NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just got home and the first thing I see is this guy lying on the floor. :gah:

Nothing broken but I am disappointed to see he's not as sturdy as I had thought.

Really the only issue I have with these is the gum paint. It looks accidental, but if it isn't, that's even worse! Still, just fantastic pics you guys've been posting.

As for what Sabres said earlier about all of the released figures having the visor gap, I wouldn't think so. It depends on how it was glued, so each piece can be different. Plus CSC and other pics we've seen look good in that department. As more turn up, I'm sure we'll get more varied results there.

I think the only bad point about the P1 mold is the ankels they can get real loose over time with posing. Nothing a bit of super glue can't fix to make the ball joints tighter though!

Really the only issue I have with these is the gum paint. It looks accidental, but if it isn't, that's even worse! Still, just fantastic pics you guys've been posting.

As for what Sabres said earlier about all of the released figures having the visor gap, I wouldn't think so. It depends on how it was glued, so each piece can be different. Plus CSC and other pics we've seen look good in that department. As more turn up, I'm sure we'll get more varied results there.

Are yours on the way?

So I just got home and the first thing I see is this guy lying on the floor. :gah:

Nothing broken but I am disappointed to see he's not as sturdy as I had thought.
Damn that sucks but no breakage at least so he's got to be built pretty well. It's around 7lbs right? That's a heavy dive. How high was the dive and do you know what joints caused it? I am guessing foot joints.

Damn that sucks but no breakage at least so he's got to be built pretty well. It's around 7lbs right? That's a heavy dive. How high was the dive and do you know what joints caused it? I am guessing foot joints.

It feels like it's put together very well. No fears of it breaking while I handle it or from it falling over. I keep him on a TV stand, he must have fell forward and reached the edge then fell onto the floor. Not high at all, but it also helped that he fell onto carpet and not tile.

@greygoose: Nope, I ordered from BBTS,

OK.;)

It feels like it's put together very well. No fears of it breaking while I handle it or from it falling over. I keep him on a TV stand, he must have fell forward and reached the edge then fell onto the floor. Not high at all, but it also helped that he fell onto carpet and not tile.

What NECA didn't tell us was that he comes to life when we leave the house.:D

I went to CSC just see what all this hype was about and I ended coming out with two of these!!! I just wanted the closed mouth version but my insisted on the bio one. But it just didn't look as good as the other ones. BTW.....does anybody know who make some drool, so can put on the closed mouth????

At CSC

Photo1102_EDIT.jpg

Photo1103_EDIT.jpg

And mine

Photo1104.jpg

I'll probably lean these backwards against a wall. Not an ideal way to display a figure but I'd rather not take the risk of a heart-in-mouth shelf dive - and I don't have carpet at the moment. It'd be straight onto rough wood floor. Even if nothing broke there'd surely be paint damage.

That masked variant is so sold for me, god it looks awesome. With a professional paint job i reckon it be the definitive p1 figure! :D i know its a neca figure but i can see people like me customizing these figures and maybe adding some LEDS inside the masked head. I just can't wait to have this in my hands, i have Neca's 22 inch Giger Alien and that blew me away. Totally awesome looking figure.

replaced the first pic with Chewie's since the one you linked wasn't showing up. I can't quite tell the gray spots on the movie grabs still though...

It's intentional because even if the prototype has the gray spots on the gums:

img7909y.jpg

But it's not accurate.

Predator_131.jpg

Predator_99.jpg

Predator_98.jpg

Predator_91.jpg

Predator_90.jpg

So no idea why they decided to do that!? :dunno

I'll probably hook up some sort of stand or diorama for the piece anyway. In any case, support for a figure that large and heavy is a given. Regardless of however sturdy he was made out to be, I'd take extra care of him. Even if he's durable, you never know if his shelf dive could be harmful to other collectibles... or your floor :eek:.

Back