NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Where the mandibles touch the inside face of the mask its already about 0.5mm thick, wouldn't want to go any thinner. Not sure if bending them in would allow the mask to fit closely to the face, it may well be the wrong shape anyway. If you look at the Hot Toys predator figures with removable mask I think the mandibles are removed to put the mask on.

I thought I'd posted pics if the mask on the closed mouth head, but I might have forgotten. Here are a few I took after I painted it.

3b76e9eb43c79437068db5e85d5d6701.jpg
3da39c11993a511b1c92fc10a6cbdc8d.jpg

I just need to figure out a way to attach it more solidly without damaging the best, it'll stay in place so long as nothing touches the shelf but it slides off easily.

Been sidetracked away from the predators by a full size Stormtrooper helmet build. For now the predators stand either side of my TV, happy to leave them as they are until NECA bring out the AvP versions.

Dan

Where the mandibles touch the inside face of the mask its already about 0.5mm thick, wouldn't want to go any thinner. Not sure if bending them in would allow the mask to fit closely to the face, it may well be the wrong shape anyway. If you look at the Hot Toys predator figures with removable mask I think the mandibles are removed to put the mask on.

I thought I'd posted pics if the mask on the closed mouth head, but I might have forgotten. Here are a few I took after I painted it.

3b76e9eb43c79437068db5e85d5d6701.jpg
3da39c11993a511b1c92fc10a6cbdc8d.jpg

I just need to figure out a way to attach it more solidly without damaging the best, it'll stay in place so long as nothing touches the shelf but it slides off easily.

Been sidetracked away from the predators by a full size Stormtrooper helmet build. For now the predators stand either side of my TV, happy to leave them as they are until NECA bring out the AvP versions.

Dan

Mate, this looks promising. Any chance the cheek parts can be extended towards the ears a bit more? It will decrease the film likeliness/accuracy from the sides, but hey, it would mean the best jungle hunter poseable sculpt, with a mask option. Exciting shiet.

I did start to try to adjust the sides to cover the face, but it looked odd especially near the eyes, so I didn't finish the on screen modelling. I might try it again in a few months, of I do I'll post up progress pics.

Dan

1/4 City Hunter arrived today! It's my second quarter scale after QS001 and it's really amazing! Just two problems: I can't put on the smart disc on the leg pad and the leg articulations seems very hard, I'm afraid to break everything.
Anyway, really a great figure for the price, even though I don't understand why Neca doesn't put in the box a 5$ stand too.

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

The discs are hard to get into the holder on the leg, I've done 3 of the 4 P2 figures that have them on my shelf. You just have to keep pushing and not give up, once you've got one edge in then pull the other holder edge open a little and it should pop in.

As to the legs, they are quite stuff at first. If you feel that they might break, get a hair dryer and heat up the joint a little as this makes it open up a bit and allows for more movement. Or you can use hot water, I've used both techniques without any problems on a few of my predators and also the NECA 22" Alien.

Not having stands available is annoying, I ended up getting some tall teddy bear stands in a cheap auction that work pretty well.

Dan

1/4 City Hunter arrived today! It's my second quarter scale after QS001 and it's really amazing! Just two problems: I can't put on the smart disc on the leg pad and the leg articulations seems very hard, I'm afraid to break everything.
Anyway, really a great figure for the price, even though I don't understand why Neca doesn't put in the box a 5$ stand too.

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk
You can get some Kaiser Doll stands from Amazon. I use those on my collection and never had any problems.

c19f1cfbae0f0de99bfdc04b99a5862f.jpg

Saw this reply regaurding 1/4 Wolf Predator.

View attachment 186072
That sucks! I have been waiting for a 1/4 Wolf since they started the 1/4 line. I hope he is just messing with us ans one is in the works. I mean, they will eventually make a new 7"Wolf bc its been awhile since they came out with one. I am not really that interested in a 1/4 scar unless it turns out to be awesome. wasnt impressed with the 1/4elder.

304704cd2b1cef9e3138151298e8e09f.jpg

This is what I'm currently working alongside with a NECA P1 for Neny and an Elder for Ociel.. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dano I like the wet/slime look of the head sculpt, looks good plus the Mandibles make it even better!!

Can't wait to see more pics of the Elder your working on for me :D

Here's my bad boy in my new, second Detolf.
Just waiting to buy a stand to pose it better.
38ca69c2a2155047349516af27213726.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

149553fe042419f846ed57ac30282ca0.jpg

Here's my take on the P1... This was a commission for a good friend of mine.. Hopefully u guys like it

37677aa074a9c880ab4e820044db34a7.jpg

And one of the private repaints I've done

020e883293047d78576e0ea294b612e4.jpg

Currently working on Boar Pred in full 1/4 scale and other clan members

cfc01a2ab27a2380d9274c3d34d609bc.jpg

e1ceaf3d3c025af309772bd21474758b.jpg

I think that I am going to pick up the Unmasked City Hunter. What is the general opinion on that figure?

I think that I am going to pick up the Unmasked City Hunter. What is the general opinion on that figure?

With a good repaint it'll look even better!! I have Masked and Unmasked, both are good figures. Maybe next year I'll send them to Dano :D

Do you have the P1 as well? How do they compare? I looked through the thread but lots of pictures are no longer available.

Well I'm not an In depth figure collectors like others here. I'm not that type that needs every detail to be Movie accurate and what not. I have both P1 and P2 and they both look great Even with their stock Paint apps. P1 will always be better than P2, it's just that badass!!!

This picture was taken before I got P2 Unmasked.

92b2204973b015cfb1f258ce590a50f8.jpg

For me, it's OK but not one of my favourites. The body is identical to the masked model, the head isn't quite as good as the P1 or the Elder. Here's a close up of the face.

5569e80e1ca56d1aa40af29bc0841756.jpg

For me the P1 is my favourite, the paint is great with really nice shading on the armour and the face is painted well. The masked city hunter is my second favourite.

Also the P1 doesn't use the same body as the P2 series 1 and 2 figures. It's the same as the Elder and Big Red from series 3, with swivel hips and thighs target than hip ball joints.

Dan

Back