NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda off topic but i gotta say, the most iconic scene for me is when he emerges from the water looking for Arnold. Theres something about it that is so sinister and badass.
That WAS a great scene.

One other scene that I will always remember:

Right after Mac kills the scorpion on Dillon's shoulder, we see (for the first time) what the Predator's hand looks like. He picks up the dead scorpion and we get a look at the sharp fingernails. At this point I realized, this is no ordinary alien.
Then the Predator plays back Mac's voice, "Anytime!" :clap

Credit to Kevin Peter Hall. The Predators movement and body language was down to some fantastic monster acting.

Most definitely! The guy is a work of art, bring the creature to life in all it's glory. I just find it so awesome the way he looks up at the scenary with his cannon tracking his head movements and the way Kevin bounced down along the rocks. It didn't even feel like a guy in a suit it felt like a real alien hunter from outer space.

This.
Couldn't agree with you anymore. His performance was exceptional. :clap
:clap

That WAS a great scene.

One other scene that I will always remember:

Right after Mac kills the scorpion on Dillon's shoulder, we see (for the first time) what the Predator's hand looks like. He picks up the dead scorpion and we get a look at the sharp fingernails. At this point I realized, this is no ordinary alien.
Then the Predator plays back Mac's voice, "Anytime!" :clap

It's all good.:hi5:

If you think about this for a second. In all of Arnold's glory of defeat, The One And Only Defeat To Him was my boy Any Time. He whipped the ____ out of Dutch. I love when he sort of claws him/ upper cuts him and shows a line of blood squirting in the air drooling. That is conquerism.

While on the topic of awesomeness, major credit must go to Alan Silvestri's epic soundtrack. The soundtrack is loaded with so much mood, tension, and atmosphere.
Equally as excellent as Horner's "Aliens" or Fidel's "The Terminator" soundtracks.

So it looks like I'll pay about $23 more if I cancel with TRU and go with CSC. Has anyone heard anything about TRU getting these soon?

I was reading posts but today are too Many! lol
sorry

anyways for those buying from Toys R us, I got an email back:

I see that your order is still on backorder. I'm very sorry for the
delay of your order and for any inconvenience this has caused you. I
completed some research and see that we are expecting additional
inventory in approximately two weeks. You will receive a shipping
confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxxxx once the Predator Action
Figures ship from our fulfillment center.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call us at
either of the numbers listed below or just respond to this email. Thank
you again for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look
forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Dori Perle

so that's what I got for an answer,
Don't know if it means we really are getting them or they aren't getting them but they don't want me to cancel yet,

i am sorry to be so stupid, really am sorry,
what does backorder really mean? i know they don't have them and I preorder, does that mean the same as preorder not met yet? or does it mean i might, or might not get them? I preorder these, a long while ago, don't know... sorry :monkey2

Last edited:
Another of my faviorite scenes is when Dutch spears my boy and he assumed where it came from and hit the exact Tree Dutch was on and from their he just keeps shooting and shooting with bombs of explosions. It also reminds me of when the whole team were doing that to the Jungle. He like copied them. Hes so cute. And Badass. One of the most badass scenes ever!!!

If you think about this for a second. In all of Arnold's glory of defeat, The One And Only Defeat To Him was my boy Any Time. He whipped the ____ out of Dutch. I love when he sort of claws him/ upper cuts him and shows a line of blood squirting in the air drooling. That is conquerism.
I don't know about that.
He pretty much looks owned in this picture:

2342019,yp+T7PMY5lKvdiJRNP2232rRcIxVh8A_S7N9IsWuz4QEwaEPZZrjpU+rJbihmueTTpJCTKIusJ0qmDEDRKo4WA==.jpg

I'm going to have figure out another way to display him. He's just to heavy and doest feel all that stable up there. Sorry for the horrible pics.

Photo1105.jpg

Photo1106_EDIT.jpg

Looks pretty good, glad the paint is as good as it is!
I'm not super impressed with the pink mouth, but for the price I'm willing to ignore it. It doesn't look like it'd be hard, even for an amateur, to put a little paint upgrade into that mouth area.

I suspect it'll be hard to get him to stand on a flat surface in a crazy pose, but it looks odd on a desk anyway, this figure should really have some sort of diorama/base to go with it, where this feet not sitting flat could be compensated for with some sort of creative supports.
Can't wait to get my set-o-three!

yeah, I had to fix my 7 inch closed mouth pred, i used a little bit of paint with water, to make it darker, it looked like bubble gum pink, now he looks totally badass, Also I had to paint Black under his eyes, under his eyes was completely pale, he looked crossed eyed LOL :lol
OK.;)

What NECA didn't tell us was that he comes to life when we leave the house.:D

:goodpost: :lol yeah I know, One time I Swear Hulk wanted to kill me, He fell on My Head! Gave me a pretty bad bump, I thought I Was bleeding but I wasn't he totally dive for my head, lol,
i sold him hahaha

Am I the only one that's really disappointed with the paint on the finished figures? I really, really wish Tankman hadn't posted his photos 20 or so pages back because the paint on those Predators looked amazing. Seeing his pictures reassured me that this figure was going to be epic. Unfortunately now, seeing the in-hand pictures, it honestly looks so "toy-like" that my interest in this figure has been deminished by 50%.
Too bad to because I pre-ordered all 3.

it doesn't really bother me that much,

Back