NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img7934m.jpg
Love this one. :lol

Hey by the medical kit area, their is suppose to be 1 wire running across by his back side. On the press pictures it was their, doesn't seem to be their anymore. Did Neca cheap out again?

cheap out again?? ur gettin it at 80, quit nitpicking

As excited as I am about getting this now I kinda agree with this post. Though I will save my critique's till I have the actual figure in hand. Something about pictures that I never trust, no matter how good the camera is and monitor you are looking on. Colors always seem to get messed up and never appear as they do in real life.

I think however, people proclaiming its the "Best pred ever"...even better than the almighty sidehow maquette and cinemaquette...id say that is laughable. Id rather have either one of them statue's ANY day of the week , month or year.

I think for the price, it does top out the HT in terms of accuracy to the film and its sheer size. I think IMO where it falls short to the HT P1 is the articulation and overall quality of materials used. I will hold my judgement on paint when I see it for myself.

There is a good reason the guys that have this piece love it. You want to know why? It's kick butt and I have the CM right here in front of me. Want to guess which one looks better? By the way guess which one is sculpted better and is more accurate. Cool to get on and see these are hitting now.
One cost 2000 dollars and it cracks me up the 80 dollar one is better even though the 3 feet tall does grab the looks of guest of mine. I bet you will be very happy with this guy when you get him.

Maybe tankman can explain the gum paint?

Our painters added it to give it some depth. I think in hand it looks nice.
I'm not happy that I see the gap isn't gone as much as I wanted. It looks cool still but as the sculptor of this figure I'd really liked it to be perfect. The toughest part of this job isn't the sculpting. It's keeping the China factories from making wrecks of our hard work. Over all I'm happy with the way this guy looks though. Glad to hear the guys that have this seem to be very happy with it.

There is a good reason the guys that have this piece love it. You want to know why? It's kick butt and I have the CM right here in front of me. Want to guess which one looks better? By the way guess which one is sculpted better and is more accurate. Cool to get on and see these are hitting now.
One cost 2000 dollars and it cracks me up the 80 dollar one is better even though the 3 feet tall does grab the looks of guest of mine. I bet you will be very happy with this guy when you get him.

So the NECA version is far superior to the CM one? :dunno

tankman, I respect your skills and love your predator, but every single time you talk, why do you have feel the need to justify your work by bashing something else. Asking these captain obvious, other-product-bashing-style questions like "want to guess which one looks better", "by the way guess which one is sculpted better?"...and making comments about how finding it funny that the $80 Neca is better than the $2000 CM is just strange...I don't know, just sounds like your insecure.

Obviously this 1/4 predator rocks and is an absolute steal at the price...you got tons of fans here already and you know your work is solid...not sure why you feel the need to keep saying things like this everytime...anyways, sorry for the scrutiny, but thats only because of the good work you do.

tankman, I respect your skills and love your predator, but every single time you talk, why do you have feel the need to justify your work by bashing something else. Asking these captain obvious, other-product-bashing-style questions like "want to guess which one looks better", "by the way guess which one is sculpted better?"...and making comments about how finding it funny that the $80 Neca is better than the $2000 CM is just strange...I don't know, just sounds like your insecure.

Obviously this 1/4 predator rocks and is an absolute steal at the price...you got tons of fans here already and you know your work is solid...not sure why you feel the need to keep saying things like this everytime...anyways, sorry for the scrutiny, but thats only because of the good work you do.

:exactly::goodpost:

Because as a huge fan myself it seems for 2000 dollars you should get a film accurate figure and I want you guys to get the best piece possible. In my opinion ours is a better looking piece and only 80 bucks. I see things with the paint that should be better but still 80 bucks. I look over at my CM and it's not painted or sculpted great like it should be. The goal was to give fans the Kevin Peter Hall Pred. CM didn't do this and when guys act like others might be crazy to put this 80 dollar figure up against a 2000 dollar figure I bet they would never believe the 80 dollar figure can look better. CM is cool but no way Kevin Peter Hall's predator and for that matter this figure is more accurate and detailed than the SS piece also. It seem to me guys that have this really like it. There is a reason for this I would think. Most sculptors or artist can be insecure maybe and most that are any good hope to please other fans. I guess you can't please everybody though.

I think the thing for me to remember is some will love it some won't. Maybe I shouldn't say anything about the other figures to justify ours but guys should just get it in hand and see and feel what they think. I think the sculpt should speak for it's self. The CM and SS are very nice and I just wish for the money you get accurate stuff and you should is all. If accurate isn't the main thing OK. So many though seem to want that most and a really good paint job. It kills me I still see a gap in the mask. I'm a huge fan and want to get other companies Predators but like many fans I love accurate stuff the most. Sometimes though a figure like the HT is worth it even if it's not dead on. CM on the other hand for the big prise should be very dead on don't you think? I do need to remember we all have our own opinion on things and it's a very good time to be a Predator nut.

So the NECA version is far superior to the CM one? :dunno

In my opinion it's more film accurate but the CM you can't help but notice how the size and great pose make it a very nice collectible. I got it because I saw Steve's at Comic Con with his paint job on it. I also thought I would use it as reference to help when and if I got my shot at it. I found out after I got the figure Steve Wang said he did his take on the Predator rather than make a very good film accurate sculpture. CM I thought were marketed as three foot tall movie accurate figures right? Not to sound like a trash talker but I do think ours is the best film accurate sculpt out there right now. It's not perfect but the goal was to make it as accurate as we could and make it a great bang for the buck.
Articulation HT is way better than ours. All in all most of these Predators are nice but if you want accurate some are better than others in my opinion.

Kyle - you gonna be working on Rambo?

Yes very soon and this whole last year has been Freddy, Predator, Terminator, Iron Maiden and now Rambo. It's been the best year of fun for me for sure. It's like being back in high school and feeling like more then 20 years haven't really past. So much fun. I'm enjoying the fact the 19inch Predator is here finally.

Back