NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a serious problem, but I am willing to step in and help a friend out.
So, let's clean out your closet of all these HT, SS, and Bowen boxes. Put their respective figures inside them...and I will hold all of them for you until room becomes available again.

That's what friends are for. :hi5:

lol Thanks for the offer but let me think about that for a bit! :lol

I really am thinking about getting one, but then it just dons on me, "where am I going to put this thing?". None if my display cases will hold this beast, and I can not stand dust, so I can't keep him out of a case. To me it's a lose lose. I hope everybody is at least very happy with theirs. I know it's been anticipated now for a while.

lol my bad i wasn't clear, in general when you buy a Sideshow or Neca statue/figure and you want to throw out the Styrofoam that protects the statue so that you can flatten the box to save space...does not having the protective material inside the box diminish the overall value of the figure if you wanna sell it later on?

In regards to NECA I only keep the card that's inside. I've kept all my Hot Toys boxes but anything else I've had in the past like styrofoam I've thrown away.

Thank you for the update, although, I should probably check my local TRU anyway because I'm sure this is a 'your mileage may vary' type of thing.

Road trip! Predator hunting at TRU'!:woo

I really am thinking about getting one, but then it just dons on me, "where am I going to put this thing?". None if my display cases will hold this beast, and I can not stand dust, so I can't keep him out of a case. To me it's a lose lose. I hope everybody is at least very happy with theirs. I know it's been anticipated now for a while.

Man, this figure is becoming increasingly tempting...
...most not.... get into 1/4 scale figures....

Just get 1 version then, it's only $80...worry about the details later!

My 18" terminator is collecting dust as we speak, and it kinda breaks my heart to neglect my stuff. I'll probably get it though because I don't have much sense

That would be cool and all but Randy really likes doing things that haven't been done. We've made lots of 18 inch figures and the Predator is the holy grail of our line. I for one like the bigger stuff better and HT has the 1/6th coved pretty much. My dream is we would do a whole line of 19 inch Predators. I know that might take up a lot of room but the Predators are worth it in my opinion. I'm just beyond geeked that we really did make this Predator figure. Dream come true for me and man was it a long wait.

Cue choral music: aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :pray:

I'd buy every single one without hesitation, if they were made with the quality of this P1 or better. Pretty much the only HT Preds that would remain in my collection then would be my AVPs (for grail and general awesomeness reasons).

My 18" terminator is collecting dust as we speak, and it kinda breaks my heart to neglect my stuff. I'll probably get it though because I don't have much sense

Very wise decision! enjoy the fig and don't worry about dust, i got 26 HT and a 7 PF all exposed to the natural air! you get use swiffer duster if it really bugs you

C'mon SS, I'd love to see you put a custom paint on this piece! I told you before, you're sick and I hate you (in a totally complimentary way), and you do the BEST custom Pred paint jobs I've ever seen.

Just do eeeet :pray:

Thanks. I appreciate the confidence in my work. My concern with this piece isn't the detail, but the height. As a stand-alone piece, it's top two in the world, IMO. But since it doesn't properly fit into ANY collection scale-wise (unless they make the whole Lost Pred clan in this scale), it's a hunk of plastic to me.

the SSC P1 maquette is probably as good as we'll ever get from this franchise. cannon aside, it's pretty much dead-on. i wouldn't expect a toy company to beat that or come close to it.

Yes, the SSC P1 is great, but I ultimately coudn't stand the wierd leaning, and eventually I sold it. Granted, I needed the money, but that was a deciding factor for me.

This could be your perfect representation of the Predator though if you work your magic on it!:wink1:

If I don't do one of my own, I have at least one person asking me for a repaing already. So, either way, it looks like it's happening eventually.

just get a bigger case. i ended up getting one when i got a few 18" NECA figures and some 1:4 states/maquettes. now everybody is dust free and well lit.

As a stand-alone piece, it's top two in the world, IMO. But since it doesn't properly fit into ANY collection scale-wise (unless they make the whole Lost Pred clan in this scale), it's a hunk of plastic to me.

Doesn't necessarily have to be displayed next to something. It could be a stand-alone piece on its own shelf level. We also have the 1/4 Alien and T-800 Endoskeleton, so a multiple-figure display of The Big Three could work.

In any case, super-pumped to see what you can do with this guy! Awesome sculpt plus awesome paint equals awesome squared. Simple math, really. :)

thanks goose, Think about it guys...you get a great Predator figure based on a Kick-A@@ movie all for a very low price! it's win, win! ya really don't want to regret not buying it now! :lol

Ditto.:hi5:

Yeah, we could do with some more pics. Can't wait to get out in the garden with my camera when I get mine.:D

If I don't do one of my own, I have at least one person asking me for a repaing already. So, either way, it looks like it's happening eventually.

Good, good. Glad it's happening somehow.:D

For those wondering about TRU orders, I just messaged them on twitter:

Many of us preordered 18" Preds from Toys R Us, but they took them off the website. Will they be getting them to fill our orders?

Their response:

I don't know, if you got an email confirmation on your pre-order I would think so but contact them to be sure.

Back