NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

This definitely will be NECA's best figure so far in my humble opinion. It also looks like online stores are restocking the 18" Alien just in time for those of us that need one to display with the Predator.

What????????? after all this time we still only have one crappy 99KB photo of one of them?????? I'm absolutely amazed at just how arrogant NECA is these days but hey nothing really changed at all on that account so I shouldnt be all that shocked really. 1 lousy photo after all this time is not only poor marketing but stupid as people want more photos and their excuse about tweaking the proto is nonsense because they dont make these things over night and they must have already started mass producing them if they are coming out in March. they just want us all to prorder it and real in the cash before we all realise that it could have been much better. So they think they are going to make 15000 toys in two months or less thats just stupid and cant be true. I heard from a guy in china that they cheeped out on this and the per unit cost is about 6 bucks so they arent boosting the quality at all only their profit margin. I was really hoping that they would have at least made some adjustments to the stupid looking joints and all but it looking like they have no intentions of doing anything like that all and like I said that doesnt surprise me anymore I guess Ive just been stung by neca too many times to hope for the best anymore. I dont know how all of you can rave on so much about the I thing when all you have is 4-5 very low resolution shots to go on when what we need is some LARGE shots from all angles that give us a true idea of what to expect. I bet neca blows this one out the tubes as quick as they can to get maximum profit and screw the fans as usual. I thought things had changed at neca but they are still the same by the look of things. 3 figure that are exactly the same but with different heads is just stupid and plain wrong. Its not a money thing for me but it the principal that neca is only doing this to maximize their profits and screw the fans once more. You guys can fawn around and dance but wait till you get this in your hands you will all say how cool it is but you know that it could have been so much better if they charged us a little more or even 200 for a piece that REALLY stands out not just because its big but because it was really well made and not something that we have to fix up with putty and repaint because they made em cheap at the factory at 6 bucks per unit. Hell charge 12 bucks and give the fans what we really want. We shouldnt have to go through all the crap to fix it up after we get them. And imagine how hard it's going to be to get that netting off just so we can fill in the imperfections and paint it up. I bet all the seams of the netting have been heat sealed together so you will have to cut it off and then go through all the trouble to find the right netting and custom tailor it to get the right look on the thing. Im happy that we are getting this because its the best thing neca has done in a while but I just know that its going to be half of what we see here. I can already see a lack of accurate texturing on the chest and arms and I was hoping for a change from those butt ugly thick joints but thats not going to happen. I bet that there will be so many people sending these back because they have torn the netting while trying to move the joint around. this could be the best but trust neca to make a good thing sour in the name of profit. Fix it now and we WILL pay more but that not going to happen I bet.

That looks about ten thousand times better than expected (and I was expecting awesome).

What????????? after all this time we still only have one crappy 99KB photo of one of them?????? I'm absolutely amazed at just how arrogant NECA is these days but hey nothing really changed at all on that account so I shouldnt be all that shocked really. 1 lousy photo after all this time is not only poor marketing but stupid as people want more photos and their excuse about tweaking the proto is nonsense because they dont make these things over night and they must have already started mass producing them if they are coming out in March. they just want us all to prorder it and real in the cash before we all realise that it could have been much better. So they think they are going to make 15000 toys in two months or less thats just stupid and cant be true. I heard from a guy in china that they cheeped out on this and the per unit cost is about 6 bucks so they arent boosting the quality at all only their profit margin. I was really hoping that they would have at least made some adjustments to the stupid looking joints and all but it looking like they have no intentions of doing anything like that all and like I said that doesnt surprise me anymore I guess Ive just been stung by neca too many times to hope for the best anymore. I dont know how all of you can rave on so much about the I thing when all you have is 4-5 very low resolution shots to go on when what we need is some LARGE shots from all angles that give us a true idea of what to expect. I bet neca blows this one out the tubes as quick as they can to get maximum profit and screw the fans as usual. I thought things had changed at neca but they are still the same by the look of things. 3 figure that are exactly the same but with different heads is just stupid and plain wrong. Its not a money thing for me but it the principal that neca is only doing this to maximize their profits and screw the fans once more. You guys can fawn around and dance but wait till you get this in your hands you will all say how cool it is but you know that it could have been so much better if they charged us a little more or even 200 for a piece that REALLY stands out not just because its big but because it was really well made and not something that we have to fix up with putty and repaint because they made em cheap at the factory at 6 bucks per unit. Hell charge 12 bucks and give the fans what we really want. We shouldnt have to go through all the crap to fix it up after we get them. And imagine how hard it's going to be to get that netting off just so we can fill in the imperfections and paint it up. I bet all the seams of the netting have been heat sealed together so you will have to cut it off and then go through all the trouble to find the right netting and custom tailor it to get the right look on the thing. Im happy that we are getting this because its the best thing neca has done in a while but I just know that its going to be half of what we see here. I can already see a lack of accurate texturing on the chest and arms and I was hoping for a change from those butt ugly thick joints but thats not going to happen. I bet that there will be so many people sending these back because they have torn the netting while trying to move the joint around. this could be the best but trust neca to make a good thing sour in the name of profit. Fix it now and we WILL pay more but that not going to happen I bet.

