NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my set today. 2 out of 3 have loose left shoulder armor. Really loose. 2 out of 3 also have loose joints in the shoulders themselves, but was able to thighten them up by squeezing them in a bit. Paint work on all three is better then I hoped for and the sculpt is amazing. For the price I paid I am happy. I just hope the keep well over time :)
Fingers crossed

anyone have a comparison shot next to the sideshow maquette? i wanna see the size differences.

this pappo and that Maquette isn't even standing up straight :lecture

NecaPredMask003.jpg

anyone have a comparison shot next to the sideshow maquette? i wanna see the size differences.

^^^

do Neca figures tend to break down even when their barely handled with? Do you guys think this can last or will it fall apart like a cheap toy?

Well the smaller figures can break at any time. Not sure about the 1/4 scale ones though as the Predator will only be my 4th after the endo, Robocop and the Alien. So far we know the netting will break down just through normal handling...we're not so sure about the joints yet though. Discolouration is the other concern but thats really true of just about any figure.

Got my set today. 2 out of 3 have loose left shoulder armor. Really loose. 2 out of 3 also have loose joints in the shoulders themselves, but was able to thighten them up by squeezing them in a bit. Paint work on all three is better then I hoped for and the sculpt is amazing. For the price I paid I am happy. I just hope the keep well over time :)
Fingers crossed

My preds joints in the shoulders were really really lose too,
Im glad to know I didnt get a defected pred,yeah I pushed the arms harder and it was better but the arms are really really lose,

the paint on the shoulder cannon is a little chipped too, but everything is okay

i think the netting will fall apart. my dad didnt even open his and some of the netting was broke.

My picture from earlier in the thread.

p1050033.jpg

LOL Im glad you posted this, Your picture and greygoose pictures were who made me buy all 3, I Wasnt going to buy the close mouth but this pic look really cool lol

^^^

do Neca figures tend to break down even when their barely handled with? Do you guys think this can last or will it fall apart like a cheap toy?
it's always a crap-shoot with NECA man. mine has good joints and perfect netting. others on here have figures with loose/stuck joints and ripped netting right out of the box. the netting and joints seem pretty sturdy to me, but NECA isn't known for consistent production quality. also, i don't handle my collectibles much. i pretty much put them in a pose i like and leave them in the case until i get tired of it and re-pose them. your mileage may vary.

Awesome pictures Greygoose, nothing better than a Predator in his natural surroundings.

DarthIndy, where did you get that display cabinet?

They are from a discontinued series at a local furniture store. If you check out my collection thread you'll see one on either side of my TV.

Awesome pictures Greygoose, nothing better than a Predator in his natural surroundings.

They are from a discontinued series at a local furniture store. If you check out my collection thread you'll see one on either side of my TV.

:hi5:

I think the pose on your open mouth is great. I don't know whether it's just me but I can't get my legs that wide without him falling over or being too top heavy.:slap

Its a metallic nickel. I use it as my base and paint over it with the Gameswork show metallics then a black wash.

I have a 12 people ask me about the bio so here are the prices if anyone is interested:

$55 shipped without led on ebay
$70 shipped with Led, batteries, switch, battery housing on ebay

Outside ebay:
50 and 65

When can we expect to see pics of the finalized product?
I hope that means international shipping aswell...

Now that I've had some time to enjoy my figure, it's grown on me even more.

Tankman, you nailed this sculpt. NECA should be thanking you profusely for the job you did. If they go to a more durable netting, and fix some of the other mentioned materials issues, this will be a really exciting line.

Last edited:
it's always a crap-shoot with NECA man. mine has good joints and perfect netting. others on here have figures with loose/stuck joints and ripped netting right out of the box. the netting and joints seem pretty sturdy to me, but NECA isn't known for consistent production quality. also, i don't handle my collectibles much. i pretty much put them in a pose i like and leave them in the case until i get tired of it and re-pose them. your mileage may vary.
This is pretty much how I feel also.

@Azurepred (I think)

I say get one, if the netting isn't good, return it until you get a good one. Don't re-pose it every 5 seconds like most people on here do. Find a nice pose and leave it. I don't think these problems are big enough to say "screw it, it's not worth it". It really is an amazing figure, and for the price it's hard to complain.

Mine has one small netting tear, but I haven't messed with him in days.. And when I do, I'm very gentle. The netting seems fine to me, very sturdy. I'm starting to think this rip was already there when I got him. I'm very happy with the joints, the loosest seems to be the shoulders. Mine's left shoulder is kinda loose, but still okay.
I really love how tight the ankle joints are.. There's no way this guy can fall over unless you're repeatedly poking him as hard as possible...

But yeah, great figure, get one.. It's one of those things you just shouldn't miss.

Wish my Alien had near the same quality of the Pred.. I hope he rests in peace in the garbage truck that picked him up today... :monkey2

I think the netting tears are due to a defect in the netting. Look closely at your figure. More than likely you'll see one or two tiny spots in the netting where the "thread" looks like it gets really thin, like it was crimped. I think those are the places that end up breaking because they're weak points. I suspect that's a defect in how the netting was made, and when you stretch it as it was in the factory or apply pressure to those areas, they snap.

That's my theory anyway.

:hi5:

I think the pose on your open mouth is great. I don't know whether it's just me but I can't get my legs that wide without him falling over or being too top heavy.:slap

Yeah, just moving the hip joints makes him bend right over. Twisting the thigh joints straightens him up, I just found a balance between the two that I liked (and luckily didn't break the netting). The arms stretching slightly back helps with the balance.

Back