NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

and you cant even see the accuracy on necas because the sculpts are dull an ill defined and have none of the super sharp lifelike paint and details that high end products do.

BECAUSE
THESE
AREN'T
HIGH
END
PRODUCTS!

You must really have a sight problem if you can't see detail on even the tiny 8 inch predators - They're filled to the brim with detail, moreso than you would expect on a 8 inch $16 dollar TOY :wave

Seriously.
trolling.jpg

Going to place my pre-order in the next few days, most likely will go for the Helmeted version, no space for three of them.
Really hope to see more proto pics from Tankman before placing the order.

Last edited:

When i saw the thread and this beatiful Predator 18" , first reaction:

QLyVQHMT0LnVR1f.jpg

No one can do it better, KINGZ OF SCULPTING.
I just collecting 18" +, a dream come true for me !!!
NECA all i can say is

dD9JHMcjZBAZSta.jpg

Last edited:

Pre ordered a set from bbts hope they come thru this time.

You definitely won't have anything to worry about on a totally new item like this. Sometimes on older, previously released stuff they have them listed as 'preorders' and 'backorders' and these seem to be mistakes or something but certainly not so in this case.

I think the concern may be about their shipping times, wasn't BBTS very behind other dealers and stores getting stock on the PREDATORS 8 inch wave 1?

Kyle, you guys going to make the eyes accurate unlike the last Predators? They're eyes were white...:lol

Normally little things dont bug me....but Predators never had white eyes....:lol

Kyle, you guys going to make the eyes accurate unlike the last Predators? They're eyes were white...:lol

Normally little things dont bug me....but Predators never had white eyes....:lol

You bet we will and I have no idea how the heck they thought to paint them white. The 19incher will be way better I would think. Our painters are painting up the 19 inch figure now and I get to see it tomorrow. I can't freaking wait to see it and hold it in my hands. Should be way cool.

You bet we will and I have no idea how the heck they thought to paint them white. The 19incher will be way better I would think. Our painters are painting up the 19 inch figure now and I get to see it tomorrow. I can't freaking wait to see it and hold it in my hands. Should be way cool.

man that's got to be awesome! it's like when my brother worked for CN and got to see the transformer figs before they were released

That's good. :rock

I figured it was a mistake....I dont know why they painted them white either...and I figured it wasnt your fault since you're so dedicated to accuracy. And to miss a huge detail like that....:lol

That's good. :rock

I figured it was a mistake....I dont know why they painted them white either...and I figured it wasnt your fault since you're so dedicated to accuracy. And to miss a huge detail like that....:lol

I always thought the predators eyes were white in this scene

1987_predator_003.jpg

maybe its white/yellow?
i do know that hot toys coloured and sculpted the eyes completely wrong on the P1.
they painted them a bright yellow and sculpted them as small balls instead of human-like eyes.
but i actually think hot toys made the eyes look better because of this...looks less like a man in a suit :)

It's yellow and purple. And HT is accurate. His eyes are small and beady. Not human like.

The protos look great but the figure will suck and need a full repaint. We all know that neca can't deliver anything of any quality for $80. they can't do it for 10. Stuck joints and parts that don't line up probably is the best case scenario. And having to buy 3 of them to get all the different looks is a joke. Stop stealing kidies pocket money neca.

Necas is hit and miss with quality and its usually 90% miss. The prototypes always look 1000X better than what we get. I snapped so many legs and arms and parts fell off right out of the packet. They just paint over the joints and you have to use hot water and a razor to try move the joint but after all that they can still snap off at the peg because they dont cast the parts right. My 18" aliens legs snapped off at the leg pegs and i had a broken foot and the other didnt move at all and the left shoulder was loose. It would fall over and could not stand on its own for long. and the parts look all saggy and misshaped out of the packet on all their stuff. and paint slop and bad colors is standard on all their stuff. They just make bad poor quality stuff to smash up and play with. My starwars figures from the 80s are 1000% times better made in every way. I dont trust necas after years of bad times with them.

Getting 2 extra heads with 1 figure is choice. and i know I will have to cut the fruit bag netting off and find and alternate when I have to repaint it to look good.

