NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Not sure about this one yet. I would need to see more pics before I can justify going out of my Hot Toys and MOTUC boundries.

Does look promising though!

All this "one company versus another" bull____ really is stupid.

Just enjoy the figure, no need to be a nobber about previously released versions of the same character. Although, you guys that have a blinkered allegiance one way or the other are pretty entertaining in your arguments. :rotfl

decapitated that Berserker... would be more beautiful!

The Neca comparison:
dxg2h3.jpg

You cant compare Prototype Neca P1 to a mass produced Hot Toys.The bigger the statue/ figure the more detail can be included (New hot toys stuff is at a different level). HT has gotten much better at things but I promise you the 18 inch predator from Neca wont look as good as their Proto.

Last edited:

^ the thing you quoted is not a Hot Toys VS Neca comparisation but a Neca 19" VS Neca 7" comparisation :lecture

They are way better looking and stick out of the head the right way. You're right about this again. I'm hoping HT is remaking their P1 and taking notes on sculpting accurate 101.

Some confirmation would be great.

Seriously tankman, direct questions are asked to you about the bio and you skip those to take another cheap shot at Hot Toys? I understand you may not know yet about the bio, but then at least tell us instead of finding every opportunity to put down another company.

I agree. And for the record, I do buy predators because I like the characters, not because I'm on especially on Hot Toys or Necas sides. But yah, everytime Tankman comes out he somehow put downs Hot Toys directly or indirectly. He's made his point of view quite clear by now. Come on, saying that Hot Toys needs a "101" course is just downright degrading. They have some of the best, if not the best talent out there. Why can't Tankman just focus on what is going on well and what is right with Neca, and stay away from the bashing. Each time he does this and gets called out he apologizes. I'm beginning to think the apologies are meant for nothing. Maybe I am beating the dead horse as well - but hey, I'm nobody. Tankman is representing Neca in some form or shape on these forums, whether Neca endorses or not, so compared to any random fool like myself, he has even more reason to be careful about what comes out of his mouth.

And just so fanboys don't jump to conclusions. I love his work, and I have 2 on preorder.

:lol Maybe we can just post this pic on every page until we get an answer:

p1dokladnamaska1.jpg

Yeah I agree. Firstly, can we have some confirmation on whether the bio visor has been fixed? I want to PO this but I'm reluctant at the moment as it may not have been fixed. Do you want our money:dunno

The unmasked Preds look great. I just hope they turn out good...

On the NECA vs Hot Toys issues, I'm tired too of NECAs constant bashing of Hot Toys. It's in this thread now aswell as on their Twitter. Until NECA take on Hot Toys in the high end 1/6 market they may aswell keep tighted lipped from now on.

To sum up, NECA should grow some balls and take HT on :D

or...

Continue what they do and shut up! :D

Yeah I agree. Firstly, can we have some confirmation on whether the bio visor has been fixed? I want to PO this but I'm reluctant at the moment as it may not have been fixed. Do you want our money:dunno

The unmasked Preds look great. I just hope they turn out good...

On the NECA vs Hot Toys issues, I'm tired too of NECAs constant bashing of Hot Toys. It's in this thread now aswell as on their Twitter. Until NECA take on Hot Toys in the high end 1/6 market they may aswell keep tighted lipped from now on.

To sum up, NECA should grow some balls and take HT on :D

or...

Continue what they do and shut up! :D

well said :clap

yeah but still you should've quoted that then instead of the other one :wink1:

Honestly I don't mind the visor thing... If they don't fix it, I probably won't ever notice it again anyway, if they do fix it, well there's just another thing that they got right.

Or better yet...

NECA
https://www.manofactionfigures.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/sites/default/files/predators.png[/img]

HOT TOYS
https://mwctoys.com/images/review_berspred_11.jpg[/img]

:lol You're just disproving yourself here; hot toys's has wrong mandibles, a tiny head, really short dreads... But the body is nice. :peace

I'm afraid for the visor... I asked tankman via private message no answer and here he know that we wait for a answer about the visor but he don't answer us...

Quiet. Did not respond even to me on a question to the netting.

anh4x4.jpg

:exactly: This! This is what I POed, this is what I wanted. NECA vs HT aside, this to me is worth more than the $80ish price tag. This takes me back to a happy, simpler time in my life. A time when my biggest worry was a pop-quiz in science, not a mortgage and my teenage kid and daughters.

I buy this stuff because I love it, and it wasn't out there to buy when I was a kid (not that I'd have been able to afford it). The whole one company vs another, and the fanboys doing the bad mouthing and insulting other members is childish. I buy what I love, and what makes me happy because I'm a 35 year old kid at heart. I have zero loyalty to any company, and zero need to post comparison ____s.

Tankman, you guys are doing AWESOME on this guy, but representing NECA everyone is ecstatic because they can ask you direct question instead of emailing a busy company and waiting for an answer that won't come. Be a class act and keep to the thread title, please. I mean, if someone wants, let's start a NECA vs Hot Toys thread .... but unfortunately it'd last a day tops because people want to get ugly and throw out insults instead of evidence and class.

I get on these threads to discuss the collectibles that we all love. I save my trash talking for the NFL thread, and try to keep it friendly.

Me being the new guy here. I have a really dumb question....How would this Neca 1:4 Predator look displayed next to a HT Dutch Figure?

My guesstimation is that scale ways it would look pretty darn good.

Me being the new guy here. I have a really dumb question....How would this Neca 1:4 Predator look displayed next to a HT Dutch Figure?

My guesstimation is that scale ways it would look pretty darn good.

No theres a vast difference in scale. Sure Predator should be taller and a little bigger in his general proportions but not that much bigger and taller.

Back