Maybe you should just skip it and let others enjoy the best looking action figure of all time. We'll sell 15,000 of these guys really fast because Predator fans know it's a must have and you should feel very lucky it's even being made.

That looks about ten thousand times better than expected (and I was expecting awesome).

Wait until you have it in hand like I do right now. It's so bad ass and as the sculptor I couldn't be happier about it. Such a dream come true for me and I can't wait unit you get yours.

Wait until you have it in hand like I do right now. It's so bad ass and as the sculptor I couldn't be happier about it. Such a dream come true for me and I can't wait unit you get yours.

I asked a while back but I don't know if you saw it. Will you be packaging these with the collector in mind? I've bought a couple neca figures in the past, and always had to cut open the package. I really hope these are boxed in a way nothing is destroyed to get them out and display.

I think your sculpt looks great. If the factory paint lives up to it, we'll be in for a treat.

P.S. 15000 total or of each of the 3 types?

Last edited:

My browser says the image is 107.79 KB. :dunno

Maybe you should just skip it and let others enjoy the best looking action figure of all time. We'll sell 15,000 of these guys really fast because Predator fans know it's a must have and you should feel very lucky it's even being made.

You again? Best looking of all time is a huge claim that cant be justified at 80 buckaroonies. Maybe I would skip it if I could decide if I had some REAL pictures of the item to go and not those useless photos that have been put out so far. I have lots of history with neca stuff and have thrown my share of money down the pipe on products that just havent stood up to the hype they were or werent marketed with. It stupid for you to ask me to skip something because I just have to have faith and trust neca to do the right thing here and put a figure that truly is worthy of the praise you heap on it but it doesnt look that way the way things are going because the twitter guy from neca is BSing and saying that we are re making tweaks when you know that it already in production and that photo is only a paint master and trying to be sold as the final product OR BETTER! Yeah right try pulling the other one because its got bells on it. No way that factory is going to pump out 15000 of these and have them for sale in the US in a couple of months. And if you had it on your desk and you say you sculpted it get a point and shoot camera and give us a taste of the magic before your eyes. Don't give me some BS about it being all confidential or whatever because that just makes me think it even more BS by the bucket load. Show us the glory of your talent and give us a real taste of whats to come. tweaks or no tweaks we should have seen something a little more than a few tiny KB resolution photos or less. Call me a skeptic but I have so many cases of poor fitting joints that are stuck or fused and dont move and broken parts adn appalling paint from neca over the years that I find it very hard to believe anything said. and the new factory BS thing has been said so many times in the past that I know its horse puck when I see it on forums and especially when these things are getting made by a factory thats only a step up from the previous one at the 6 buck price point or so that its being made at. Get em made at the 20 dollar price point and make my eyes pop out with one of the best representations out there but the hype isnt justified when we havet seen some decent high resolution photos havent even been shown and its out in March. Sell the idea and get POs and then deliver something thats good but nowhere near as good as it should be so making bucks is more important than us predator fans. And why say something is going to be the best when the best would cost more but it doesnt matter because money is more important than delivering a final product that doesnt need a repaint to be up there with the high end stuff. A deluxe version with better paint and everything would be an option that would cater for people with small or big pockets but that wont happen at this point. Milking and stringing predator fans along isnt a big help at all when not everyone has the skills to make a bad situation better. Hype is just hype without proof in my experience and if something sounds too good to be true it always is.

NECA sucks.

I bought a Neca Alien figure at a comic store a year ago. It's covered in tight joints and the paint is good for a toy. But, it's not even in the same star system where the league that Hot Toys resides in is located. If this comes to me in that fashion, I'll be with you and never buy Neca again. But, if Tankman isn't selling this one up, and I think we can agree his sculpt is dynamite, there's going to be a lot of surprised folks here.

necapredatorpainted.jpg

You can put aside the other toys... This is predator! :hi5:
Thanks Neca... THANKS TANKMAN! :clap

This may possibly be the best figure I ever own. He looks outstanding! I just hope I can find all 3 versions of him once he gets released.

