NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would definitely pre-order ¼ P2 Predators from NECA as we speak, if they would be available for pre-order! I'm dying to know! Please quote this and post your name under. Thanks in advance! :family

Jake207

Our army is growing!! :panic: NECA 1/4 P2 wish list (update 2):

sprig0701
helloall
Centurion
a-dev
greygoose
Jumpman
Gates70
riky

Our army is growing!! :panic: NECA 1/4 P2 wish list (update 2):

sprig0701
helloall
Centurion
a-dev
greygoose
Jumpman
Gates70
riky

It'd be nice, but only time will tell.

I'd like to have seen them put all 3 heads in the P1 1/4 scale, and just charge $20-40 more. They could have done the same production run, everyone would have bitten and they could have charged more for each fig. So instead of, for instance, doing 1,000 of each fig .... that's 3,000 x say on average, $80 USD retail..... that comes out to $240,000 retail. Where as, they could have gotten away with charging upwards of $120 retail for still 3,000 pieces, and everyone would still be going to extents to retain 1-2 pieces, for what could be around $360,000. Sure, production costs would have been a little higher, but the praise they're getting about this piece already would have been ten-fold of what it is now. I just don't get how doing 3 different figs, with the exact same body, for the 3 heads was a better marketing strategy.

Just my two cents :)

It'd be nice, but only time will tell.

I'd like to have seen them put all 3 heads in the P1 1/4 scale, and just charge $20-40 more. They could have done the same production run, everyone would have bitten and they could have charged more for each fig. So instead of, for instance, doing 1,000 of each fig .... that's 3,000 x say on average, $80 USD retail..... that comes out to $240,000 retail. Where as, they could have gotten away with charging upwards of $120 retail for still 3,000 pieces, and everyone would still be going to extents to retain 1-2 pieces, for what could be around $360,000. Sure, production costs would have been a little higher, but the praise they're getting about this piece already would have been ten-fold of what it is now. I just don't get how doing 3 different figs, with the exact same body, for the 3 heads was a better marketing strategy.

Just my two cents :)

They didn't want to charge $40 more; they wanted to keep this thing as cheap as possible so everyone could get it, not just the high-end collectors.

And, obviously it's working for them, so you're wrong somewhere :lol

SP_A5458.jpg

Wow. Digging through all the pics in this thread, that one stood out. Awesome angle! Looks like it could be a 1:1 suit at first glance.

They didn't want to charge $40 more; they wanted to keep this thing as cheap as possible so everyone could get it, not just the high-end collectors.

And, obviously it's working for them, so you're wrong somewhere :lol

Nuh-uh, is it working :slap I never said it wasn't. And the good guy strategy of "making it affordable for everyone" can bury a fairly new company like them trying to compete on this market. And walk into a TRU and you'll see plenty of higher priced mass market toys selling well, let alone a well sought after piece like this.

And read the posts of the ones on here who do have it. Where did %80-90 get it?? On-line. It's even questionable if the largest major retailer who does carry NECA (TRU) will even stock it in store, because it sold on-line so fast they have to make sure they have enough on order to compliment those purchases first.

NECA making a well sculpted sought after figure like this, at that scale, is more appealing to the "high-end" collectors than it is the casual fan who might not even know this piece was made yet. So, they sell on-line better than at store, which that market is pretty much dominated by Hot Toys. And who do you honestly think NECA is trying to compete with in this market with a figure like that??

So, if NECA hadn't anticipated a strategy that I'd previously mentioned with this figure, and only thought about "keep it cheap for everyone", then if they do make the 1/4 P2 then it's one they should consider. Because seriously, if you're trying to compete with Hot Toys for their customers, as a lot of fan boys suggest (and also judging tankman's posts, it's a solid bet), then they'd better start thinking "high-end" and figuring out how to get more $$$$$ out of a figure that's significantly less to produce than HT's 1:6 pieces. A good strategy, all 3 heads in the same package and charge $20-40 more per piece.

Otherwise, the future of NECA doing anything 1/4 scale like this again would be in jeopardy, and they're stuck making a lot of 7" peg-warmer lines. Which would suck, because I like what they've done with the 1/4 P1, and really hope we see the 1/4 P2.

Instead of a petition in this thread, why not create a new thread with a poll very similiar to the "Would you buy a 1/4 Predator figure" just change it to Predator 2? That seemed to have done the trick last time.

Last edited:
LOL, I saw someone once wearing a t-shirt that read "Save the environment, wipe your ass with an owl."

LOL, I saw someone once wearing a t-shirt that read "Save the environment, wipe your ass with an owl."

That's like when the bear asks the rabbit if it gets dingle berries, and it says no, so the bear picks it up and wipes it's rear-end with it :lol

LOL, Eddie Murphy said that in one of his stand up routines of course his version was a lot dirtier lol.

Back