NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

You realize you are in a primarily 1/6th based forum right?

I don't think they do. Honestly I love Neca aswell but the stuff these guys come out with in what is pretty much a lion's den of 1/6 high end collectors never fails to make me :slap The kind of bold rhetoric you'd expect to see in..well...a Neca dedicated forum but not here for goodness sake.

-edit- granted much of it comes from one guy using multiple accounts but still...

I have a Ht predator 1 and I think this Neca version it's more accurate and nice than him and for the price and size the neca version is a winner:yess:

I have a Ht predator 1 and I think this Neca version it's more accurate and nice than him and for the price and size the neca version is a winner:yess:

everything else would be a lie :goodpost:
Size, Price, likeness unbeatable !
Neca is unrivaled with sculpts & movie-accurate details.

Last edited:

Something unique about this figure that no one has mentioned - the "closed mouth" is not really fully closed. The upper left mandible is slightly raised, re-creating the moment in the film where he "clicks" it after Arnold punches him. There is no other Predator out there that gives you this feature. Great work.

:lol...........hate what? im sorry, but i dont see many ppl having a $80 figure as their most prized possession in their collection unless their kids. "Not that theres anything wrong with that". I never said this was a bad piece and you kids get all crazy when someone says its not the best thing out there :rotfl

:cuckoo:...........actually i dont have a CM Pred btw, again, im sorry, but anyone saying this is the most accurate Predator 1 SCULPT to date is just ignorant; dont take offense to it cause its true. The maquette from SS was a laser scan from what was used in the film; everything except for the cannon is completely accurate, so something hand built from scratch can't be more accurate than that. For those that disagree, they do so cause they ignore the facts, and if they dont think thats accurate, i have a 7'6 Pred sitting in my room from the original SWS molds, so you can see why i laugh at ppl that think that this could be more accurate than things i have either acquired in the past or currently have. I have never once said this is a bad sculpt or was completely inaccurate, but it is NOT the most accurate thing seen to date.

I didn't know that.
In fact I'd heard that the Sideshow statue had a lot of inaccuracies because it had been based on props from different movies. Or maybe it was a different collectible, not really sure...

which one?

cinemaquette-predator-statue-vs-sideshow.jpg

A better look at the "Arnold just punched me and I barely felt it" mandible click.

9269d1280327156-sdcc10-predators-alien-1predhead.jpg

I didn't know that.
In fact I'd heard that the Sideshow statue had a lot of inaccuracies because it had been based on props from different movies. Or maybe it was a different collectible, not really sure...

not sure, but i know the cannon on the maquette was hand sculpted, but still quite accurate.

which one?

cinemaquette-predator-statue-vs-sideshow.jpg

which one what? which is the more accurate? if thats what yur asking, its the tiny by comparison guy on the right :lol. I had the option to buy either one, decided to for go the bigger one and went with the accurate one, but its not like the guy that sculpted the cm is a slouch or anything.

i dont know why people keep bringing up the ht pred 1 to compare to this. even if this neca version doesnt exist, that ht pred still looks bad. it was bad the first time i laid eyes on it, it's still bad now after neca showed it who's boss. sure sure, ht pred lights up, has unlimited joints and accessories, whatever... go play with your toy in the kiddy room. when you want to do a FILM character, then it better look like how it is in the FILM. screen accuracy is always numero uno when you're doing movie based collectibles.

that said, if neca cant spare us 2 extra heads, they sure can spare us one extra interchangeable mandible and a removable mask, cant they? what's with the cheapo attitude? and spare me the 'this is expensive to make, have to recoup cost' bull____.

A better look at the "Arnold just punched me and I barely felt it" mandible click.

9269d1280327156-sdcc10-predators-alien-1predhead.jpg

Yesss
erh7cn.jpg

which one what? which is the more accurate? if thats what yur asking, its the tiny by comparison guy on the right :lol. I had the option to buy either one, decided to for go the bigger one and went with the accurate one, but its not like the guy that sculpted the cm is a slouch or anything.

Both beautiful. I like most about the smallest. For me the eyes of the big statue are small.

Shi..y poses:mad:

yup. n i think people put too much stock into the scanned process. i've seen many scanned figures that dont look accurate to the real things. it's not a perfect process, and i'd sooner trust the eyes and hands of a talented artist than a scanned method.

Back