NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy right looks more than the Predator from the movie than the left.
Too accurate, lol.

neca twitter

@Gearshead123

what requirements would i need to get a job in toy sculpting?

NECA_TOYS

talent, ability and a very strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions are most important.

They know exactly how proportions should be.
Predator is a good example, just perfect.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how far the 1/4 scale figure's proportions are off from the suit, yuck. I'm going to throw mine in the trash as soon as my lobotomy stitches heal.

This picture is awesome, BTW, his body language suggests...

005-2.jpg

lol.

Tankman was the one attacking Hot Toys about accuracy and it's now a fact that his sculpt isn't much better.

He did it so many times people stopped responding to him. I lost respect for him after reading his posts about HT.

It's his artistic interpretation. it's not accurate at all when you look at everything combined.

I'm not saying that to be nasty, it's just the truth.

Good, yes.

Accurate, no.

And it will become even more apparent when additional photos of the original suit get posted.

What? :slap:slap:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:
And just to hammer it home even further...

p111-3.jpg

Inaccurate. Uh huh lol.

About the only real negative thing I can say when you place them side by side like that is that it really shows how off the mark the netting is.

This is an amazing comparison. It's probably the very best comparison i've seen yet. It's mind-blowing how on-the-money NECA's sculpt is...freakish actually (aside from the netting, mask gap and mask seam...which are MINOR problems as far as im concerned) It's like the 7+foot tall creature was shrunk down to a 19" figure. I still can't believe we got this collectible. I stand by my word that is STILL is the finest 1987 Predator figure ever made, and this comparison proves it without a shadow of a doubt.

GREAT WORK Greenblood72 :clap:hi5::clap:hi5::clap:hi5::clap

Just got my closed mouth one today, The left arm is really loose in the shoulder socket compared to the right is this the norm?

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

It just irks the hell out of me when someone comes in and starts boasting about something being inaccurate when I know that it isn't inaccurate.

I think that it's safe to say that the pic I made should be enough to shut that issue down lol. :)

Last edited:
Just got my closed mouth one today, The left arm is really loose in the shoulder socket compared to the right is this the norm?

Give the left arm a good push inward, that should tighten it up, not permanently but enough for you to pose it the way you want it and it should stay if you don't move it too much.

Back