NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I managed to get through to Parcel Farce today. My ransom charge was another £17.51! £9.51 in VAT and £8.00 handling charge for Parcel Farce, which escapes me as they've been paid to deliver it anyway? Anyhoo their centre is right next to where I work so I managed to pay up and and get him today.:yess:

I just want to say a big thank you to Tankman for one of the most amazing sculpts I've seen. Seriously this guy is jaw dropping in the flesh. Just as impressive is the quality of the piece, the paint work is superb, no slop at all and no defects whatsoever. It is in a word perfect. Whichever manufacturing company NECA is now using they want hang on to them. I got the closed mouth version and I'm seriously tempted to get the other two. I'm not the biggest Predator fan but this figure is one amazing piece of art. :)

Here's hoping NECA either re-do their Giger Alien or do an Aliens, or Alien 3 version in this scale :pray:

Nuh-uh, is it working :slap I never said it wasn't. And the good guy strategy of "making it affordable for everyone" can bury a fairly new company like them trying to compete on this market. And walk into a TRU and you'll see plenty of higher priced mass market toys selling well, let alone a well sought after piece like this.

And read the posts of the ones on here who do have it. Where did %80-90 get it?? On-line. It's even questionable if the largest major retailer who does carry NECA (TRU) will even stock it in store, because it sold on-line so fast they have to make sure they have enough on order to compliment those purchases first.

NECA making a well sculpted sought after figure like this, at that scale, is more appealing to the "high-end" collectors than it is the casual fan who might not even know this piece was made yet. So, they sell on-line better than at store, which that market is pretty much dominated by Hot Toys. And who do you honestly think NECA is trying to compete with in this market with a figure like that??

So, if NECA hadn't anticipated a strategy that I'd previously mentioned with this figure, and only thought about "keep it cheap for everyone", then if they do make the 1/4 P2 then it's one they should consider. Because seriously, if you're trying to compete with Hot Toys for their customers, as a lot of fan boys suggest (and also judging tankman's posts, it's a solid bet), then they'd better start thinking "high-end" and figuring out how to get more $$$$$ out of a figure that's significantly less to produce than HT's 1:6 pieces. A good strategy, all 3 heads in the same package and charge $20-40 more per piece.

Otherwise, the future of NECA doing anything 1/4 scale like this again would be in jeopardy, and they're stuck making a lot of 7" peg-warmer lines. Which would suck, because I like what they've done with the 1/4 P1, and really hope we see the 1/4 P2.

I would buy a 1/4 scale P2 in a heartbeat, but unlike the P1 I would not buy three of them. I hope they go the route of charging more and including all three heads

I would buy a 1/4 scale P2 in a heartbeat, but I would unlike the P1 I would not buy three of them. I am hope they go the route of charging more and including all three heads

And that's my point, in a nutshell. I'd spend the extra bit of cash for the 3 head sculpts, not "high end" type money for 3 big pieces just to get a different head. And they'd sell out just as fast, and it's more profitable for NECA that way.

Closed mouth is my favorite of the three. :winner

Nice one!:woo

Well I managed to get through to Parcel Farce today. My ransom charge was another £17.51! £9.51 in VAT and £8.00 handling charge for Parcel Farce, which escapes me as they've been paid to deliver it anyway? Anyhoo their centre is right next to where I work so I managed to pay up and and get him today.:yess:

I still don't get why they wouldn't release him from customs?

I just want to say a big thank you to Tankman for one of the most amazing sculpts I've seen. Seriously this guy is jaw dropping in the flesh. Just as impressive is the quality of the piece, the paint work is superb, no slop at all and no defects whatsoever. It is in a word perfect. Whichever manufacturing company NECA is now using they want hang on to them. I got the closed mouth version and I'm seriously tempted to get the other two. I'm not the biggest Predator fan but this figure is one amazing piece of art. :)

Here's hoping NECA either re-do their Giger Alien or do an Aliens, or Alien 3 version in this scale :pray:

Congrats bud. You got there eventually.:hi5:

"I still don't get why they wouldn't release him from customs?"

If you're unlucky, like me when your package arrives in the UK customs officials examine it and decide you owe VAT. I got the Pred from CSC who had marked it as a gift, however if the value of the item including the postage comes to the equivalent of £40.00 or more you get charged VAT. Customs then slap a sticker on it and your package gets sent to your local distribution centre. They then write to you to let you know how much you have to pay, you cough up and then they will release your item and send it to you. If you refuse to pay or do not respond after 20 days they'll send the parcel back to the sender.

