NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so what I did was dremel down the inside of the lower half. That means I eliminated the entire inner lip that 'locked' the two parts together. After that I put the cheek area onto the face. Then I took the upper half and pushed it down further into the lower half. Once in the position I wanted I glued them in place. After the two halves were done drying i glued the entire bio back onto the Predator's head. The back area kind of stood up so i took the hair dryer and bent the back of the bio to fit the head's curvature.
I didn't push the two pieces together too closely because I wasn't a big fan of the look and because it didn't fit the head very well at all. I think what I did is better than what it was originally.
2zejhbk.jpg

vrx05e.jpg

Jeez, that thing's bigger than your photo background box! Congrats on receiving him, Elder!

I can only hope BBTS gives us the goods soon...

Okay, so what I did was dremel down the inside of the lower half. That means I eliminated the entire inner lip that 'locked' the two parts together. After that I put the cheek area onto the face. Then I took the upper half and pushed it down further into the lower half. Once in the position I wanted I glued them in place. After the two halves were done drying i glued the entire bio back onto the Predator's head. The back area kind of stood up so i took the hair dryer and bent the back of the bio to fit the head's curvature.
I didn't push the two pieces together too closely because I wasn't a big fan of the look and because it didn't fit the head very well at all. I think what I did is better than what it was originally.
2zejhbk.jpg

vrx05e.jpg
EP2, thanks for the write up.
I would definitely give it a go too if I had him here. :(

Waiting on Amoktime to get it to me.

I see, from Kyle's pics why you had to Dremel down the lip of the bottom half of the bio. Great idea and I think it's the easiest way to go about fixing the visor.

Are you going to be working on the seam as well?

Waiting on Amoktime to get it to me.

I see, from Kyle's pics why you had to Dremel down the lip of the bottom half of the bio. Great idea and I think it's the easiest way to go about fixing the visor.

Are you going to be working on the seam as well?
Nope, I want to but I don't want to repaint the beast.
Looks good Elder. I think I have that same lightbox. If so, I now have a perfect gauge for how frickin big he is.

Its a good light box, now I need a good camera. Yeah, as of now I am looking for somewhere else to put him and take photos cause the light box is too small, you see too many colors and stuff.

here is my modifying pics, i just removed underside of mask with hairdryer, i cleaned inside part and glued again. you can see my preds original pics on page 361,
0011600x1200-6.jpg

0021600x1200-2.jpg

0041600x1200-5.jpg

0061600x1200-5.jpg

0071600x1200-7.jpg

0081600x1200-6.jpg

0091600x1200-5.jpg

0101600x1200-3.jpg

Nice job, but what does the seam look like underneath the bio, where the bio and chin meet? I didn't want to disrupt that seam at all, hence the reason I decided to go the route I did.

Nice job, but what does the seam look like underneath the bio, where the bio and chin meet? I didn't want to disrupt that seam at all, hence the reason I decided to go the route I did.

chin is 0/0 , not inside or outside of the mask,

Both mods turned out great! Not sure if I'd have the guts to do it, but it's an amazingly sculpted and painted mask, either way.

HULK, after applying the heat, which way did you pull to pry off the bottom half of the bio?
Did you pull from the cheekbones or from the chin?

Hmmmm

As the head is nice and hollow it would be nice to add a yellow bright LED and cut off the current visor and add a real black semi-transparent plastic so we can have some eye-flashing. When i get the courage i might be brave and have a play around

Back