NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, he'd complain that the laser cannon didn't properly light up with a naturally flourescent gemstone :rotfl

You're forgetting the additions I made: bottle-opener, PEZ dispenser, satellite watch, the works. Then, and only then, will I be okay with even looking at the figure. Wait, scratch that. The PEZ dispenser must be purple and the bottle-opener must have a voice chip. And if I hear one second of graininess in the quality of the sound playback, I'm taking it back to the store and burning the whole place down... 'cause I'm mad... hrrmmmmph.

The important thing not to lose sight of is that deep down, behind the sculpt and improved paint, it's still a NECA piece. The materials aren't of the highest quality, so whatever problems we'd face with the 7" figures, we should expect to face with this one. The only difference is this one's larger and simply looks nicer. If you're careful with the smaller releases you normally buy from NECA, then the same should be the case here. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I'd be happy to lean him lightly against a wall if it meant he'd be safe. It's not that noticable anyway, since he has that massive shoulder cannon pack that juts out.

Last edited:
You guys can be sarcastic and neca fanboys all you want........Its all just such a shame that neca doesnt listen to the real fans.

OK so you refuse to excuse any of NECA's inate low-end collectible shortcomings. But these huge diatribes of yours make it sound like NECA really hurt you personally. Just majorly OTT.

OK so you refuse to excuse any of NECA's inate low-end collectible shortcomings. But these huge diatribes of yours make it sound like NECA really hurt you personally. Just majorly OTT.

I just love how he implies he's a real fan and we're not -- when he's the one bashing a clearly gorgeous sculpt. It's a step above the other sculpts we've seen recently. Maybe not perfect in some small ways, but COME ON.

@Yautja-fr: I think it's two seperate pieces glued together, so the size of the gap varies from figure to figure. I think they mean you can use something to pry them apart, then readjust them and glue them properly.

This figure is really cool. At $80 I'll definitely be adding one to my collection. I wouldn't say that I buy a lot of Neca's stuff anymore, but I really can't find fault with this and those Gremlins figures they have coming up have me interested as well.

I just love how he implies he's a real fan and we're not -- when he's the one bashing a clearly gorgeous sculpt. It's a step above the other sculpts we've seen recently. Maybe not perfect in some small ways, but COME ON.

@Yautja-fr: I think it's two seperate pieces glued together, so the size of the gap varies from figure to figure. I think they mean you can use something to pry them apart, then readjust them and glue them properly.

well someone needs to ellaborate on this

These pictures in natural lighting definatly has me thinking that its not as (shiny translucent has expeculated.) I made a mistake, I should of judged it by perfect lighting. But that still does not explain where in the blue space is the wire running along the medical kit. Someone pleaseeeeee explain THAT TO ME.

After looking at that last pic it does appear the helmet is in sections. Looks like you can take the top part off with the visor being a separate piece; similar to HT's bio with the visor glued on.

you do realize how big a 1/4 Queen is right? With the weight she would be at the top, a figure in that scale just isn't ideal with her skinny little legs.

I know you are right but, you don't think they could try to make one that is a good sculpt while being able to stand? would it be impossible?
like really impossible to make a really good figure?

just thinking of Tankman doing a queen sculpt made me dream about it,
I know you might be right :monkey3

I know you are right but, you don't think they could try to make one that is a good sculpt while being able to stand? would it be impossible?

I think there's the potential that they could make the queen, but it'd be in their 8 inch scale.

It looked cool but just not the Queen from Aliens. The Queen is the last of my top 4 figures I've wanted a crack at. I'm thinking about Alien 3 also even though the movie for me was a big let down back in the day. I know fans want it and it's a really cool Alien. I saw the two SS figures of it and thought WOW it really is a great design. I need to get off my butt and get the SS Queen.

i used to have the ss queen, it's very good and cool, but they based theirs off the small queen puppet, not the 16 foot queen puppet,
thus less detail , i want one based off the big 16 foot queen puppet, with the tendons going from the points of her crown going to her jaws.
mcfarlane got that part right on his, but that was about all .

Imagine how huge the box would be. Like six or eight of the boxes for this 1/4 P1 put together. I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but I'd soon arrive home and spend more time scratching my head to figure out where to put it, than enjoying the piece.

You'd have to put it in your bed. Thats the only place it would fit in my room. Id have to sit by the door and admire it then sleep on the floor.

even the full size 1/4 scale statue needs a giant rod up her butt just to keep her up, I don't think there's anything that could be done to make a articulated figure look good and even stand on her own without a rod up her butt. Sure, a great sculpt is possible, but making a figure that big and that unstable just isn't practical. Her head is huge and her lower body is tiny.

Just to be clear about how the helmet separates, it's in two pieces, right, we have the dome and the face cover and the two meet at the top eye line where the gap is, right?

I really wish someone would just make a video of the fix and post it so we can actually see the process.

Holy cow this thread blowed up today. Figure looks great! Can't wait for BBTS to start shipping these. Also looking forward to seeing pics of these being displayed, because as of now I have no idea how I am going to display them or what I am going to put them in.

Thanks Tankman :)

1/4 scale Any Time, 1/4 scale ***** Face, 1/4 scale Mr. Black, 1/4 scale Ritual Armor, 1/4 scale Dark Blade Clan, 1/4 scale gort, 1/4 scale Alien Hunter, 1/4 scale dog wolf, 1/4 scale Falconer P, 1/4 scale Tracker Hound,1/4 scale Celtic Celtic, 1/4 scale Alien Queen, 1/4 scale Alien Warrior, 1/4 scale Big Chap, 1/4 scale Grid Alien, 1/4 scale Dog Alien, 1/4 scale Dutch, 1/4 scale Billy, 1/4 scale Dillion, 1/4 scale Mac, 1/4 scale Hawkins, 1/4 scale Hopper, 1/4 scale Hopper's men, 1/4 scale Jesse Ventura, 1/4 scale Jerry Lambert, 1/4 scale Danny Boy, 1/4 scale Ruben Blades, 1/4 scale Train 1/4 scale Space Jocky, 1/4 scale Terminator t-800 model 101, 1/4 scale T-600, 1/4 scale T-1000, 1/4 scale ghost rider, 1/4 scale diorama, Finally 1/4 scale Want Some Candy Massacre.

LETS DANCE!

1/4 scale Any Time, 1/4 scale ***** Face, 1/4 scale Mr. Black, 1/4 scale Ritual Armor, 1/4 scale Dark Blade Clan, 1/4 scale gort, 1/4 scale Alien Hunter, 1/4 scale dog wolf, 1/4 scale Falconer P, 1/4 scale Tracker Hound,1/4 scale Celtic Celtic, 1/4 scale Alien Queen, 1/4 scale Alien Warrior, 1/4 scale Big Chap, 1/4 scale Grid Alien, 1/4 scale Dog Alien, 1/4 scale Dutch, 1/4 scale Billy, 1/4 scale Dillion, 1/4 scale Mac, 1/4 scale Hawkins, 1/4 scale Hopper, 1/4 scale Hopper's men, 1/4 scale Jesse Ventura, 1/4 scale Jerry Lambert, 1/4 scale Danny Boy, 1/4 scale Ruben Blades, 1/4 scale Train 1/4 scale Space Jocky, 1/4 scale Terminator t-800 model 101, 1/4 scale T-600, 1/4 scale T-1000, 1/4 scale ghost rider, 1/4 scale diorama, Finally 1/4 scale Want Some Candy Massacre.

LETS DANCE!

Wow dude, you're all the way up at post number 69! Congrats!

Back