NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC 2015 - NECA Aliens and Predators - The Toyark - News

Helmet looks a little nicer (though the head could be prototype paint), LEDs are included, and the detonator can now open. Sadly, the most important update they could've added -- ball-jointed hips -- was not done.

SDCC2015-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-027.jpg

SDCC2015-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-028.jpg

Bummer. I guess it's still the version to buy as it has those added features above plus a trophy skull, but I was hoping for more.

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

And $200 cheaper than the old one ...It's a buy for me since I missed out on the first one. Plus looks like the shoulder canon has an LED as-well. Wish they do a unmasked or with a separate head as an accessory.

Seems like the biomask's seam is addressed/gone, which is good. However, I can't really tell if the gap between the eyes has been decreased or not. Any info?

Looks like it's smaller.

catley also reminded me how bummed I am that the netting hasn't changed. :lol Not a huge issue, as I was thinking of buying this and commissioning someone to repaint/re-net it, but the lack of updated hip joints is a real downer. Guess he'll only look good in one pose.

I'm also glad that they stuck with the old body. Looks much better than the ball jointed legs on City Hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a bit of a disappointment for sure and I'm not feeling the urge to upgrade my existing 1/4 NECA Predator.

Seems like the biomask's seam is addressed/gone, which is good. However, I can't really tell if the gap between the eyes has been decreased or not. Any info?

Good point. Hopefully this Pred will go out without any anomalies. True they could add more but overall it's amazing figure especially if they keep decent pricing. Will see if they revise more hunters.

This figure was just their excuse to tap back into that P1 fan base with minimal effort required on their part. More money for them and more happy Predator collectors.

Aye NECA just produce, sell, repaint, sell. Can't fault their strategy as they are a business but it does annoy me sometimes.

I don't have a 1/4 Pred so I might be getting that one and the 1/4 dutch

Speaking of, is there a 1/4 Dutch thread? I'm having trouble finding it

Well I'm a bit disappointed that this seems to be almost a straight re-release, but on the other hand since I missed out on the original masked P1 this gives me a chance to pick him up at a reasonable price.

Back