NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks sweet. :)

You might want to reattach the cable that connects the torso armor to the shoulder armor, though.

Yeah I will. I need to find some crazy glue. The cable popped off after he took a tumble one night. That's the second time he's fallen out of nowhere. He'll be fine for months and then just fall out of nowhere.

Great pics guys! I recently reposed mine to look like the scene after he takes off his backpack/mask. He looks like he came straight from the movie!

neca181.jpg

Very cool picture.

Absolutely, he looks like straight from the movie, love the closed mouth version.

Tankman was the one attacking Hot Toys about accuracy and it's now a fact that his sculpt isn't much better.

He did it so many times people stopped responding to him. I lost respect for him after reading his posts about HT.

It's his artistic interpretation. it's not accurate at all when you look at everything combined.

I'm not saying that to be nasty, it's just the truth.

Good, yes.

Accurate, no.

And it will become even more apparent when additional photos of the original suit get posted.

p111-3.jpg

:hi5: Greenblood72 you nailed it with this picture! :eek

:lol I certainly know which one I would choose if it were a figure. The adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" springs to mind here. I'm in not the biggest expert, but blind Freddy can see that it's an artistic approximation of The Predator. The comparison pic clearly shows just how completely different the body sculpt and overall appearance is. Just look at the size of the hands, the thunder thighs, etc. The details of the armor is reminiscent of the original , but with loads of artistic license taken with the shapes and details. Just check out the blade gauntlet. Tankman obviously didn't have access to detailed photos or it would look more like the suit. It has more in common with the Classic from Predators, but even then the detail dosen't match up. It's not accurate and that's all there is to it. It's still great for the money, despite it's inaccuracies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's lucky that Hot Toys fans aren't so intolerant of others opinions or this forum would be a war zone.

It's lucky that Hot Toys fans aren't so intolerant of others opinions or this forum would be a war zone.

:rotfl

The way you guys react when someone has the slightest criticism of a HT piece suggests anything but tolerance on your part. However, you're not entirely wrong - this whole board is full of intolerance of others opinions. But its not exclusive to NECA fans.

Last edited:
4 skulls $24.00 shipped in the US (one painted bloody other 3 is up to you):

necaskulls.jpg

what they look like painted:

18inchskulls.jpg

Damn those skulls are awesome man. $24 shipped huh? Im thinking. I personally like the jawless one the best, but they all look great man.

:lol I certainly know which one I would choose if it were a figure. The adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" springs to mind here. I'm in not the biggest expert, but blind Freddy can see that it's an artistic approximation of The Predator. The comparison pic clearly shows just how completely different the body sculpt and overall appearance is. Just look at the size of the hands, the thunder thighs, etc. The details of the armor is reminiscent of the original , but with loads of artistic license taken with the shapes and details. Just check out the blade gauntlet. Tankman obviously didn't have access to detailed photos or it would look more like the suit. It has more in common with the Classic from Predators, but even then the detail dosen't match up. It's not accurate and that's all there is to it. It's still great for the money, despite it's inaccuracies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It is accurate. That's all there is to it.
You need to get out more.. See the world, realize that there is more to do in life than just start arguements over an internet forum.

This is a thread for PREDATOR fans, anyway. Not HOT TOYS fans.

I'm really not seeing all these inaccuracies you speak of Hex... :dunno
Could you be a bit more specific? The gauntlet? From that crappy on set pic I can't really see much detail... Thunder thighs? The angle of the legs is different, so they will look different anyway.
I'm just not very clear on what you are comparing dude.

He just wants to bash NECA, it's what lifeless trolls do.

HOT TOYZ ARR GREAT AND MAEK QUALITY COLLECTERBLEZ, EVERYTIN ELZ IS BAD

As part of my new total Predator redo project, I've started a new human skull sculpt scaled to the NECA Predator. When I'm done, this thing will be pretty dead on balls accurate.

299199_2345752811753_1488014891_32701075_7392904_n.jpg

Best and most accurate Predator scuplt ever, everyone who is objectively and know how the Predator looks will agree with me.
The netting is the only visible inaccurate thing but it doesnt look bad at all.
All Predator collectibles have a inaccurate netting.Either too big or too thick like HTs one etc.

what's wrong with the SS maquette netting? :dunno

jesus christ, some of you guys are lucky your getting any figures at all of these awesome characters and 900 pages later people are still discussing netting...

Back