NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

To me the netting isn't as important as other aspects such as proportional accuracy or face shape etc.

And to say that the netting will make or break the figure, which would in turn make or break neca... is a bit extreme!

i'm not talking about just the netting,
neca has really got everyone's hopes up for this predator
so much, that shortcuts in the final production, can hurt them and, peoples trust in them,
, if they screw it up, after all the hipe, people will be highly ped

Last edited:

Well the hope in that is they won't put out anything that doesn't live up to the hype they've created because it will hurt them. Most NECA products aren't really hyped, you hear about them and wait for them to hit stores and buy them. If the end result isn't so hot it was fans' self-made hype, this time, it's NECA's own hype so they'll have to deliver.

Well the hope in that is they won't put out anything that doesn't live up to the hype they've created because it will hurt them. Most NECA products aren't really hyped, you hear about them and wait for them to hit stores and buy them. If the end result isn't so hot it was fans' self-made hype, this time, it's NECA's own hype so they'll have to deliver.

:goodpost::exactly:

i'm not talking about just the netting,
neca has really got everyone's hopes up for this predator
so much, that shorts in the final production, can hurt them and, peoples trust in them,
, if they screw it up, after all the hipe, people will be highly ped

I honestly don't think people will be pissed off if the netting is hexagonal instead of diamond shaped...

I honestly don't think people will be pissed off if the netting is hexagonal instead of diamond shaped...

i for one won't like it at all. that's my opinion,
i can live with it, but theres no reason they can't do it right, it will help neca in the long run, people will say, neca got it right., they stepping up finally. i'm not trying to start a recket here, just saying how i feel.
i want to see neca grow and be a high end company for collector's like us here on this board, and still sale cheaper stuff, for younger , low end collectors too.

Agreed.
And I dont think getting the netting wrong will make or break the figure/NECA.
However I do believe that if NECA gets everything right with this figure, then it will REALLY improve their reputation or whatever you want to call it.

I guess I'll live, but I really don't understand why they don't get the right netting. It's not like having to redo the sculpt. It's got to be some of the cheapest stuff on the figure. What will it add, like 2 cents a unit to get the diamond shaped stuff? Boggles my mind. But, like I said, I'll live.

I pre-ordered the masked version. But you guys are making me nervous, is NECA quality that bad? The 2 Wolf Preds I have (6") look good to me for an action figure. I'm hoping the 1/4 scale Pred comes out great

I pre-ordered the masked version. But you guys are making me nervous, is NECA quality that bad? The 2 Wolf Preds I have (6") look good to me for an action figure. I'm hoping the 1/4 scale Pred comes out great

If you like your Wolf Predators, you'll love this figure. It will be a lot better than those ones.

Yeah, if that's your benchmark, I suspect you'll be pleased.

The closed mouth sculpt is fantastic but on the smaller figure it doesn't get the justice it deserves. I really hope this Predator turns out right. Please:pray:

The closed mouth sculpt is fantastic but on the smaller figure it doesn't get the justice it deserves. I really hope this Predator turns out right. Please:pray:

The closed mouth does look great at 19 inches. It's so much more of a cool thing for me to see my sculptures get sized up and the open mouth production it's the best but at least it gets the 19 in treatment next. Should be really great.

The closed mouth does look great at 19 inches. It's so much more of a cool thing for me to see my sculptures get sized up and the open mouth production it's the best but at least it gets the 19 in treatment next.

Just played around with my open mouth by re-posing him and darkening the area around the mandibles and I'm alot happier with him now. Pumped for the 19" now!

Will be really great.

Fixed^

If you want an Elder in 1/4, you know what you gotta do with this P1. BUY, BUY, BUY! NECA will hopefully take the hint.
... or they'll just make "stealth" versions of all 3 P1 variants. then "battle damaged" versions of all 3 P1 variants. and so on. i don't think there's ANY chance of a 1/4 scale Elder. no matter what we buy.

maybe it would be different if the Elder was like a stand-alone figure that wasn't part of a series and sold amazingly well because everyone loved that character. but it ain't. we're extremely lucky to be getting it in any scale from this company. i'd rather have it in 1/6 scale, but NECA thinks they're smarter than the fastest-growing collectible market. oh well.

Back