NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but I might want to reserve to “blow my load” on the WOW FACTOR on the figure I want and will keep. Lets face it the third and fourth turtle will not amaze and wow as as much as the first. I’ll never forget how blown away I was at my very first 1/6 high end action figure……..SS Bib Fortuna!! And in perspective that excitement has never been reached even when opening figures like BD Robocop (for example).

True but I might want to reserve to “blow my load” on the WOW FACTOR on the figure I want and will keep. Lets face it the third and fourth turtle will not amaze and wow as as much as the first. I’ll never forget how blown away I was at my very first 1/6 high end action figure……..SS Bib Fortuna!! And in perspective that excitement has never been reached even when opening figures like BD Robocop (for example).

Well of of the Turtles will have different face sculpts,belts,shells, and weapons so I would say each of them will be vasty different IMO.

A quick shot of mine out of the box. I definitely drooled for a little while. Lol
65700542235afafe7ec0bf65ffb97638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick shot of mine out of the box. I definitely drooled for a little while. Lol
65700542235afafe7ec0bf65ffb97638.jpg

Sorry to be a downer but did they really have the big under chin spots in the film..they look too distracting in these newer shots :gah:

Sorry to be a downer but did they really have the big under chin spots in the film..they look too distracting in these newer shots :gah:

No they had small ones like on the shoulders and proto type pics.

There had to be something didn't there. :rolleyes2

I'm not sure I'll risk these now to be honest. There's too much other stuff I want anyway, from my big four Aliens&Robots licenses.

I'm no hood at painting lol probably will have to send to someone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buy a couple green paints (Acrylic, not glossy) and black.
Start with the green closest to his skin and water it down slightly. You'll want to just dab the brush into the paint and lightly apply it to the surrounding areas. Be messy. Don't make a pattern or clean lines.
Then go to the next shade of green and repeat.
Finally, take the black and lightly go over the area. Wipe away excess paint.
Should blend in the current dots and bring some green back into this areas.

Yes they are somewhat pronounced, however it honestly doesn't bother me at all. The detail and shelf presence of this bad boy is amazing overall. For $100....this is a home run. If you're super meticulous about screen accuracy, then definitely don't buy this piece. However, also remember, lighting and position will also impact how the spots look when you display it. So I'm sure there's a way to manipulate the way you want it. I for one am very very happy when considering the price.
91d6cee271535fd6ecf8b983dd60af3e.png
731dd967b647ea59d00a63bc05dfde36.png

Yes they are somewhat pronounced, however it honestly doesn't bother me at all. The detail and shelf presence of this bad boy is amazing overall. For $100....this is a home run. If you're super meticulous about screen accuracy, then definitely don't buy this piece. However, also remember, lighting and position will also impact how the spots look when you display it. So I'm sure there's a way to manipulate the way you want it. I for one am very very happy when considering the price.
91d6cee271535fd6ecf8b983dd60af3e.png
731dd967b647ea59d00a63bc05dfde36.png

Yeah man I wasn't expecting 100% accurate paint. But for $100 you really can't go wrong. These figures are pretty much perfect in my opinion.

It's gonna take more than a few spots for me to say no to these bad boys. Is it Feb yet lol.

Lol. Right on. C'mon Feb! But for reals...The paint app is truly magnificent.
e4dd0b08c9cb47e0fb49fcb18ad4ec3c.jpg

Lol. Right on. C'mon Feb! But for reals...The paint app is truly magnificent.
e4dd0b08c9cb47e0fb49fcb18ad4ec3c.jpg

Looks good to me.... Ppl who are seriously going to pass on these over a few spots are nuts.

Back