Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His eyes are a little glossy. When I first opened him I didn't notice it due to the lighting.

So eyes do have a glossy finish but depending on the lighting it isn't very noticable.

I bought the Sméagol today, not even really a LOTR or Hobbit fan I just really liked his expression, and being a person with depressive tendencies and things like that, I kind of identified with him which is kind of sad when you think about it. :(

@superdoug, thats, but looks the eyes likes the fotos ?
On the fotos the eye painting technique looks a little bit like Enterbay, Blitzway or Hot Toys. The eyebrows are a little washed out on the borders(not so sharp and artificial like cheap figures) and you sean painted eyelashes. On the skin they have darker parts to look more realistic.

Got Bilbo and Smeagol today, I'm super happy with them together. I hope they do a "happy Smeagol" (with "the precious" and a fish) release someday-smiling Gollum would be a "must-buy" piece for me, especially if it's done as well as this one. Bilbo is good, but not great. My views would echo previous comments, so no need to repeat them. I do love the details on "Sting", and kinda wish Bilbo came with a 2nd glowing blade "Sting".

Here are some pics:

I like the Bilbo...but the 'crotch' area looks pretty wierd at this scale/size. Looks like an oversized 'banana-hammock' if you know what I mean.

The Gollum/Smeagol are excellent...but the Bilbo...still not too sure.

The figure looks fairly cool but the likeness is not good at all. If that was better I'd be a pretty sweet figure.

HEy guyz i wanted to post a couple of PICS. of my Smeagol that i've customized.I didn't really like the way he had no hair besides in the back so i inserted several more strands and gave him some brows.Also,repainted the eyes as well as the mouth.I also retouched the body and the loin cloth.I'm going to be picking up the Gollum version as well as Bilbo this weekend and mod them as well.I really like the sculpt and lately NECA has been knocking it out of the park with some of their 1/4 figures!:clapI'll post more PICS. when i'm finished with figure!:wink1:

Really love him, so much emotion in the face.

Such a perfect expression. Not sure if I'm interested in the Gollum version.

Got Bilbo and Smeagol today, I'm super happy with them together. I hope they do a "happy Smeagol" (with "the precious" and a fish) release someday-smiling Gollum would be a "must-buy" piece for me, especially if it's done as well as this one. Bilbo is good, but not great. My views would echo previous comments, so no need to repeat them. I do love the details on "Sting", and kinda wish Bilbo came with a 2nd glowing blade "Sting".

Here are some pics:

https://s304.photobucket.com/user/Mikekind/media/20130528_225905_zpscef34f6f.jpg.html

Man, they look great together. Can't wait to have a "riddles in the dark" display. :)

And I don't really have a problem with Bilbo's likeness. They went overboard with the texture, but he's immediately recognizable.

My girlfriend recently picked up the NECA Bilbo(I originally wanted him,but she begged me to let her get him and there's no sense in having two!!)...but I have to say I'm glad I didn't get him because I was actually quite disappointed with the figure really.

They totally went overboard on the rough-texture of Freeman's face IMO...it looks like the layer of unwanted skin on the top of your porridge for heaven's sake!!

As for the likeness...meh...I mean,it kinda looks like him from certain angles but honestly,I think it bears more of a resemblance to Bill Murray!!!

It's a shame about the face because I was actually impressed with the rest of it. They managed to put a lot of articulation in it and still maintained a sculpt that hide a lot of it. . . . . until you got to the face. They really needed to at least do a better job painting it.

It's a shame about the face because I was actually impressed with the rest of it. They managed to put a lot of articulation in it and still maintained a sculpt that hide a lot of it. . . . . until you got to the face. They really needed to at least do a better job painting it.

I know,well said mate :lecture

I was really looking forward to this one,and like you say,it's a shame because apart from the face it's a wonderful figure.

Maybe I've missed it but has there ever been a pic of the new Gollum or Bilbo alongside NECA's older Aragorn, Legolas or Gandalf?

Maybe I've missed it but has there ever been a pic of the new Gollum or Bilbo alongside NECA's older Aragorn, Legolas or Gandalf?

Great idea...I don't think I've seen on either...pic next to Gandalf at least...

Any new figures from this line at SDCC? I didn't see any pics. I hope the line isn't dead.

Back