NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Job Kid:clap
picture.php

picture.php

We're lucky this P1 got made and nobody out there would want the P2 like this more than me. You're right how time flies right by WOW. Seems like winter was one month long. There is nothing I'd like more then to see P2 end up like this. The P2 sculpt is very very good and maybe even better than the P1. I know the paint on the face would be real tough to get. For me the smaller figures are always a big let down no matter how good they turn out. I like 12 inch figures but I love these 18inch figures best. I really have a lot of fun seeing other artist do such great paint work on something I did the original sculpt for. Freaking cool stuff indeed.

I know what you mean, I don't hold much hope on an amazing paint job on the smaller P2's head. The masked version should turn out better, right? :D He is dying for the 1/4 treatment.:rock

Only afew more days to wait.:yess:

I don't think we even put the head on the body yet.

Hurry up...:panic:

:lol

I am planning on articulating the mandibles on one and figuring out how to make a removable mask..and of course, a paint job is in order....

But in no way am I knocking this piece...I am still amazed that we are getting such a fantastic figure for $80... thanks NECA!

Looking forward to seeing what you do on yours.:wink1:

I'm still debating make a diorama base for this guy, space is the only issue though as the base would be huge.

Here's some crappy phone camera pics to show how he looks on display with Sideshow stuff. The wife is out of town with the camera right now, so I'll have to take some proper pics when she gets back.

pred1.jpg

pred2.jpg

pred3.jpg

Here's some crappy phone camera pics to show how he looks on display with Sideshow stuff. The wife is out of town with the camera right now, so I'll have to take some proper pics when she gets back.

pred2.jpg

If you see it like that on a decent base next to the alien warrior, it looks damn good for a toy. Worth every penny!

It looks too good to be true. Praying for P2 1/4 to happen (and also Wolf (and also Elder P2).

impressive standing alongside with other bigger pieces. Like I said this serves up as a fantastic statue style piece - best left to that standing pose haha...fortunately, thats the pose that has the long lasting appeal.

Damn, just for fun I went to ebay to see what people are charging and they must be out of their freakin' minds over there, one guy is charging $500.00 for the set of three!

They aren't even 100% sold out yet to warrant paying that much, in a few months sure when there is no alternative but not now.

It looks too good to be true. Praying for P2 1/4 to happen (and also Wolf (and also Elder P2).

:exactly: :goodpost: I hope great selling of 1/4 P1 will convince staff at NECA eventually. There are so many loyal Pred fans, just waiting to come alive and take them!

I personally hate the masked version. So I picked up another Predator today, the closed mouth one to accompany my open mouth one.

I repainted both figures and man, it look real good

What is it about the masked version you don't like, Jedster? Outside of the seam and the gap of course.

We're lucky this P1 got made and nobody out there would want the P2 like this more than me. You're right how time flies right by WOW. Seems like winter was one month long. There is nothing I'd like more then to see P2 end up like this. The P2 sculpt is very very good and maybe even better than the P1. I know the paint on the face would be real tough to get. For me the smaller figures are always a big let down no matter how good they turn out. I like 12 inch figures but I love these 18inch figures best. I really have a lot of fun seeing other artist do such great paint work on something I did the original sculpt for. Freaking cool stuff indeed.

Hi tankman,

I do appreciate your work; I really like NECA 1/4 Predators. I had ordered a set of 3 Predators. I really hope that P2 will be produced in 1/4 scale. Thanks NECA makes such amazing figures.:clap

Thanks for the answer friend! i am curious how people will display them being that they are so big! Question is though which version will you have on display?

Well, I have a shop that I work out of that has all my figures in there, so it is no big deal for me to have such a big display piece...

I have always liked the look of the BIo, but man, the open mouth just has so much detail and still reminds me of the first time we saw him roar... soo...I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ONE I AM GOING TO OPEN!!! LOL...

Looks like all 1/4 Predators from BBTS pre-orders are sold out.I think this is sign that they finally come in stock soon:yess:

Looks like all 1/4 Predators from BBTS pre-orders are sold out.I think this is sign that they finally come in stock soon:yess:

i just cancelled my pre-order from bbts of an extra masked and open mouth so hopefully someone here will be able to snap them up.

please let them be instock soon :impatient::pray::pray:

Damn, just for fun I went to ebay to see what people are charging and they must be out of their freakin' minds over there, one guy is charging $500.00 for the set of three!

They aren't even 100% sold out yet to warrant paying that much, in a few months sure when there is no alternative but not now.
Right, that's just insane.
But you know, someone who is really impatient will jump on that.
Those are the twitch-buyers.

Back