NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take your pics of that dud and post em on Twitter. They'll replace it free of charge.

Opened up Big Red today. Very happy with him! Great shelf presence obviously with all the red and yellow. He has some minor paint scuffs on his mask from what seems like rough handling during shipping (you can see red on the clear plastic) but it's very minor.

BigRed2_zps6d4d492f.jpg

BigRed1_zps2937f800.jpg

BigRed3_zpsc34b2157.jpg

BigRed4_zps151f39f6.jpg

I love that set PwnStar511!

I received my 3 original Predators the other day and finally got some time to pose them.

I love these figures and I only hope they don't draw me into collecting 1/4th scale since I just started my 1/6 collection. The size is just so substantial and really impressive detail to boot.

I love that set PwnStar511!

I received my 3 original Predators the other day and finally got some time to pose them.

I love these figures and I only hope they don't draw me into collecting 1/4th scale since I just started my 1/6 collection. The size is just so substantial and really impressive detail to boot.

HA! Those look great Vash! im glad they've found a new home... Enjoy em! It's great to see them on the forum.. did u fix the bio?

Anybody want an Elder to strip?
I'll sell it for $70 shipped (in the U.S.A.), cut my losses.
Figure is still attached to the box insert. Good to go.

For shame, Neca, for shame!
What? 1/4 Scale Boar to be released in 2014?
Shut up and take my money!

Does NECA's eBay store have a return policy? It's bull____ that you have to be stuck with this thing.

OK, so I really hated how NECA made Elder's dreads black so I decided to embark on my first repaint ever. I was really nervous since these guys are a little expensive and I'd hate to really screw this guy up with a bad repaint but I said screw it and repainted him anyway haha.

Well after 3 days of steady progress, here are my results. I know they aren't perfect and the color is probably off but I think I did an OK job for my first try :) And Elder in particular is really tough to paint since his dreads go from a dark navy blue to a lighter white at the tips (based on pics I found). Plus he has various other ornaments in there.

Here's the pics...I think he looks way better now than in my previous pics!

Elderdreads5_zpsb041bb60.jpg

Elderdreads1_zpsbdb481be.jpg

Elderdreads4_zpsf6a62173.jpg

Elderdreads2_zpsdddfc94c.jpg

Elderdreads3_zps8ac9f1c8.jpg

its pretty sad what neca did with elder yeah his name is greyback but come on i would love to buy one to give it a repaint but cant .neca just farted grey all over him

Uhm that doesn't look right imho....the grading is very well done though, the dreads should be darker and more to a grey ish blue...

Last edited:
Why did you go red with the beads? I am seeing to much primary colour contrast between the blue and red. It looks unnatural (i.e.. A girl with purple/green hair)

Yeah I agree with you guys. It does look off. Too much like a rainbow. I'll make the dreads darker and tone down the red on the beads. Like I said I'm totally new to this but I think I'll get it right next.

Back