NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think NECAs are amazing for just 100 bucks, impossible to beat the quality for that price, but you guys are pushing it NECAs are better than P1's the P1 set together looks sweet, only problem is that price tag...and like anything the turtles are the kind of thing you either have all four or none at all.
That's not the only thing wrong. Their faces suck. Definitely from Secret Of The Ooze and that's definitely not what I want in my definitive TMNT display.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They just look unimpressive compared to there other works. They look to shiney, they don't have that 1990 feel, they look more like they are from the second move, Im not wowed by them. Neca I'm just blown away by . I mean I expected more from prime 1. They did a better job on the shrek turtles then the great 90s.

Hmmmm Chevy Nova?
75be557ec4444be2b76b2bb167a98641.jpg

I have a feeling that baby turtle won't come with any of these. My guess is it's a sneak peek at the accessories pack. If it does come with Mikey, it'll be fine. But if they include four baby turtles in the accessories pack too, there'll be a lot of people selling the fifth one loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: your note about the articulation, keep at it, they do loosen up. I was impressed with someone else's pose for Donatello, and it was only in trying to replicate it that I learned the arms can go further than I'd realized.

Re: your note about the articulation, keep at it, they do loosen up. I was impressed with someone else's pose for Donatello, and it was only in trying to replicate it that I learned the arms can go further than I'd realized.

That's good to know. It feels like I'm going to break the damn joints. Lol.

Damn, perfect portraits!

Thanks man!

It feels like I'm going to break the damn joints.

I feel ya. For a while, just move it back and forth within the window of movement you've already established. Then slowly push it a bit further.

I was especially surprised at how far inward towards his torso his arms can go. Combined with the double-jointed elbows, he can touch his own face!

Weird thing: I know it's of course screen-accurate, but I've been studying my Donatello so intently for several weeks that Raph, with his low belt and no shoulder strap, looks kinda naked to me.

I think NECAs are amazing for just 100 bucks, impossible to beat the quality for that price, but you guys are pushing it NECAs are better than P1's the P1 set together looks sweet, only problem is that price tag...and like anything the turtles are the kind of thing you either have all four or none at all.
It's not just the price tag. They are claiming these are from 1990 TMNT. But the Prime 1s have no scale texture the faces all look more like TMNT 2 the secret of the ooze. The belts on Donnie and Leo are too low. No scratches on Raphs shell. No Scar on Raphs face.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that baby turtle won't come with any of these. My guess is it's a sneak peek at the accessories pack. If it does come with Mikey, it'll be fine. But if they include four baby turtles in the accessories pack too, there'll be a lot of people selling the fifth one loose.

Randy said they will be a part of the accessory pack with other accessories.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I feel ya. For a while, just move it back and forth within the window of movement you've already established. Then slowly push it a bit further.

I was especially surprised at how far inward towards his torso his arms can go. Combined with the double-jointed elbows, he can touch his own face!

Nice.
From the Technodrome (not my picture):
Oh man, I'm getting all kinds of ideas now.

Weird thing: I know it's of course screen-accurate, but I've been studying my Donatello so intently for several weeks that Raph, with his low belt and no shoulder strap, looks kinda naked to me.

Yeah I agree somewhat. :clap

Yeah, just saw Pixel Dan's video from NECA's booth at Toy Fair.
The 4 baby turtles will be a seperate set later on.
Mikey will come with a bag of pork rinds and Leo with another ooze-canister (unbroken version).

Back