NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repainted the dreads tonight. I think they look much better and natural now.

Thoughts?

Elderdreads7_zpse601f1ce.jpg

Looks much better! So disappointed that the paint job wasn't better on this figure. I'll have to do the same with my Elder Predator someday! Great job!
Here's my video review I put up today on my set for those interested.

[ame]https://youtu.be/H4LJrUDW2xw[/ame]

The 1/4 scale Elder is one sloppy beeyach.

Or perhaps I got a factory 2nd or 3rd from The Neca eBay Store.

Fast shipping, I'll give them that, but the figure is the sloppiest and most poorly done 1/4 scale Predator that I have come across.

Buyers remorse here. Shoulda quit at the last release Unmasked City Hunter and Lost Tribe Gort.

I'm done.

P1130629.JPG

Notice the net is pretty raped and the loincloth has a piss poor paint app.

I can't tell if it was never painted or grey paint was hurled around the figure, or if it is some grey glue.

P1130622.JPG

All the other figures in my collection showed up mint and looks 100X better in fit and finish.

P1130632.JPG

P1130633.JPG

Elder for sale, Elder for sale.
I paid $116 and welcome offers to cut my losses.

NPOC: So I already contacted you about the fact I had the same problems regarding the grey glue/paint slop haphazard paint-job around the loincloth (panty?) area (my netting was fine but my left leg armor was not glued down/coming off of the quadricep) and I just wanted to post that NECA (off of Amazon store) came through for me, got one that wasn't too shabby at all (I have most of the other ones including all three classic preds, and have pretty great paint-jobs).

This involved a long description of the my original elder problems (which they claim they haven't heard about) and 2-3 follow up emails, now I will return the slop one to the other seller)

Although I will continue to buy these 1/4 scales once/if there's a Wolf, Snake (shadow), Borg (Lost), and Berserker (Mr. Black), it is a real shame you really have to battle for a decent copy, the consistency just isn't quite there.

The good news is that there ARE decent copies out there, I'm am by no means super-a n a l but my first one was as bad or worse than yours.

Buyer beware, 'trust but verify', what I'm saying is this guy IS worth it, if you are willing to slog/go through the trouble, it is a pain in the a s s.

NECA has appeased me, for now (don't keep slippin' NECA even if it means I only get one 1/4 predator released a year, quality control is worth the wait to me)

So yeah, sorry NECA, backhanded compliment I guess, but the goal is to not have the problems to begin with (and you know-maybe it was just NPOC, myself, and a very, very small percentage if I'm being completely objective).

I'd love to hear from others, still looking for semi-decent quality youtube reviews of the Elder to inspect other copies from other angles.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. The closed mouth Jungle Hunter is by far the best Predator in NECA's 1/4 scale. He still makes me stare in awe at how incredible he looks. He has the best paint, sculpt and shelf presence. Funny considering he was the first and cheapest of these. It feels like their quality has gone down with each series while the price increases. Was really hoping for a better Elder as he's my favorite.

I wish I could paint as well as some others on here to bring Elder alive. It's a shame you basically HAVE to repaint Elder to make him better.

I agree, the first run preds were the best.

but I still love the new ones....and want more lost hunters! borg please!

here is Necas Big Red that i touched up a bit......new netting, trinkets added new necklace.
br11.jpg

br1.jpg

NECA realy need to slow down there releases if there factories can not keep up with the quality needed on 1/4 scale figures.

With prices increasing on almost every release of late i hope the quality does not continue to slip.There are a lot of releases due out between now and Christmas and i fear that they will be rushing the factories to get them on shelves in time for the silly season.

Yep P1 Closed mouth is the best to date.

Yeah, I agree. The closed mouth Jungle Hunter is by far the best Predator in NECA's 1/4 scale. He still makes me stare in awe at how incredible he looks. He has the best paint, sculpt and shelf presence. Funny considering he was the first and cheapest of these. It feels like their quality has gone down with each series while the price increases. Was really hoping for a better Elder as he's my favorite.

I wish I could paint as well as some others on here to bring Elder alive. It's a shame you basically HAVE to repaint Elder to make him better.

I agree on that. He was easily the best of the original three and yet was easier to get.

I agree, the first run preds were the best.

but I still love the new ones....and want more lost hunters! borg please!

here is Necas Big Red that i touched up a bit......new netting, trinkets added new necklace.
br11.jpg

br1.jpg

That is my thoughts to buddy. None of the other 1/4 Preds have done it for me.

I tried the leather collar, looked too fake on a figure this scale.....may try again with a different material.
grey metallic braids? where are the braids?

love the elder sculpt!
4245-neclose3.jpg

Last edited:
the Big Red has different shaped braids (I don't know if it's the correct word) silver metal looking ones on his dreads, the one on the top is the same as the Original predator, but the braids near the end of the dread are the different kind (colour not sure now)

bigred7.jpg

Dude that Big Red looks amazing! Did you repaint the whole thing> or was it just the touch-ups to skin and Armour? I wasn't going to get this but you just convinced me to! :D

Back