NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello all
currently working on this. i have produced a head with interchangeable open and closed mouth to eliminate having to purchase both figures. the jaws were sculpted an molded by me. another bonus is that each dread-lock is individually done and can turn in their peg holes to allow more dynamic poses when needed. i just got my desiccation chamber and pressure pot so i will be molding and casting higher quality versions of the finished project tomorrow. will post higher quality pics then. comments and criticisms are always welcome.

View attachment 206656

Dude, that looks great so far. Love the idea of it, since people are complaining buying multiples just for the headsculpt.
I'm curious though on what you gonna use to cast the dreads to make it bendable? The quills are a great touch as well, hope this turns out great. I will be supporting it if you ever make copies of them. :hi5:

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Value of the masked version is dropping with a new one one the way. The two unmasked figures can still pull 180-220 apiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the your input. Would you sell the case sealed or sell them individually? The helmeted version is coming down but hopefully some collectors don't want to fuss with batteries.

Individually would probably allow you to sell them quicker and some people (like myself) would not buy all three.

hello all
currently working on this. i have produced a head with interchangeable open and closed mouth to eliminate having to purchase both figures. the jaws were sculpted an molded by me. another bonus is that each dread-lock is individually done and can turn in their peg holes to allow more dynamic poses when needed. i just got my desiccation chamber and pressure pot so i will be molding and casting higher quality versions of the finished project tomorrow. will post higher quality pics then. comments and criticisms are always welcome.
View attachment 206648
View attachment 206654
View attachment 206655
View attachment 206656
Would you be selling them, because if you do put me down for one :)

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Individually would probably allow you to sell them quicker and some people (like myself) would not buy all three.

Thanks again. I guess I'll be selling them soon.

Cheers! Might do yeah, need to see it in person first to see if it's worth the upgrade.

If I remember correctly you have closed mouth version. So I say masked one will be a great addition. Well you still have some decision time to spare until release...

^^^ On BBTS estimated release is listed as October but I've seen some other sellers on Amazon with release date as far as late November. So I guess time will tell. Are you planning to purchase it?

The dates are all over the place on this one. TRU doesn't show it shipping until 12/16.

Just Pre-Ordered this ;)
My 1st ever Neca Predator. After doing You Tube reviews this seems to be the most accurate 1987 Predator on the market except for the 1/4 Predator Maquette from Sideshow and the Cinemaquette.

I look forward to seeing it in hand ;)
Released October 2015.

View attachment 207889

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

thanks. i broke my desiccation chamber the other day and had to get that fixed but all is good now.

the dreads are individually cast in a silicone rubber that has a greater shore hardness than a regular silicone...just like what neca uses for the stock ones.

the mandibles attach via two pegs on each mandible that fit into peg holes in the head. ill post more pics today for everyone.

Rogue_Predator congrats for the purchase. Really looking forward for a side by side comparison. Always wanted to see how NECA Preds stack up with the high end champions...

Yeah just imagine Wolf in that accurate 1/4 line. Hopefully some day :pray: Have you considered buying City Hunter too??

Yeah! A wolf would be EPIC! The Wolf is my favourite Predator. I have the Legendary Scale Figure of him...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441565883.621524.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

@Jake207

No, haven't considers any other Predators as of yet. Ordering the 1987 Predator is my first ever Neca 1/4 scale purchase. So if that impresses then I shall be sure to look for other Predators.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Damn looking your very own Wolf 'Shrine' really makes me impatient for this guy in 1/4 scale. TNX for the upload. :drool

Talking about Wolf my friend yesterday sketched this picture really fast.
38c6739d2a9b51b0c5deb2b48b318731.jpg

Just saw BBTS updated arrival of jungle hunter as November but I figure it could arrive no sooner than december I suppose??

Just saw BBTS updated arrival of jungle hunter as November but I figure it could arrive no sooner than december I suppose??

I've had mine or pre-order since mid July from ToyWiz for $102 shipped. They also have their estimated released slated for this month. I can't wait for this guy!

Back