NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, guys, I sort of agreed with him about the HT Pred, never cared for it.

His behaviour every time he joins is appalling and incredibly childish, its not to say he is wrong about everything. He happens to be correct that 1/4 scale is really cool - though not, as he thinks, to the exclusion of anything else. In regard to anything NECA does 1/4 scale is clearly best.

The other thing I don't like about him is his total NECA fanboyism. The total devotion to one company and the refusal to like anything by Hot Toys. Same goes vica versa.

:lol I certainly know which one I would choose if it were a figure. The adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" springs to mind here. I'm in not the biggest expert, but blind Freddy can see that it's an artistic approximation of The Predator. The comparison pic clearly shows just how completely different the body sculpt and overall appearance is. Just look at the size of the hands, the thunder thighs, etc. The details of the armor is reminiscent of the original , but with loads of artistic license taken with the shapes and details. Just check out the blade gauntlet. Tankman obviously didn't have access to detailed photos or it would look more like the suit. It has more in common with the Classic from Predators, but even then the detail dosen't match up. It's not accurate and that's all there is to it. It's still great for the money, despite it's inaccuracies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's lucky that Hot Toys fans aren't so intolerant of others opinions or this forum would be a war zone.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related"]NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube[/ame] :gah: :horror :thud: :dunno

His behaviour every time he joins is appalling and incredibly childish, its not to say he is wrong about everything. He happens to be correct that 1/4 scale is really cool - though not, as he thinks, to the exclusion of anything else. In regard to anything NECA does 1/4 scale is clearly best.

The other thing I don't like about him is his total NECA fanboyism. The total devotion to one company and the refusal to like anything by Hot Toys. Same goes vica versa.

:exactly: Nothings more annoying when your looking through a thread & after every few posts someone keeps posting how ____ it is just because they don't like the company or because there loyalty only lys with one company. I buy mainly HT figures but I like to mix it some times & because of that I own two awesome 1/4 Preds & hopefully the complete trio real soon.

The total devotion to one company and the refusal to like anything by Hot Toys. Same goes vica versa.

I would never stick with only one manufacturer for whatever the reason. If I like the product I will buy it no matter who's the manufacturer!

And especially when its compatible with another company's stuff. But simply if its a great representation of the subject, thats enough, needn't matter who made it.

And especially when its compatible with another company's stuff. But simply if its a great representation of the subject, thats enough, needn't matter who made it.

I collect railway models as well and they're all made by the same standards so I can buy from all manufacturers knowing that everything is 100% compatible! And that's what makes world of collecting so interesting! :hi5:

Dudes, anyone have a set of 3 predators to sell in good price ????
I have $$ until now to buy them or maybe only the masked and open mouth ! Any info please pm friends, I don`t want pass on this ones =)

I'm really not seeing all these inaccuracies you speak of Hex... :dunno
Could you be a bit more specific? The gauntlet? From that crappy on set pic I can't really see much detail... Thunder thighs? The angle of the legs is different, so they will look different anyway.
I'm just not very clear on what you are comparing dude.

:lol I certainly know which one I would choose if it were a figure. The adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" springs to mind here. I'm in not the biggest expert, but blind Freddy can see that it's an artistic approximation of The Predator. The comparison pic clearly shows just how completely different the body sculpt and overall appearance is. Just look at the size of the hands, the thunder thighs, etc. The details of the armor is reminiscent of the original , but with loads of artistic license taken with the shapes and details. Just check out the blade gauntlet. Tankman obviously didn't have access to detailed photos or it would look more like the suit. It has more in common with the Classic from Predators, but even then the detail dosen't match up. It's not accurate and that's all there is to it. It's still great for the money, despite it's inaccuracies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's lucky that Hot Toys fans aren't so intolerant of others opinions or this forum would be a war zone.

p111-3.jpg

p111.jpg

Inacurate? No, not at all...

I can't see any differences at all.

It's the most perfectest, perfect creation ever.

Equal to or better that Stan Winstons work. :rotfl

Ahhh, Mr. Pickypants is back lol.

Dude, most of that ____ you circled makes no sense whatsoever and the rest are my fault for not making more adjustments before taking the pic.

Inacurate? No, not at all...

I can't see any differences at all.

It's the most perfectest, perfect creation ever.

Equal to or better that Stan Winstons work. :rotfl

when the hell are you going to realize your comparing the real thing to a $80 toy? It's impossible for any Predator collectible to be 100% accurate without the real screen used suit right in front of them. I have a full size resin statue from the original SWS molds, and I still can't get everything to be 100% screen accurate.

when the hell are you going to realize your comparing the real thing to a $80 toy? It's impossible for any Predator collectible to be 100% accurate without the real screen used suit right in front of them. I have a full size resin statue from the original SWS molds, and I still can't get everything to be 100% screen accurate.

Tell that to all the accuracy nuts in this thread that can't get beyond that fact. :lol

I like the figure, but the claims that it's the most accurate thing ever made are plainly ridiculous.

Just ignore the moron.

He received little to no attention as a child, this is him trying to make up for it.

There is absolutely no need for talk like that.

Nobody is asking your permission to post on this forum or in this thread.

You don't know me, so please keep your immature insults to yourself.

Keep your comments civil or I will be forced to report you to the mods.

I hate talk like that, but people like you need to learn that this isn't your personal playground to chimp around in.

We are people with broad interests here, not 'things' for you to amuse yourself with.

It's cool, Greygoose, I'm beginning to realize that I'm arguing with someone who cannot take things like angle differentials and pose limitations into account before unjustly bashing a figure.

Back