NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Looks wonderful, but I really hope they fix that netting. Such a tiny, simple thing to fix, but it takes a lot away from the hyper-accuracy they are aiming for.

Of course, if they don't fix the netting, we all know that there will be pages and pages of threads devoted to "how to fix your NECA Predator's netting" with suggestions as to where to buy diamond-netting and how to get it on your figure.

Here are the pics, so you don't have to click the links...

necapredator2.jpg

necapredator3.jpg

i think they will correct the netting and get anyother kinks worked out, before production begins. i'm praying.

Well ups just made my waiting on this giant predator a little easier,
they just delivered my 22 inch foggy domed alien, that i'm going to pose him against.
.i bought this same alien when it first came out , but sold it because, i didn't have anything this scale to pose him with, and also my old one had the clear dome, which i didn't like after i found out , neca made the dome foggy later in production,
but now i will have something in scale to pose him with,plus i have one with the foggy dome as a big bonus to me.

Last edited:

I was excited for these giants... but...i can't see those thigs joints...so awful!
what matter a good paint job if you have those joint!?!
i hope to not offend anyone

I was excited for these giants... but...i can't see those thigs joints...so awful!
what matter a good paint job if you have those joint!?!
i hope to not offend anyone

It's like an optical illusion; since there will be color and netting over them, your eyes will be drawn away from the now-obvious thigh joints. Similar to how you don't really notice the joints on the 7" figures.

Damn, Kyle sure can sculpt! The muscle structure is just... gorgeous. I mean, I know our beloved P1 was a bit chubby, but this is great.

And as far as those complaining about thigh joints... it's a NECA figure. The 1/4 Alien has the same joints. Hey, who cares? HE'S BEAUTIFUL, MAN! BEAUTIFUL! Now I wonder how Kyle's meeting went. He said he'd see the painted proto last week.

Damn, Kyle sure can sculpt! The muscle structure is just... gorgeous. I mean, I know our beloved P1 was a bit chubby, but this is great.

And as far as those complaining about thigh joints... it's a NECA figure. The 1/4 Alien has the same joints. Hey, who cares? HE'S BEAUTIFUL, MAN! BEAUTIFUL! Now I wonder how Kyle's meeting went. He said he'd see the painted proto last week.

The Best figure ever made :exactly:
Joints ? Not half as bad as Hot Toys figures. :)

There's no reason that the thigh joints should be a problem. You can always pose him without turning the thigh joints.

Is it even possible to make joints that are totally concealed? Neca builds cuts into their figures; Hot Toys also have cuts, plus big round balls at the hips and shoulders. How many figures from any company have joints that look totally natural?

Back