NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Scale NECA Review and Thoughts

I find it hilarious that some of you agree with him. There's just..nothing else to say really.

:horror.........I'm shocked how not 1/4 scale this piece is :lol. The Neca figure must be based on KPH's stunt double :wink1:. Hey Fremen, I'm curious if you have a 1:1 full size pieces in your collection?

Well the CM Endo is 1/3 scale and I'm not sure the Scale on the SS one. I thought it was 1/3 but maybe it's 1/4. This Neca is a pretty big figure and big beside some of my 1/4 scale figures.

I have the 1:1 Endo and 1:1 queen face hugger. As well I have the 1:1 Starwars creature that sits on Jabbas thrown. Some thing Crumb...

He does have some valid points, but none of them are to the severity that they ruin the figure. The down sides of the figure don't even out weight the positive aspects for me.

About the Toys R Us getting them...

I have to say is a bitter sweet news,
sweet because that could mean our preorders are going to be filled, I mean, it would be impossible that they would send them to stores and not fill our orders.....

bitter because, well, yeah..How can they have this in stores and not fill preorders yet, that's pretty weird, I hope to get my two preds soon, i hope Toys R us deliver them,

I wonder, If I see these at my store and tell them about my preorder, I couldn't pick one up and have them just charge it as the preorder one? do I make any sense? I dont know, Just thinking here

even if he hates it, its still a sale for neca lol :)

and, I am new here but, are these "review" threads aloud? wouldn't single reviews filled this boards up real bad?

Phew, this guy ROCKS! I went to TRU today and was totally blown away. They had all three versions (I guess the woman I spoke too last night couldn't tell the difference between the two unmasked versions), so I got every single one of them at $70 each. A friend of mine also wanted me to pick up a masked figure for him, so I asked if they had another case and they did. Someone brought it up and we got the masked one from there.

Anyway, my friend loves his figure and won't stop talking about it. Over on my end, I already decapitated the other two bodies so they're back in the box and ready for sale. Here are some pics we took when we got home (after the second masked Predator was given to my bud):

54c0g7.jpg

1zfo48w.jpg

Hopefully the daylight will be good enough tomorrow for me to take some pics and review him. But let me tell you guys, this is probably Figure of the Year for me. It's astonishing how we've never gotten something like this before, I mean it's the 1987 character we all know and love -- blown up. Opening these things, I felt like a little kid at Christmas, back when all the presents seemed so big because I was so small. Only now, the presents actually ARE big.

Today was totally amazing. After I was through with them, the Tigard TRU now just has the unmasked ones from that second case.

:banana:banana:banana

How Much are you going to sell the bodies for???
I only ask to have an Idea, I might sell one of my bodies too...

Did the head came of easily or hard to come off?
how did you do it? just pull?

How Much are you going to sell the bodies for???
I only ask to have an Idea, I might sell one of my bodies too...

Did the head came of easily or hard to come off?
how did you do it? just pull?

Planning to sell them for $40 each plus shipping since they're being kept in the boxes.

What I did was I took the tray housing the figure out of the box and cut the twisties holding the dreadlocks. Then I wiggled and pulled to get the head off, then stuffed the tray with the still-secured decapitated figure back in the box.

He does have some valid points, but none of them are to the severity that they ruin the figure. The down sides of the figure don't even out weight the positive aspects for me.
When I read what he typed, I didn't see valid points. I saw whatever he could scrape up to bash the figure, and NECA.

I mean, come on, the armor is soo flimsy that it will melt in hot weather? :slap

Just ridiculous.

Maybe I'm more angry about this because of what you brought up. The fact that this figure is so amazing, the bad things are just insignificant.

When I read what he typed, I didn't see valid points. I saw whatever he could scrape up to bash the figure, and NECA.

I mean, come on, the armor is soo flimsy that it will melt in hot weather? :slap

Just ridiculous.

Maybe I'm more angry about this because of what you brought up. The fact that this figure is so amazing, the bad things are just insignificant.

Yeah thats just plain idiocrasy right there. Im sure itll melt alright...:rolleyes2:lol

As time passes I'm starting to get itchy for a second set of these.

