NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but they areally arent much bigger than an hot toys predator... 16.5 isn't that big....
that is much bigger than hot toys predators. :) they are like 32-34 cm while 16.5 inches are 42 cm.

but anyway - the ice is broken, after decades of no attempts 1990 movie TMNT are returning in various forms, and that is promising.

that is much bigger than hot toys predators. :) they are like 32-34 cm while 16.5 inches are 42 cm.

but anyway - the ice is broken, after decades of no attempts 1990 movie TMNT are returning in various forms, and that is promising.

That is very true... along with the excellent Prime 1 statues, this is a good indication of future products, just like what happened with the Adam West Batman.

Once the license was issued, a bunch of merchandise was unleashed. Hopefully ThreeZero will also pick this up. If not.. these Neca figures will do !

16.5" is perfect as they appear to be around 5'6" in the 1990 movie. However, it may sound not much bigger in writing compared to a standard 12" 1/6 scale figure, but take into account the figure's width and girth and the difference will be very significant. 12" vs 18" in a standard 1/6 vs 1/4 doesn't sound much but in-hand the 1/4 looks twice the size next to the 1/6.

Anyway, I thought ThreeZero would make high-end 1/6 version from this movie? I hope it's not exclusive to ThreeZero, would be nice to have 1/6 of this from NECA as well.

16.5" is perfect as they appear to be around 5'6" in the 1990 movie. However, it may sound not much bigger in writing compared to a standard 12" 1/6 scale figure, but take into account the figure's width and girth and the difference will be very significant. 12" vs 18" in a standard 1/6 vs 1/4 doesn't sound much but in-hand the 1/4 looks twice the size next to the 1/6.

Anyway, I thought ThreeZero would make high-end 1/6 version from this movie? I hope it's not exclusive to ThreeZero, would be nice to have 1/6 of this from NECA as well.

At this point I wouldn't count them out as it seems like there's still room on the bandwagon. I really do want 1/6 but I think it'll be hard to top Trevors sculpt. I have his limited 1/6 Raphael and that likeness just like this Donny is spot on. All the companys will really have to put a lot of effort into trying to make it better than these which are already perfect

16.5" is perfect as they appear to be around 5'6" in the 1990 movie.
damn, if they were 5'6", i wonder how high was that "April". they looked like midgets to me because of her.

l7icETG.jpg

16894c4bcad8fc35f2b4d49be2ecbd9c.jpg

=============

isn't the face expression chosen for Donatellois too angry and vicious?

TF-2016-NECA-Large-Scale-022.jpg

of course there were scenes with such face, and the expression is caught wonderfully, that's really a copy of a movie shot, just check the photo below!

85098-19052.jpg

but still it would be so much better if it came with two replaceable heads with different faces.

SLg0l7MM_-E.jpg

Last edited:
Good point and observation on the height, P. I just checked and Judith Hoag is 5'7". Either she's wearing at least 3" heels or the turtles could be 5'3" at most.

PS that mouth within a mouth on turtle's screenshot head is creepy :lol

The face expression is spot on for me because donnie was a real fighter in the first movie. Alot of his expression and scenes when he fought were intense like when that dude hit the electric wire when he ducked and set the house on fire.

Good point and observation on the height, P. I just checked and Judith Hoag is 5'7". Either she's wearing at least 3" heels or the turtles could be 5'3" at most.

PS that mouth within a mouth on turtle's screenshot head is creepy :lol
yeah that alien turtle was a shock when i first noticed it :lol

l7icETG.jpg

aliens-movie.jpg

==============

i still don't understand how they managed to do that. being a HT collector i'm familiar with a concept "if a sculpt is a little more than an average face, it's a good sculpt already, shut up and be happy with likeness".
here it's a direct sculpt from the movie.

facetofacetmnt_zps8mlszzqv.jpg~original

Last edited:
I don't currently own any 1:4 figures but these will be the first. I can't wait.

whos to say thats not icluded....

I hope so! Penguin came equipped with a nice coat so who knows. I would want a pizza for Mikey too, I really hope we get some extra accesories other than the weapons but I'm not complaining I'm perfectly happy with that I'm just excited to see these finally being done

I hope so! Penguin came equipped with a nice coat so who knows. I would want a pizza for Mikey too, I really hope we get some extra accesories other than the weapons but I'm not complaining I'm perfectly happy with that I'm just excited to see these finally being done

im sure we'll at least get weapon, gripping hands, closed fists, not sure what else.

Back