It's really down to blind luck if it happens to you or not. To be fair I've had tons of stuff from all over the world over the past five years and this is the first time I've been stitched.

P.S. Thanks for the congrats bud, it's fast becoming my favourite figure.

Last edited:
well, I finally Gave in, Ordered Close mouth Pred from CSC, it will arrive soon, lol, after sleepless nights of debating, I gave in,

Is funny, close mouth will arrive before his brothers from TRU, I emailed TRU again, they just said, June 3rd they arrive, Fingers crossed :pray:

I saw on Ebay the 3 preds for 250 buy now plus the ship, seems like is a good way to get them now, if anyone missed the chance

"I still don't get why they wouldn't release him from customs?"

If you're unlucky, like me when your package arrives in the UK customs officials examine it and decide you owe VAT. I got the Pred from CSC who had marked it as a gift, however if the value of the item including the postage comes to the equivalent of £40.00 or more you get charged VAT. Customs then slap a sticker on it and your package gets sent to your local distribution centre. They then write to you to let you know how much you have to pay, you cough up and then they will release your item and send it to you. If you refuse to pay or do not respond after 20 days they'll send the parcel back to the sender.

It's really down to blind luck if it happens to you or not. To be fair I've had tons of stuff from all over the world over the past five years and this is the first time I've been stitched.

P.S. Thanks for the congrats bud, it's fast becoming my favourite figure.

Do they actually open up the package?

At least you have him now. He looks great on display in the detolf.:yess:

Thanks a lot and I'm glad you like it. 12 years ago when we started doing these figures 18inches ate McFarlane me thought was the Predator will rule in this scale. I never thought it would end up being the figure that it is. To me this feels like a 200 dollar figure. I'm very happy to see funs are loving it.

Thanks a lot and I'm glad you like it. 12 years ago when we started doing these figures 18inches ate McFarlane me thought was the Predator will rule in this scale. I never thought it would end up being the figure that it is. To me this feels like a 200 dollar figure. I'm very happy to see funs are loving it.

Thanks tankman. I feel like I own my very own pet Predator.:bow

IMG_4519.jpg

Instead of a petition in this thread, why not create a new thread with a poll very similiar to the "Would you buy a 1/4 Predator figure" just change it to Predator 2? That seemed to have done the trick last time.

Start one up and I for one want the P2 made 19 inches as much as anybody.

Thanks tankman. I feel like I own my very own pet Predator.:bow

IMG_4519.jpg

Heck yeah and man oh man you took some great freaking pics of this guy. Where is that cool Fox dot dude when I need some more laughing here. Kind of hard to deny your kick butt pics.

Heck yeah and man oh man you took some great freaking pics of this guy.

Thanks tankman. The closed mouth is easily my favourite. I was disappointed with how the 8" closed mouth figure turned out but oh my, when your sculpt is blown up to 1/4 scale he comes alive. The twitchy right upper mandible is a nice little touch. He poses for photos very well indeed and sits proud in the detolf. He needs P2 though as a friend.:impatient:;)

Heck yeah and man oh man you took some great freaking pics of this guy. Where is that cool Fox dot dude when I need some more laughing here. Kind of hard to deny your kick butt pics.

\

Hey TANKMAN,
Any pics or instructions on how the hoses and wires on the masked version are supposed to attach to the shoulder armour? what goes where? pls?

\

Hey TANKMAN,
Any pics or instructions on how the hoses and wires on the masked version are supposed to attach to the shoulder armour? what goes where? pls?

There are 4 holes in the inter front of the back pack and they plug in there. It's kind of tough to get them in there but it does work.

Thanks tankman. The closed mouth is easily my favourite. I was disappointed with how the 8" closed mouth figure turned out but oh my, when your sculpt is blown up to 1/4 scale he comes alive. The twitchy right upper mandible is a nice little touch. He poses for photos very well indeed and sits proud in the detolf. He needs P2 though as a friend.:impatient:;)

To be honest I never like the 7 inch stuff. To see your sculpt go from 13 inches down 8 inch just feels kind of crappy. P2 is one if my best works and hopefully Randy and the boss can make it happen. Elder should be easy because his body is P1. Making these guys cost a lot and will P2 sell well? I would think so and his sculpt needs to be shown off in 19 inch glory.

Back