NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Well I'm not an In depth figure collectors like others here. I'm not that type that needs every detail to be Movie accurate and what not. I have both P1 and P2 and they both look great Even with their stock Paint apps. P1 will always be better than P2, it's just that badass!!!

This picture was taken before I got P2 Unmasked.

92b2204973b015cfb1f258ce590a50f8.jpg

I would consider myself the same type of collector as you. I'm not comparing the head sculpt to reference pictures or anything like that. I just want it to look good.

In anticipation of NECA finally doing a 1/4 Scar predator I want to have two masked Predators and Two Unmasked Predators in my collection. P1 and Scar will be my masked. I am thinking about P1 closed mouth and perhaps P2 being my unmasked figures. After P1, which figure has the best unmasked appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it's OK but not one of my favourites. The body is identical to the masked model, the head isn't quite as good as the P1 or the Elder. Here's a close up of the face.

5569e80e1ca56d1aa40af29bc0841756.jpg

For me the P1 is my favourite, the paint is great with really nice shading on the armour and the face is painted well. The masked city hunter is my second favourite.

Also the P1 doesn't use the same body as the P2 series 1 and 2 figures. It's the same as the Elder and Big Red from series 3, with swivel hips and thighs target than hip ball joints.

Dan

Thanks for the close up picture. I think it looks pretty good. I'll probably go ahead and get it. I don't think anything is touching the closed mouth P1. I'm looking for the 2nd best unmasked figure after P1 to add to my collection and I always liked P2's look.

The Elder is very similar to the closed mouth P1, so if you want a head that is quite different then go with the unmasked city hunter as it's open, not quite as much as the open mouthed P1. Personally I like the look of the Elder with his spines and rings the lower jaw.

8ffadb8a990a6222fdbb72340910b5a8.jpg

It's the same body as the P1, but with the belt, sword, and pistol.

Dan

For some reason Elder never did it for me. I just bought the unmasked P2. I think that it will do nicely. Thanks for the info!

Are you sculpting the mask on a stock figure's head with the stock mask removed, which figure?

Are you going to sell resin copies of the Boar mask?

Yes, my sculptor used a CH mask to sculpt on top of it.. If you're interested you can message me here or on Facebook for more details on it

Are you sculpting the mask on a stock figure's head with the stock mask removed, which figure?

Are you going to sell resin copies of the Boar mask?

Look me up on Facebook as DaNO's CUsTOmS

I guess no updated Wolf from either NECA or Hot Toys then. :(

Well what happened to Hot Toys 1/4 Predator prospects?? Any news??

cfc01a2ab27a2380d9274c3d34d609bc.jpg

e1ceaf3d3c025af309772bd21474758b.jpg

Amazing work danoscustoms! I must say watching this pics really makes me sad that NECA had put Losties on hold. Anyway still hoping for new 1/4 Preds to arrive meanwhile I'm completing the existing line. Big Red and Elder incoming hot...

Well I must say I feel like I bought my very first figures. Watching the Elder and then Big Red they really are amazing figures. Tankman I really hope for more. Verdict if you're on the fence BUY them...

Got my City Hunter yesterday. I like it. Didn't expect him to be bigger than Jungle Hunter but he is a beast.

044b4c1921d40e3f5268312ad40bf531.jpg

89c4479c41ed8eda556015ae5cef225d.jpg

8eb7f0e4267d7ed262b01b3b0383d9c1.jpg

de88ccc63e474c7d5ec4b7753f4a9255.jpg

Congrats Royce12! I still need to buy unmasked P2. Where did you get from yours?

Love this unmasked P2 of yours. Great pose!

Back