You again? Best looking of all time is a huge claim that cant be justified at 80 buckaroonies. Maybe I would skip it if I could decide if I had some REAL pictures of the item to go and not those useless photos that have been put out so far. I have lots of history with neca stuff and have thrown my share of money down the pipe on products that just havent stood up to the hype they were or werent marketed with. It stupid for you to ask me to skip something because I just have to have faith and trust neca to do the right thing here and put a figure that truly is worthy of the praise you heap on it but it doesnt look that way the way things are going because the twitter guy from neca is BSing and saying that we are re making tweaks when you know that it already in production and that photo is only a paint master and trying to be sold as the final product OR BETTER! Yeah right try pulling the other one because its got bells on it. No way that factory is going to pump out 15000 of these and have them for sale in the US in a couple of months. And if you had it on your desk and you say you sculpted it get a point and shoot camera and give us a taste of the magic before your eyes. Don't give me some BS about it being all confidential or whatever because that just makes me think it even more BS by the bucket load. Show us the glory of your talent and give us a real taste of whats to come. tweaks or no tweaks we should have seen something a little more than a few tiny KB resolution photos or less. Call me a skeptic but I have so many cases of poor fitting joints that are stuck or fused and dont move and broken parts adn appalling paint from neca over the years that I find it very hard to believe anything said. and the new factory BS thing has been said so many times in the past that I know its horse puck when I see it on forums and especially when these things are getting made by a factory thats only a step up from the previous one at the 6 buck price point or so that its being made at. Get em made at the 20 dollar price point and make my eyes pop out with one of the best representations out there but the hype isnt justified when we havet seen some decent high resolution photos havent even been shown and its out in March. Sell the idea and get POs and then deliver something thats good but nowhere near as good as it should be so making bucks is more important than us predator fans. And why say something is going to be the best when the best would cost more but it doesnt matter because money is more important than delivering a final product that doesnt need a repaint to be up there with the high end stuff. A deluxe version with better paint and everything would be an option that would cater for people with small or big pockets but that wont happen at this point. Milking and stringing predator fans along isnt a big help at all when not everyone has the skills to make a bad situation better. Hype is just hype without proof in my experience and if something sounds too good to be true it always is.

Could you please paragraph what you write? :lecture

Thank you in advance for the awesome sculpt and for taking time to talk to us. :hi5:

Awww...sounds like someone never had a Christmas. :lol

Huh? What? I call bull____. Every time I ask this Tankman guy to provide a shred of evidence with photos or anything he just disappears only to reappear later and answer a few people with a few very ambiguous lines about how everything is cool and you are going to love this one and its going to leave the rest for dead and it the best ever. Any fool with a computer could come here saying they work for this or that with that sort of behavior. And some just eat it all up and say yes Tankman you are out here and thanks so much for being here to answer question that anyone could answer because he doesnt say anything that you couldnt write yourself without any proof at all. Maybe thats the way you do business but thats not the way I do and to expect me to suck it all up and tie a neat little bow around it is so dumb that i have to think you are part of the moronic tankaman hoax Sabres82733 Blink18283 whatever it is at the moment. well thats not the way the big wheel turns and we all have tails to tell about the utter crap that neca and mcfarse put out and hold spiffy prototypes up at shows showing how good they are. Sometimes they are but a lot of the time they just put out crap at higher prices that ends up sitting around and selling for 1/4 or less while later. this is going to be one of those NECA specials that is basically just a blown up 7" with slightly better paint and little more filler detail because they can't hide it like they do with the 7s. I havent given up totally yet but it looks like history is going to repeat itself and neca is just going to blame it on the factory if the complaints come rolling in. they have control over the factory and the quality it puts out when they sign the contracts and decide how much they want to spend on a per figure basis. you pay less per unit and the quality goes down accordingly. So neca is going to say with this one "hey we can save a few cents per figure if we cut back on the netting or we can save if we dont get them to spend as much time on the paint and it goes on and on. In the end its not the factory but necas decision to make more profit than make something that would satisfy everyone. the suckers that dont know better can look at it and say how cool it is because its big and looks ok and the faithful who have stuck by them can say that they will just have it repainted and then heap praise on them for giving them such a good base to do it on. Neca gets richer and we get a 2nd or 3rd rate product that could have been one of the ultimate P1s but making money is what we are really all about. Then the second and third batches come out a little bit better than the last and the price drops. Money first fans second or third. Are they just another company cashing in on fools with too much money and not enough intelligence to see whats really going on. Im not surprised but I am disappointed that a good opportunity is wasted and you are lucky you are even getting it attitude. BS. You have to be joking.

Whether you agree with each other or not, do not be disrespectful towards others for having the opinion they do. So long as people are civil, they are allowed to share their opinions here.

Back