Its not just isolated cases i spoke about. If this predator was really high quality and the paint has no slop and was as good as hot toys medicom enterbay and it came with the 2 extra heads you could charge the same price as them and people would be very happy despite the lack of articulation . People would pay much more for higher quality and it might help to redeem neca in the eyes of some. I hope you take time and really think about what you are doing as this predator is going to be looked at by so many fans out there. It could be super great and its not an opportunity to waste to save a few bucks or more in production. You guys really need to get on the ball with this one and do the best job you ever have with it.

Why havent we seen any photos of the product since its been officially announced already? Preorders are up and we havent even seen good shots of the product from neca and only have the assurances of someone saying hes the one that sculpted it. I call bull____. We should have a bunch of photos showing us what we should expect before we consider buying it and not just prototype photos a fan took at wonderfest or something. They have told us they were using new factories before and the products were only marginally better than the old one and Im not holding my breath this time because of that history. There is going to be a real ____storm if people start getting their orders and start seeing the same old problems and quality deficiencies that havent been dealt with properly and all neca will say is sorry its the best we could do and blame it all on the Chinese factory just like they always do. $80 is VERY expensive for an 18" neca and I have the feeling that its more about profit making than giving the fans the best that can be done to justify the higher price.

And if tankman is who he says he is he could post some photos that would make us believe he is who he says and not just post photos that get released everywhere and them comment on them after the fact. Give us some concrete answers instead of all this airy fairy stuff that anyone could say because its already been talked about on twitter and the like. Again Im sorry if he is who he claims he is but the www is full of people on twitter etc pretending to be celebs and whoever.

Well you should take your own advice and stop questioning me then. All the major products that get discussed here are open to scrutiny and comment and neca is not immune from that. And saying hot toy isnt accurate compared with neca is just stupid because they are different things and comparing them as anywhere near equal. and you cant even see the accuracy on necas because the sculpts are dull an ill defined and have none of the super sharp lifelike paint and details that high end products do. neca makes cheap throw away toys that you buy at the average corner toy store. they might not be throw away to some but some collect the stuff Mc Donalds gives away as well. I only have a few necas these days but they have the chance to blow us away with this one and I hope they take the opportunity to do it right rather than save a few dollars or more at the factory production level and mess it up some way.

Read what i said before calling me a stupid troll you asshats TrackerPredator, Macularius, ambryo, Sabres21768, Lord Freezer.

Not being funny but if you hate Neca products so much, don't post on the threads. Ofcourse you can see the accuracy on Neca's sculpts. Paint is easily altered, and for $15 I really don't see why you're getting so ____ing _____y about it.

ALL the 18" Neca figures I have are awesome. Their newest Predators may not have the best paint but they are far more accurate than any other toy company is producing.

I was a neca collector from the start but then i got older and moved on to 1/6. I always check out the forums and new products when they come out and this new predator is something ive wanted for a long time so it only natural for me to want things as good as neca can and if that mean paying more than 80 for each figure then i for one would be happy to do that. If this guy is from neca and is interested in opinion its only right we should try and get the best we can when experienced neca fans can tell you just how sloppy and low quality things are on production pieces even though they say that they change factories with higher quality etc but the quality is still less than star wars figures from the 80s. We have only seen 1 photos from neca and its been officially announced and preorders have been up for days? These guys have already made up their minds about this and it will probably end up being a B grade when it could be A grade neca. I call bull____.

BECAUSE
THESE
AREN'T
HIGH
END
PRODUCTS!

You must really have a sight problem if you can't see detail on even the tiny 8 inch predators - They're filled to the brim with detail, moreso than you would expect on a 8 inch $16 dollar TOY :wave

Seriously.

My vision is 20/20 and if you bothered to take in what I originally said you would have understood the meaning and not quoted a tiny bit of it so you can bang on about me being some stupid troll. You must be a ____ [email protected] or some stupid kid thats been caught up in the hype before you have even seen what you are being promised. And you want to believe some fairytale from a guy claiming to be the sculptor but he hasnt even shown us some detailed photos which im sure he must of taken of his sculpt. Why even bother announcing the predator and taking preorders if you havent even given the fans something more than a cheesy shopped photo.

@ Fortnox -

Ive seen more than one photo of it...in fact, ive seen about 10 different photos of it.
and all other companies open preorders before we even see the retail version...it happens all the time.
and im fine with the price being low...its one of the reasons why im interested in this piece.

Seriously...... still bashing???

Tankman, thank you for your work and I've already preordered all 3!!!

Back