NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't change anything about the orientation and position of the details of the NECA stuff.

It's not accurate when compared and that's all there is to it.

It's a great artistic interpretation, but it's not as accurate as you guys and the sculptor claim.

Nowhere near it.

Tell that to all the accuracy nuts in this thread that can't get beyond that fact. :lol

I like the figure, but the claims that it's the most accurate thing ever made are plainly ridiculous.

I haven't read anyone saying this is the most accurate P1 collectible ever created. Figure yes, but collectible, no. I think everyone understands that.

(Robert Deniro to Billy Batts in Goodfellas knowing that Pesci is gonna hand him his ass soon)...

"Okay."

It's cool, Greygoose, I'm beginning to realize that I'm arguing with someone who cannot take things like angle differentials and pose limitations into account before unjustly bashing a figure.

:goodpost:

I'm still really, really happy with this guy. He gets a turn of my head and my attention everyday when I walk past the detolf. I'm happy with all my Preds (whatever company makes them). :D

@ Azurepred, check out the original Hot Toys Predator thread and all the other Hot Toys Predator threads.

the same old faces in this thread gloating about how Hot Toys is so inaccurate, but NECA is beyond perfection.

Even Tankman was sticking it to Hot Toys and gloating about how his sculpt was PERFECT. :lol

That doesn't change anything about the orientation and position of the details of the NECA stuff.

It's not accurate when compared and that's all there is to it.

It's a great artistic interpretation, but it's not as accurate as you guys and the sculptor claim.

Nowhere near it.

Why continue to post in this thread then? You have made your point several times.

@ Azurepred, check out the original Hot Toys Predator thread and all the other Hot Toys Predator threads.

the same old faces in this thread gloating about how Hot Toys is so inaccurate, but NECA is beyond perfection.

Even Tankman was sticking it to Hot Toys and gloating about how his sculpt was PERFECT. :lol

what do you expect Tankman to say? Of course he's gonna say it's perfect because he sculpted it, you don't need to knock him for that. This Neca Pred is way more accurate than any HT Pred produced to date, so I don't see the problem here. It's not like people are comparing this to the SS maquette, then there would be a debate to be had, but the Neca P1 is far superior in sculpt then anything HT has done in terms of accuracy alone.

Why continue to post in this thread then? You have made your point several times.
That's a very good point.

All knowing God of the universe, Butters..

Why do you continue to come to these threads just to repeatedly tell us how inaccurate it is? If you don't like the figure (company) whatsoever, why can't you just move on?

Because I felt the need to give Hot Toys some props in the accuracy department.

After all the attacks on Hot Toys accuracy, it's nice to put things into perspective and shed some truth on the subject.

Especially after the sculptor Tankman ripped into them about accuracy.

He was wrong and so are many of the self elected accuracy experts.

p111-3.jpg

Tell that to all the accuracy nuts in this thread that can't get beyond that fact. :lol

I like the figure, but the claims that it's the most accurate thing ever made are plainly ridiculous.

Uh... it is the most accurate thing ever made. It's not 100% dead-on by any means, but is it more accurate than any other figure based on the 1987 Predator? Yes, yes it is.

By the way, I can understand certain nitpicks on noticeable areas. That circle-filled picture you posted kind of pushes things. Gives the impression that you've gone a little overboard with the OCD in this hobby. Even the most passive and proud of collectors knows deep down that certain products aren't all they can be, but there is a fine line that, when crossed, should set off the logic in your head that says the only way anything will ever be 100% is if the original suit was scanned and replicated in 1/6 or 1/4 scale. And, even then, if you weren't aware of that, you'd still find something wrong with it because this perfectionist state of mind will have begun to override any reason.

Last edited:
That's a very good point.

All knowing God of the universe, Butters..

Why do you continue to come to these threads just to repeatedly tell us how inaccurate it is? If you don't like the figure (company) whatsoever, why can't you just move on?

Just because you have the "loudest voice" in a thread, doesn't mean that you are right.

It just proves that you're a loud mouth that drowns people out with you BS.

You don't know what you're talking about half the time, but that doesn't stop you from acting like what you say is fact, and that everyone else's point of view is wrong.

