NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

The mask is the same but our tooling guys made it separate in two areas that they didn't do on the smaller one. They left that one in one piece. I bet they separated it so it would be easier to paint the eyes but they didn't put the top half down into the lower half far enough. I hope it gets fixed.

if the bio is in two parts maybe we can fix it ourselves?

They are way better looking and stick out of the head the right way. You're right about this again. I'm hoping HT is remaking their P1 and taking notes on sculpting accurate 101.

after this message I hope one thing........ your masked P1 will fixed :cuckoo:

I blame you for one thing my dear Tankman you able to give us some informations during all this time to promote your figure ;) ... Now that your predator is coming and that the question about the mask is asked you disappeared or you ignored our questions ...

:dunno

stop asking questions about the mask because the only answer is :monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

I don't know if my english is perfect sorry ....... I hope to be understandable

if the bio is in two parts maybe we can fix it ourselves?

I hope...

1rerv8.jpg

Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

That little flaw in the mask can not affect the sale of the toy. Is a speech with little sense. The major failing of Neca P1 is the too dense netting. The HT sculpture is ''ridiculous''... but the product was sold.

I don't know, those latest behind-the-scenes pictures seemed great. The netting isn't a glaring issue, but to be honest, neither is the mask. I know our opinions differ from person to person, so this post is simply my take on the whole thing.

And quite frankly, before NECA even showed pictures of their P1 (7" prototype or 1/4 prototype), I didn't hear anyone complaining about the Hot Toys head sculpt. :dunno

1st prototype bio look good and this one too:

So far, the only time we've seen the 1/4 P1 with the visor issue is with the display at Toy Fair this year. Before that, he seemed fine as you said. Maybe the display was just a fluke and the production will be -- for the most part -- okay. Just guessing here. Either way, none of the issues discussed is keeping me from buying all three versions of this piece.

Can't wait to have the three of them displayed together.

I plan to have the masked in this pose in the centre:
Predator_36.jpg

With a open mouth roaring pose to his right:
Predator_94.jpg

And a natural walking pose to his left:
Predator_109.jpg

And quite frankly, before NECA even showed pictures of their P1 (7" prototype or 1/4 prototype), I didn't hear anyone complaining about the Hot Toys head sculpt. :dunno

I did not complain, but I did not buy it either. Had I known how it would skyrocket in value I would have bought a bunch. Hindsights 20/20

Can't wait to have the three of them displayed together.

I plan to have the masked in this pose in the centre:
Predator_36.jpg

I don't think that head pose is possible, least not on the small figure. The shouldercannon mount impedes the head from turning like that.

Certainly not like there is now. The main complaints were the red mouth, the mask sticking out too far and the smaller than expected size. Oh and the dreads looked a bit crap right out of the box. The dread problem is easily fixable, a half decent painter can fix the red mouth, and TD and Baloo are on the mask issue. Theres still the size problem (nothing we can do really) and the fact that the shoulder cannon and mount are non removeable. But I feel the criticism of it is way exaggerated now.

The HT P1 is very weak. It cannot be denied. But it doesnt matter if its weak or not because necas figure isnt at all related other than its based on the same movie character.

When Necas figure can remove its mask and have open and closed mouths without needing to buy 3 figures then come with a jungle base and a trophy skull and also have a light up try laser system i will say kudos.

And even though the Neca figure looks bad ass and much more movie accurate lets save the fellatio until it comes out as it might be a major train wreck.

Neither figure is perfect so all this pissing contest between brands is pointless.

It seems like you guys are making a HUGE freaken deal about the Bio now.. Before anyone pointed it out, it was perfect. :lol

It's still one of the most accurate Predators out there, and it's priced at only $80.

At least NECA didn't make the mask with sculpted on blast marks... :monkey1

When Necas figure can remove its mask and have open and closed mouths without needing to buy 3 figures then come with a jungle base and a trophy skull and also have a light up try laser system i will say kudos.

As this is the NECA 1/4 thread I'm glad NECA has sculpted three separate heads. This allows for greater accuracy on all of the three head sculpts.

As this is the NECA 1/4 thread I'm glad NECA has sculpted three separate heads. This allows for greater accuracy on all of the three head sculpts.

:goodpost: :lecture

This is also... $80! Comparatively this is just as good as the HT even though it has squat in the accessories department.

If I really cared about a base I'd make one myself... i said that about the HT tracker too. Lack of bases with figures doesn't bother me one bit.

Dont get me wrong, Ill still be getting the 1/4 scale NECA Predator. Its a grail of mine that Im glad can finally come to fruition. But it really irks me when people compare companies and especially when a so called professional gets on a forum and dogs another company. I have the HT Predator and Im very happy with him. And as of right now, he is still my favorite 1:6 collectible.
189566_10150107529669663_748989662_6017059_7837977_n.jpg

183250_10150107529754663_748989662_6017060_1722491_n.jpg

Like someone else has mentioned, until NECA can give us a removable mask, open and closed mandibles, a LED light up function, skull trophy, removable med kit, on a jungle base as a 1:6 collectible, they need to STFU.

Like someone else has mentioned, until NECA can give us a removable mask, open and closed mandibles, a LED light up function, skull trophy, removable med kit, on a jungle base as a 1:6 collectible, they need to STFU.

I actually don't want these. Accuracy comes first. With a removable mask and interchangeable mandibles you loose the accuracy.

The accessories and base is a nice idea but I'm 100% with the accurate head sculpts we are getting:lecture

Last edited:

To me the most important part of any figure is the pose ability. Have we seen what this guy can do in terms of pose ability yet?

I'd say we have. Either take a look at the raw sculpt shots on this thread or check out the 7" Classic Predator. It has the same articulation, so it's a pretty good way to establish what the 1/4 is capable of.

removable mask, open and closed mandibles, LED Light, Med Kit and Jungle Base Neca didnt give us any of these all in one... That where Hot Toys won the war... NECA has made cool statue... Doesnt look like it moves much... The Hot Toys Preds will always be the best for me... I have P1 Berserker Falconer and Tracker on PO...

Dont know why we cant put a side the Neca vs Hot Toys stuff...

Why cant we be friends??? :dunno

Back