NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.. IKEA detolfs. I originally collected 1/6 so they were the perfect size out of the box. Once I switched to 1/4 I used wire bolts/clamps to adjust the shelves so I only lose one shelf per cabinet and 3 figures per cabinet fits perfect.

ebf8f8b16052c737bbbf620a7630118a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't visited this thread for a while and I almost missed out on this. Great display, Royce. I love that on this picture you can't tell which ones cost $80 and which ones cost $400+.

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

So that Bio will fit perfectly on the closed Mouth Headsculpt?

It does just fit over the face, that was the intention when I was sizing it, but because the mandibles are slightly open it means the bio sticks out a bit to much so it's not flush at the sides. Looks OK from the front, but a little odd from the side. I'll probably just have him hold it, or lying next to him.

Still highly impressed with what NECA accomplished with this guy.

87621f1fad4a9daf9558edb5125f56e9.jpg

c1804f04bbdfae6a2f713c63e358360b.jpg

f6b98da604b983304d5e41b8be4b97d2.jpg

Yep the closed mouth P1 Predator is one badass figure, I love mine still and he I feel it is the best representation of the character out there at the moment.

question I am new to the new 1/4 predator,

which is the best? does one come with masked and unmasked?

is there any awesome custom bases I can get to go with him

None of the 1/4 NECA predators come with removable masks or interchangeable heads. If you can get hold of an extra head somewhere they are easily removable to swap. They do have interchangeable hands and removable weapons though. All of them except the jungle hunter only come in one version; the jungle hunter comes in 3 versions in separate boxes, one with a mask, one with the mouth almost closed, and one with the mouth wide open.

Best is a personal opinion. Of them all the closed mouth jingle hunter, elder, and masked city hunter are my favourites. The Gort jungle hunter is the only one that comes with the skull and spine so is also a nice figure to have.

I haven't seen any bases for these figures, they have hills in the feet to put them on mounting points but NECA have not yet released any bases that fit these figures.

question I am new to the new 1/4 predator,

which is the best? does one come with masked and unmasked?

is there any awesome custom bases I can get to go with him

Best?? That would be the Masked, Closed Mouth and Opened Mouth Jungle Hunter! NECA first 1/4 Preds, all others don't come close to the quality on the first 3.

Each 1/4 Pred comes with 1 head, so you would need to buy 3 separate Preds to have Masked, Open and closed Mouths.

There are some members that do Custom bases, you just need to look for them :D

Best?? That would be the Masked, Closed Mouth and Opened Mouth Jungle Hunter! NECA first 1/4 Preds, all others don't come close to the quality on the first 3.

Didn't these come out after the 4 Predator 2 figures with the ball joint hips for series 1 and 2? The series 3 figures, Big Red and Elder, are based on the later swivel joint hips and thighs as used in the jungle hunter figures.

I don't really recall but even on the small 7' Preds they have different joints. City Hunter has the Ball joints since he is bigger and so do the Lost Tribe. Jungle Hunter 2.0 for Neca later received ball joints but the first couple were swivel.

does anyone have a neca 1/4 predator and a sideshow 1/5 wolf or classic predator they can take a picture side by side

and also if anyone has any mortal kombat 1/4 scale statues they could take a picture next to either sideshow or neca

thanks

wanting a predator for my mortal kombat dlc collection

Sorry, not got any other figures except NECA 1/4 Iron Man, TDK Joker, and Arnie as Dutch. Stood upright the Predators are 20" tall, although most of mine have slightly bent knees so are closer to 19.5".

I don't think the first 3 Jungle Hunter figs were in a series. They were just released with No series #

I know they weren't in a series, but thought they were more recent. I'll admit I'm wrong though, the jungle hunters were released in 2010, Gort in 2011, series 1 & 2 in 2012 and series 3 in 2013. Maybe i should dug back through the current topic, but so many pages is hard to find the dates.

The paint on the jungle hunter is really good, far better than the Gort version which has a patchy wash over the armour, although has no accessories and only 1 hand swap. The Elder paint is really good too, and has nice features and accessories.

Here's an older pic of Mine, since then I've picked up CH Unmasked.

My Elder is in Mexico at the moment, getting it repainted. Love Elder but the Paint app left me disappointed. Looked too Grey and toy-ish.
0238e8ffddbba18a150ebd021fde5d4b.jpg

Managed to get some paint on the 3d print this weekend. I'm not a painter so it's pretty basic, but it'll do for now. Audi Quartz Silver base coat, GW Mithril Silver eyes, lasers, and hose connectors, and GW Tin Bitz internal details.

file.php

Yep.. IKEA detolfs. I originally collected 1/6 so they were the perfect size out of the box. Once I switched to 1/4 I used wire bolts/clamps to adjust the shelves so I only lose one shelf per cabinet and 3 figures per cabinet fits perfect.

ebf8f8b16052c737bbbf620a7630118a.jpg

Man, if I had seen this before, I'd probably never started collecting 1/6 figures.. Freaking amazing..!

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Back