Uh... it is the most accurate thing ever made. It's not 100% dead-on by any means, but is it more accurate than any other figure based on the 1987 Predator? Yes, yes it is.

By the way, I can understand certain nitpicks on noticeable areas. That circle-filled picture you posted kind of pushes things. Gives the impression that we've all gone a little overboard with the OCD in this hobby. Even the most passive of collectors knows deep down that certain products aren't all they can be, but there is a fine line that, when crossed, should set off the logic in your head that says the only way anything will ever be 100% is if the original suit was scanned and replicated in 1/6 or 1/4 scale. And, even then, if you weren't aware of that, you'd still find something wrong with it because this perfectionist state of mind will have begun to override any reason.

No, the circle filled picture shows SOME of the inaccuracies.

It's obvious that Tankman just made the details up based on the information he had at the time.

Didn't stop him from writing several nasty messages about how Hot toys isn't accurate, but his is so perfect.

The NECA's are great figures, but far from accurate. But Hot toys takes all the inaccuracy flack?

Pics are going to get posted of the unmasked versions next. Even the unmasked versions are far from dead on accurate.

Why? Because Predator fans need to be better informed, so they actually know what they're talking about on the subject of accuracy.

The fact is NECA's predator is much more accurate in every respect.
Or is that open to debate for you?
Because I own both the NECA 18" and the HT 12" and NECA's looks much more accurate. Period.
As far as I can see, it is the most accurate figure out there. You are not putting anything into perspective by pointing out small details that we can't really judge against a grainy, crappy behind-the-scenes picture! Maybe if you could show isolated photos of details and compare them, maybe then we could have a discussion on nitty-picky details.
However, if you look at the HT figure, there are gross differences. From the overall body proportions to small details.
There is just no argument, even fans of the HT pred concede that NECA's sculpt and accuracy are much better.

Just because you have the "loudest voice" in a thread, doesn't mean that you are right.

It just proves that you're a loud mouth that drowns people out with you BS.

You don't know what you're talking about half the time, but that doesn't stop you from acting like what you say is fact, and that everyone else's point of view is wrong.

I'd venture to say you're the same. You mentioned you couldn't even look at your HT AVP Predators anymore in a different thread... do you really have them? Lately you've been so negative, just out of the blue. This, to many of us, proves you don't know what you're talking about half the time.

Butters, do you own this figure?

If yes, why?

If no, why are you so upset by it?

:lecture:lecture:lecture Seriously.

It's obvious that Tankman just made the details up based on the information he had at the time.

Didn't stop him from writing several nasty messages about how Hot toys isn't accurate, but his is so perfect.

The NECA's are great figures, but far from accurate. But Hot toys takes all the inaccuracy flack?

Pics are going to get posted of the unmasked versions next. Even the unmasked versions are far from dead on accurate.

Why? Because Predator fans need to be better informed, so they actually know what they're talking about on the subject of accuracy.

That circle you drew on his left knee armor is only there because the knee isn't turned at the exact angle. Actually, most of your circles are there for that reason. It's not the most poseable figure in the world, so there are certain turns and twists posers have to make in order to get something with that kind of articulation to balance correctly. You're just stirring the pot with nothing to back it up and you're defending Hot Toys because a shin or a bicep on the NECA wasn't facing the right direction. :lol

Please don't. I have this guy in front of me now. I can see how amazing he looks for myself.

Haven't you heard? Butters is the newest self-proclaimed accuracy messiah! I get that some people dislike a piece and critique it, then avoid purchasing it. Trolls, however, never stop. Either they do believe what they're saying and they feel they have to inform us (as if we can't inform ourselves -- we probably even have more Predator pieces than he does), or they're just bored. The scariest part is how I can't tell which one Butters is.

Well, if you're informing them about the accuracy of the HT pred and inaccuracy of the NECA pred they'll be pretty misinformed.... :cuckoo:

For the record I didn't turn the figures waste to match the on-set pic for fear of tearing the netting since it's essentially just tucked under the waist half of the body and might cause some grinding by turning it.

In fact I haven't moved any of them at the waist since I got them.

Been a fan of this film and this character since 87, have seen the film more times than I could even count and I know what the Predator looks like from his clawed toes to the top of his ugly mother f!@#ing head...this figure is it.

End of debate as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Back