NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything under $90 is more or less the 2011 retail.

Seems to be a couple here and again on eBay.

And I agree with the above posters.

The first 1/4 scale figure I bought was the Closed Mouth,
since the others had been done and done again.

261706_767365945731_7883144_n.jpg

I tried to contain myself from buying the others,
however since that first figure, I have ended up buying every figure made in the 1/4 Predator line.

That's until they released the WrestleMania Red figure and the pudding face ( think Palpatine transformation, EP3 ) 1/4 Elder figure.

Sad thing is, I will probably still buy the Elder, but I'm not gonna buy the combo pack to get a deal.
I will wait and keep checking eBay to get one for under a hundo, shipped. Hopefully.

I would buy any other combo pack with characters from the "Lost" tribe. I'm still hoping that a Boar or Boar Brother come out in 1/4 scale.

I'll surely pass completely and permanently, if they move on to the AVP and beyond film franchise.

I tried to contain myself from buying the others,
however since that first figure, I have ended up buying every figure made in the 1/4 Predator line.

That's until they released the WrestleMania Red figure.

I would buy any other combo pack with characters from the "Lost" tribe. I'm still hoping that a Boar or Boar Brother come out in 1/4 scale.

I'll surely pass completely and permanently, if they move on to the AVP and beyond film franchise.

Same here. However, I preordered my Elder at www.drakeship.com for $94 shipped. As for Big Red, I just couldn't pony up the dough for one I don't care about.

I'm sure they probably won't but I'd be thrilled if they did the remaining Lost Tribe members, particularly Lost (Borg), Stalker (Brother Boar) and Shaman (Hippie) before they retire the line.

total disaster

Got my 1/4 elder today! I must say ,that's a huge mistake abouth this piece.

NECA used some black plastic to make this pred.not the same QC as P1 and P2.

Bandages on the arms are plastic, they will easily broke later.
netting just like Sxxxt!!
not the same material used on P1 or P2 preds.
I think they will split by themselves.
paint,just so so.
and the arm ,you can pull it out anytime you want,so easy.:slap

NECA,WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!

it's surely not high quality but nevertheless he looks quite impressive to me, also the pricing is ok, so i will definitely buy it.
I guess the Elder will look really good next to my other two predators.

Looks pretty decent to me! Needs a little paint work on the face and dreads but otherwise, not too shabby!

Re: total disaster

Got my 1/4 elder today! I must say ,that's a huge mistake abouth this piece.

NECA used some black plastic to make this pred.not the same QC as P1 and P2.

Bandages on the arms are plastic, they will easily broke later.
netting just like Sxxxt!!
not the same material used on P1 or P2 preds.
I think they will split by themselves.
paint,just so so.
and the arm ,you can pull it out anytime you want,so easy.:slap

NECA,WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!
This looks like a completely different figure to the one Zuckus posted. Probably lighting and pose. Zuckus's looked like it had the perfect body build for Elder, whereas this look like a thin body and an oversized head.

Re: total disaster

This looks like a completely different figure to the one Zuckus posted. Probably lighting and pose. Zuckus's looked like it had the perfect body build for Elder, whereas this look like a thin body and an oversized head.

Agreed. Dark-Side's pics make Elder look very disproportionate. Zuck's pics looked great!

I found this pic on NECA's twitter -- looks great to me here!

NECAElder_zps7f6ceb34.jpg

It looks great, I also like they changed the clothing on the back to the correct one and the fact he has his braid in his dreads in the back. BUT they could have made some straps, they simply forgot or couldn't be bothered?

He is missing his knifes on the picture, cool, they did it right finally...

It looks great, I also like they changed the clothing on the back to the correct one and the fact he has his braid in his dreads in the back. BUT they could have made some straps, they simply forgot or couldn't be bothered?

He is missing his knifes on the picture, cool, they did it right finally...

Which straps are you talking about? The ones that connect from his legs to groin area? If so, that would require new tooling so yes, they couldn't be bothered with that.

And I think the owner of that Pred removed the wrist blades himself (which is what I'll be doing) since I'm pretty sure he comes with them.

Yes I meant those straps, but I can use some material from my extra P2 body armour to fix that

I will be painting those legs with the correct spots pattern for sure and add some faded brown on the face and body

The armour also should be a bit darker

Predator-2-Greyback-Elder-Predator-left-foot-2.jpg

Are there any better pictures of the armor? If I get one of these, I'd like to repaint the armor as well, but I haven't been able to find any better pics (and close up pics).

No there isn't much reference material specifically for the Elder Greyback

It's closer to colour of the upperbody armour of the Lost Hunter

wborg.jpg

Back