NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

My Elder tends to lean forward a little so I'm worried it might take a dive, I ended up getting a bunch of doll stands cheap so thought I'd use them all just in case. My Iron Man is also a little unsteady :)

Here's a group shot, crappy phone camera but I'll see if I can take better ones later. Alien big chap sneaked in at the right side too ;)

ceb283342a4aceb6978ff3dc0f7f45bf.jpg

Nice collection! It's good to see the family all together! Lol. I was considering picking up big chap but I heard that Neca has a new one in development so I decided to wait.

I avoid stands whenever possible. I heard stories about Iron Man before I bought him so I immediately put him on a Hot Toys Stand

93decf9f04feb36322b4a8ec7edcf208.jpg

Master Chief I planned on displaying without a stand because everyone raves about how sturdy he is. I think mine has one leg longer than the other so he kept tumbling. I took advantage of the peg holes in his feet and made a wooden stand for him. I don't think the predators have those holes though.

2e08bacca35658299c5099aa87d53f75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Predators do have the hex shaped holes in the feet, but they wouldn't help with loose ankles. They also look far too small to be to be useful, but these are the first figures I've owned so I have no idea what will or won't work.

Are you using IKEA detolfs? I've been looking at them but with these figures would waste a lot of space given two shelves would have to be removed, unless maybe having dinner sort of clear block/raised shelf so with two figures on a shelf one could be raised up behind the other by a few inches which might make them look less sparse.

Yep.. IKEA detolfs. I originally collected 1/6 so they were the perfect size out of the box. Once I switched to 1/4 I used wire bolts/clamps to adjust the shelves so I only lose one shelf per cabinet and 3 figures per cabinet fits perfect.

ebf8f8b16052c737bbbf620a7630118a.jpg

Those look great. I'd only need two units with two figures per shelf to get all 12 figures in. Btw, which Batman figure is that in the middle of the left unit? Need something to go with the TDK Joker I bought the wife at Christmas :)

The predators were my first attempt at fitting two on a shelf and I think it looks pretty good. They overlap a bit but I don't think that they look too cramped.

That is the Hot Toys 1/4 TDKR Batman

Congrats for the amazing collection ageofstrife! I still have to add a few Preds too into my collection. Hopefully guys at NECA are working on new 1/4 Preds. Still dreaming about complete 1/4 lost tribe...

Yep.. IKEA detolfs. I originally collected 1/6 so they were the perfect size out of the box. Once I switched to 1/4 I used wire bolts/clamps to adjust the shelves so I only lose one shelf per cabinet and 3 figures per cabinet fits perfect.

ebf8f8b16052c737bbbf620a7630118a.jpg

That looks really good. Im a novice so if i brought one of those units are they easy to to modify like you have?

That looks really good. Im a novice so if i brought one of those units are they easy to to modify like you have?

Trust me.. I'm a novice too! If I can do it anyone can. No cutting, soldering or anything like that. Just measuring and tightening bolts. Simple stuff. There is a guide floating around here somewhere.

Trust me.. I'm a novice too! If I can do it anyone can. No cutting, soldering or anything like that. Just measuring and tightening bolts. Simple stuff. There is a guide floating around here somewhere.

Thanks, found a guide last night and sure enough it looked very easy. Went to my mancave to measure up and realised i cant actually fit the ikea unit in there. Gutted!!! i can only fit a cabinet in there that would fit two 1/4 figures, not three. I guess ill have to continue my search.

Thanks, found a guide last night and sure enough it looked very easy. Went to my mancave to measure up and realised i cant actually fit the ikea unit in there. Gutted!!! i can only fit a cabinet in there that would fit two 1/4 figures, not three. I guess ill have to continue my search.

Darn.. That sucks. I hope that you can find something that works for you.

Master Chief looks great, Im planning on getting it.

Great figure.. Highly recommended for all Halo fans!

Count me in ocielz. I'm in for more 1/4 Losties. If you ask me they're way to often overlooked which is a shame. NECA would write history making them all in 1/4 glory...

Instant buy for a Shaman Predator!!!! So far I have Elder, Big Red, Masked CH, Masked JH, Closed Mouth JH and Gort Masked JH. Tuesday I should be getting Unmasked CH and that should be all for now. Not a fan of Ram/Warrior Pred and I love Guardian but I can just swap the Gort mask onto the CH body :D

Yeah would be great to hear that something new is cooking on the 1/4 front...

Back