either apparently...

Their 1/4 Reeve figure looks better in hand IMO. One of my faves of that line along with Penguin and Arkham Knight.

i agree, what i have found with neca, and if you are searching the net for them, look at as many pics as you can, because sometimes there are stacks of pics with all the same flash lighting close up shots of top half...and none that have a neutral shot...neca does use a light skin shade on a lot of the figures i have noticed, but they look much better in person when you see the whole figure under right light or natural lighting condition...i recently bought the dutch figure after some time because majority of the pics were showing him to look weird colors but his skin shade is probably the best accurate shade i have seen, and that figure in a lot of the pics come out in shades of oranges and pinks and even pale skin tones..they just don't photograph very well at all

so going by that and judging from those turtles pics, every shot i've seen thus far in even flash lighted conditions has looked amazing, from my experience i would say the end result would be pretty awesome in person, possibly even the best neca figures to date in all the aspects.

NECA's paint quality will decrease with the final release, though. To what degree, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm fine as long as that means I'm saving $479, compared to the other option. Multiply that by 4, and yo have yourself a nice one week vacation in Cancun all inclusive.

Pixel dan Video:

Two Shredders are coming, Randy wouldn't say what scale.
I'm pretty sure one of those Shredders will be 1/4 1990 Shredder.

Even when you think about it, all four of these AMAZING looking turtles don't even come CLOSE to your regular (ONE) 1/4 offering from HT, $$$ wise. It is INSANE how some try to justify their prices with plain BS. Sure they are nice, sure they look better than NECA's offerings (with a $500 difference? LOL).

This is not me judging people buying 1/4 HT, or HT at all. But the way some "experts" justify their insane, plain rape prices is funny when NECA can produce this beautiful set, for less than $100 each, and still make money out of their fans.

Look at the 1/4 IM mark whatever. Does it look better than the NECA counterpart? You'd be blind to say that it doesn't. $500 better? jesus efin christ.

Anyway, rant's over. Can't wait for these. It's the most excited I've been for a figure in a long, long time.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Since the Prime statues are being mentioned a lot I had a look in the thread - those are pretty nice in fairness. Stunning high-end and low-end options.

Since the Prime statues are being mentioned a lot I had a look in the thread - those are pretty nice in fairness. Stunning high-end and low-end options.

Theres alot wrong with teh Prime 1's.... Raph's Scar,Raph's shell scratches, the heads look off to me, no spots.

Back