NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there different versions?
On some images, the netting is 4-square, on other images 6-square(false).
Was the error on the masks corrected on some figures?

21ccec1.jpg

Is the netting on anyone else's figure getting a bit annoying? I'm going to go on a bit of a rant now, so bear with me.

Okay, so I didn't quite have enough time yesterday to really admire the figure and give it the attention it deserves. Today, I did. Just got done with my photo session, so the pics will be up soon. As I was posing this guy (nothing too crazy, I didn't even go into the squat stance), I thought to myself how this figure was a total dream come true. It reminds me of one of those giant rotocast figures, only bigger and more detailed. The shiny-looking skin, the size, the fact that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of an HT piece. And you know what? I find that strangely appealing. Whenever I look at it, the kid inside me says "Wow. Finally, we have a humongous Predator figure, just a giant bare-bones hunk of plastic to display and enjoy." It's hard to say just how much I love this thing, but I truly believe it's the Figure of the Year for me. And perhaps more.

The only issue is the netting. I don't mind that it's innaccurate. I don't mind the visor gap. I don't mind that NECA took a shortcut and used plastic string between the trophy skulls on the necklace. I don't mind that the hands sometimes need a little push back into their sockets to stay tight. I don't mind any of that -- but the fact that the netting is so fragile is heartbreaking. Every time I see this figure, I immediately want to mess around with it, maybe do some neat poses (once again, nothing too terribly dramatic). Only I can't. A couple strands of netting have broken so I'll attempt to fix it with a small dab of Krazy Glue.

Not sure how the rest of you feel about this figure, but the appeal of it for me is that it's so much like a bigger, and better-looking version of the toys I loved as a kid. It's not meant for play, and I don't do any of that to begin with. What bothers me is that I have to hold back whenever I'm handling it, even if I'll still be careful. I can agree with those of you who are afraid to touch it, I mean it's like having the collectible you've been dreaming of without being able to enjoy it.

Sigh... I wouldn't advise NECA to use sculpted netting UNLESS their new factory can paint it cleanly. Or, if they still want to go the real and legitimate route, I'd hope that they find a better kind. Maybe something with larger diamonds and slightly-thicker strands (or string, which I'd gladly pay an extra $50 for, seriously). Anything to up the durability of the figure.
Now what if they produced a 1/4 P2? I'd hope that they could find a solution to this problem by then, but I'd still like them to apply it to the P1 as well.

I honestly would not change a single thing except for the netting. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only issue keeping the piece from 100%. I haven't had such an attachment to a figure since I got my HT AVP Celtic Predator, only I don't have to worry about anything snapping there. All of this makes me wonder if there's any way at all to replace the net. Hrm...

Last edited:
Is the netting on anyone else's figure getting a bit annoying? I'm going to go on a bit of a rant now, so bear with me.

The only issue is the netting. I don't mind that it's innaccurate. I don't mind the visor gap. I don't mind that NECA took a shortcut and used plastic string between the trophy skulls on the necklace. I don't mind that the hands sometimes need a little push back into their sockets to stay tight. I don't mind any of that -- but the fact that the netting is so fragile is heartbreaking. Every time I see this figure, I immediately want to mess around with it, maybe do some neat poses (once again, nothing too terribly dramatic). Only I can't. A couple strands of netting have broken so I'll attempt to fix it with a small dab of Krazy Glue.

Not sure how the rest of you feel about this figure, but the appeal of it for me is that it's so much like a bigger, and better-looking version of the toys I loved as a kid. It's not meant for play, and I don't do any of that to begin with. What bothers me is that I have to hold back whenever I'm handling it, even if I'll still be careful. I can agree with those of you who are afraid to touch it, I mean it's like having the collectible you've been dreaming of without being able to enjoy it.

I understand your issues about the netting. The netting has ripped slightly on my closed mouth Preds right thigh, on the lighter skin area, so it's more noticeable. I wanted to get my open mouth out before and repose him but I'm too scared of having to twist the legs incase the same happens on his netting.

Still a great figure though. I'm happy with my closed mouth pose. He's on the shelf now and I don't plan to touch him again.:lol

Re: 1/4 Scale NECA Review and Thoughts

I don't understand why everyone is throwing hate at this dude's review. Not everyone has to like everything. Do I agree with him? Not at all but it's just his opinion. For the price I think this figure is golden. If all of his 'nitpicks' were corrected then you'd have a $200 HT figure. We all just need to chill a bit!!

Re: 1/4 Scale NECA Review and Thoughts

I don't understand why everyone is throwing hate at this dude's review. Not everyone has to like everything. Do I agree with him? Not at all but it's just his opinion. For the price I think this figure is golden. If all of his 'nitpicks' were corrected then you'd have a $200 HT figure. We all just need to chill a bit!!

He's an idiot. Even before he bought the figure he was complaining; yet he went out and bought all 3.:cuckoo:

Back