NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy was pleased with the reaction to the upcoming 7" "Jungle demon", and has had lots of requests for a 1:4 version. He said he is now considering it.

If it looks anywhere near the 7" version, it'd be an instant purchase for me. Here's hoping.

I still really love these figures and the 1/4 Classic Predator is one of the pride of my collection. I'm hoping to get the LED version one day, but I'm happy with the original for now.
For any who may be interested, since I don't have room to display all 3 versions, I've put up the classic open and closed mouth versions in the FS section.

Awfully quiet around here regarding the 1/4 Jungle Demon, released on NECA's eBay store a while ago. Thoughts or impressions, anyone?

Awfully quiet around here regarding the 1/4 Jungle Demon, released on NECA's eBay store a while ago. Thoughts or impressions, anyone?

I cancelled my pre-order and will wait for in-hand reviews.

The lack of netting left me a little concerned (ironically - once seen - cannot be unseen).

Yeah ever since I bought Donatello and then the latest Penguin from Batman Returns - these are short characters and yet compared to NECA's rendition of a character that's supposed to be over 7 foot tall.....wwway too close.

And when they're drip-feeding the improvements but always holding something back, yeah, I'm gonna wait. And if it never happens then I guess I'll just stick to what I have. (the original 3 Jungle Hunters they released)

I stand by this.

Might open this up here in a sec. Anyone want pics of it out of box?

Attachments

• Demon1.jpg
    Demon1.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 91
I like it. I think it would have been cooler if they had netting that matched. But its fine without it. The lights in the eyes are really bright. All the different LED modes work except the continuous phasing. When I press the button its fades on, then off, and thats it. Doesnt keep playing like in the video they posted. I dont know if mine is messed up or not. Guess Ill figure it out later. Kind of wish they blocked the LED from lighting up the whole arm but oh well.

If you want any different angles let me know. Im bored tonight. :cool:

Edit: I just noticed there is sculpted netting on the lighted forearm. Ha!

Attachments

• Demon9.jpg
    Demon9.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Demon10.jpg
    Demon10.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Demon8.jpg
    Demon8.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 140
  • Demon5.jpg
    Demon5.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Demon6.jpg
    Demon6.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Demon4.jpg
    Demon4.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 141
  • Demon7.jpg
    Demon7.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for the pics.

The left forearm netting was sculpted on the regular 20-inch P1's - guess that's why we don't have it elsewhere on THIS: they would have had to create new molds because all the other netting was added loose after casting.

Nice looking piece - but I'm glad I passed.

But then I'm probably a bit jaded being one of the unlucky recipients of the Sideshow 1:2 Wolf LSB :lol

Those eyes they...they look really cool....

the arm notsomuch
I love the eyes. Arm does suck. Ill probably take those batteries out since Ill never use it.
Thanks for the pics.

But then I'm probably a bit jaded being one of the unlucky recipients of the Sideshow 1:2 Wolf LSB :lol
Yeah I seen that. I was so tempted to buy it but Im glad I didnt. I would have been very angry opening that up.

Thanks for the pics brother. Might pick this up after all, despite the lack of netting and inflamed (when lit) forearm. If you're really bored, it could be worth snapping a few pics of it in front of something plant-y...

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

^^^Tnx for the pics keep'em coming. I'm really impressed with the visor brightness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF? They suppose to make new preds in 1/4 like Wolf, Berserker or another Lost tribe at least. But noo. I almost forgot that Neca need to be Neca. Firstible they need to sell the same character, the same sculpt eighth time. Wolf, Berserker, Falconer, Tracker, AVP trio. Soo awesome preds and they're doing the same sixth jungle hunter but this time they poured a green paint on him... It's cheaper. Too bad, I was hoping for new awesome preds in 1/4...

Back