When I jumped ship from RIDICULOUSLY slow Amoktime I had three (yes three) sets on pre-order but when I ordered from CSC I only ordered one set.

I may have to do this maybe next week, I just want to have a set to keep in their boxes.

Never understood why people used BBTS, CSC has everything that they do for roughly the same price and are much quicker. Just my thoughts.

However the CA tax is killer, and for items I don't mind waiting on, BBTS is a nice alternative. I also prefer the way BBTS' site is arranged and allows for pre-order cancellations free of charge.
This is why I don't buy anything from CSC either, especially when I can get the same product out of state and avoid the sales tax.

So in the long run, I end up paying less than what I would have to pay if I buy from CSC.

I just did the bio helmet mod using Tankmans method. Very happy with the results!

For anyone still confused I'll do a step by step guide that will hopefully clear up alot of questions.

This is what worked for me. Took a total of 25 minutes or so.

1. pop off the predators head from his body (comes off pretty easily and goes back on easily as well)

2. I let the head soak in really hot water for about 5 minutes to kind of soften up the glue so that it will be easier to pull off the bio.

3. i started by inserting a flat head screw driver through the top rear center part of his helmet and gently lifting up. You'll hear the glue kind of making popping sounds as the bio is separating from his head. once the top is loose, just kind of work your way around the sides the best you can. the bottom mouth areas were glued pretty tight on mine. basically so tight, i couldn't wedge the flat head under it so I just peeled off the entire bio helmet from his head (pulling from the rear of the bio toward his face with quite alot of force) until the entire helmet lifted. be careful because the plastic used for the bio is VERY soft once heated up.

NOTE: it took a few different soakings in hot water to soften up all the way) some people were able to take just the mouth piece off leaving the top dome part on the head.. this wasn't the case for me as the mouth piece was glued pretty good to the face. You can try to get the mouth piece off first instead of taking the entire helmet off.

4. once you have the bio off, you may need to soak it once more in hot water in order to soften up the mouth piece so it can be pulled off easier.

5. once the bio is in two pieces, you will need to shave off the little "teeth" like molding that's on the inside of the MOUTH piece. I used an xacto knife for this. be sure to shave as much of it completely off or else this piece will cause you to still have the gap. It will take a few test fits to get right.

6. from here on out its mainly about testing and fitting until you can eliminate the gap. once you get the general idea of how the mask needs to be positioned go ahead and pop the preds head back onto his body if you havent already.

7. once you have the predators head back on, glue the bio helmet back together first. when the bio helmet is in one piece and the glue has dried, glue the helmet back onto the predators face.

now your predator doesn't look like hes wearing shades! :yess:

Again, this is what worked for me. others have had slightly different methods. It really depends how tight the mouth piece is glued down. if you can get away with just taking off the mouth piece, it will save you alot of time.
Very cool.
Thanks for that step-by-step and :welcome1: to the forums.

you just don't give up do you. still complaining and saying the same thing over and over, how you are not banned yet is beyond me. why the hell did you start a thread just to complain about this figure more. you should of wrote this in the 1/4 neca pred thread. jeeze. you just stepped up your trolling.

can mods delete this thread, all of this is already in the neca pred thread.

In my opinion Fotnox should not be banned, it is clear that its "review"is not objective, must be part of that circle of collectors who pay $ 600 for a toy goner as a faithful model that seen in the film

To me its not post irritates me, indeed, makes me smile :rolleyes2

I find it hilarious that some of you agree with him. There's just..nothing else to say really.

l HATE this guy. but l do agree with a couple things. l wrote my own review in the neca thread. l only agree that the skulls sucked, soft rubber, and the ropes suck. but it is an easy fix. drill holes in the skull and put a new rope threw, done, fixed. some of the soft armour was kinda cheap, but who cares it does look like metal armour. that's all l agree with him.

he's complaining some of the dreads are fused together in the back. yes they are, but all you need is a razor blade and you can cut the little peice of plastic that holds them together,now you have seperate dreads. all he is complaining about are easy fixes. so he is just trying to bash this figure every chance he gets.

fortnox get this threw your thick skull. you paid $80 for this figure. that's it . if he cost $250-300 then l would agree with you more. this fig is better then the $300 Hot Toys peice, end of story.

Back