NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the predator was 6 foot tall, this would be 1/4 scale. It's a fraction taller than my Indy PF, where he should really tower over him.

l found out tonight that if you use a razer and trim the bottom of the lenses, the gap is even less after doing that. l am still tweeking mine before l finally glue the top on. just a suggestion if you haven't glued yet because you might be able to close it up a bit more.

I did some more trimming under the visor, cutting my thumb with my xacto knife in the process (damn this hobby), and the gap is even narrower now.

I have a question for those who also did the fix, what kind of glue should I use? Is Krazy Glue safe to use? I know that stuff can eat or melt some plastics.

I'm guessing Testors modeling glue would be best to use right?

Last edited:
I did some more trimming under the visor, cutting my thumb with my xacto knife in the process (damn this hobby), and the gap is even narrower now.

I have a question for those who also did the fix, what kind of glue should I use? Is Krazy Glue safe to use? I know that stuff can eat or melt some plastics.

gotta watch my vid man...I warn you..you should be with an adult when using sharp objects! haha..

good stuff

well, ive tried to cancel an order with them (was showing as processing at time of cancellation), went in to check it and although it still shows as cancelled, its also showing as dispatched...so im a little confused now, i have emailed them about it so wonder what might arrive first, the reply to my email, or this figure which ive tried to cancel the order for

l used crazy glue. l only glued the bottom part on as of now. there are two kinds of crazy glue. the thick kind or the water kind. l used the water kind, its runny. the bottom of the mask is on very tight. l pulled on it the other day and she is stuck on there now. so any kind of crazy glue will work perfect.

I'm suprised you didn't mention that this isn't even 1/4. I keep calling it the KPH stunt double cause this won't look good next to most 1/4 pieces except for Neca's so called other 1/4 scale pieces. That's the biggest dissapointment for me.
samesies. as a collector, having non-scale stuff that sticks out like a sore thumb is a pet peeve of mine. i only have one other 1:5 scale collectible which is the Amalgamated Dynamics X-Files Alien maquette. so i have my NECA pred next to that and my NECA Alien with my other 1:4 scale stuff in a separate display.
so whats the actual 1/4 size for this?
around 22.5 inches would be 1:4 scale. at 19 inches, this is just about 1:5 scale. pretty big difference. NECA could give a s#!t apparently.

Hopeing I find one at frank and sons tomorrow

Good luck man! Though I'm sure the scalpers are going to be gouging for this guy there.

I actually found a lone masked version at TRU on Sunday. I was kinda shocked, hot stuff doesnt sit at Burbank TRU for more than a few minutes usually. I let my buddy take it since I already have one, I was on the hunt for closed madible..

Just got my Neca P1 19inch Masked ver... :yess: Im happy to say that I have no net rips my blades are both fine no crookedness... :clap Ill be hunting for a open mouth now at my Toys R Us...:horror If Neca makes P2 and Elder in the 19inch scale it would be a dream come true now that Ive seen this guy in person...:lecture:exactly:

Heard back from BBTS and they're letting me just return the 2 with tears in the netting. I got to open my closed mouth. They painted on of his pupils a bit off center, so he's kind of got a wonky eye. But, it's really not something anyone will notice. It's not horribly off. The closed mouth looks like a tight fit to paint those on. I suspect if others looked closely at theirs, it's probably a common thing.

Other than that, he's in good shape. I snaped the thin support bar or whatever it is on the side of the cannon while attaching it. It fits right back together, so not a huge deal. Something to watch for when you put yours together.

These are pretty impressive if you get them without any significant defects. Once I get the replacements back from BBTS, I'll be pretty happy with them. I'd still like to see some fixes to the netting problem before any future installments. However, this looks like a good foray into this scale figure, and a marked improvement for NECA.

Also, mine's ankles seem pretty tight. It's the knee joints that are looser. I think this will vary from figure to figure. I don't see mine falling over from the knees.

The soft rubber armor doesn't bother me one bit. It looks just like the parts that are harder plastic, and probably needs to be flexible. I think it was the right call on using that material for those who are concerned about that.

For those interested: My MCToys-style grade (1 to 4 being best)

Packaging - 2.5
Sculpting - 4
Paint - 3
Articulation - 2.5
Accessories - 3
Fun Factor - 3.5
Value - 4
Overall - 3.5

Last edited:
Back