NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Perfect sculpture... proportionate physique. Thanks Tankman, thanks Neca!!!

2hxaijr.jpg

vdlbb4.jpg

2hozoth.jpg

vzk2l3.jpg

21mi2b6.jpg

Even if the paint job will not be at these levels... considering the sculpture, this is a work of art. Is a fact.

25afz7tz.jpg

56pijqd6.jpg

that will look so awesome when my 20" Alien are side by side with the Pred.

Tankman & Neca , i love you !
I dont care about the Paint, 18inchers and espacially Monsters and horrorcharacters have almost perfect paint.

Last edited:

I'm in the UK.

Can someone tell me how I can preorder this MoFo?

Oh, and is this MoFo LIMITED EDITION? If so, how many pieces?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sabres...it's not impossible for them to include extra heads. They've done it before with sculpts full of detail in the 18 inch scale. It's not unheard of. Would I expect THREE heads in one package? No. But I would've been fine with 2. I know how this process works. I've known for years. But dispite that, NECA could've done it. Not much I could do about it now. Which is why i'm disappoined. Dont tell me I dont have a right to be.

That being said, I've already said my peace on the matter, and NECA aint gonna change their minds. So i'll buy the closed mouth when I can see some actual product photos.

Yes, sculpts that were mainly human figures. Human figures, as stated by NECA many times on their twitter, are cheaper to produce than predator figures. Think about it, all human figures have a basic shape, while predators are much more intricate.

Now what I do think would be a good idea, would be to include two right hands - the open one and the closed one. I don't imagine that would be too expensive to do - and that way, you could do the iconic "roar scene" from the first predator film, with his arms spread wide and both his hands open.

Now what I do think would be a good idea, would be to include two right hands - the open one and the closed one. I don't imagine that would be too expensive to do - and that way, you could do the iconic "roar scene" from the first predator film, with his arms spread wide and both his hands open.

that would be kool.

good idea :lecture

predator.jpg

good idea :lecture

that would be kool.

NOPE!!!!

Because you can't split the legs apart!! Look at the groin joints - they already said it has the same articulation as the 8" figure so it ain't gonna work. Legs will only go front and back (not side to side). Wouldn't mind extra hands though...

The surface texture of the mask on the proto isn't the best. I'd rather it would look like Taylerdurdums (sp?) masks.

this looks incredible!!! i only collect 1/6 scale and ive only recently bought my 1st ever predator(HTs P1)
this is an amazing predator...and only $80?
im getting one of these for sure.
im hoping to mod the head like the HTs one though(open & closed mouth and biomask)

The surface texture of the mask on the proto isn't the best. I'd rather it would look like Taylerdurdums (sp?) masks.

I do not want controversy. I think the Tankman's mask is perfect!

look at this comparison (please do not kill me):

2vxpuol.jpg

I ended up pre-ordering all three versions from the BBTS. I plan on repainting them.

Hopefully the customizers will like these - remember how encline_designs made that cyborg predator out of the 7 inch classic? Imagine a 1/4th cyborg predator!

I can't believe so many people are complaining about this. Sure, they could have had both unmasked head sculpts in one box, but most people would want both variations and it would be annoying swapping the heads every once in a while.

There is no denying that sculpt is ____ing beautiful. I personally like the HT's version the same, as they both have their redeeming features. Although the sculpt may be top notch on these NECA figures, the poseability on the HT version is amazing.

Either way, I think when these get in hand, the people who backed out of pre-ordering are gonna regret this. I get the feeling a few years down the line the prices of these are gonna be through the roof!

Back