NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, this figure is so delightful. My first ever 1/4 Scale figure! I have to say, NECA releasing that 7" Keaton Batman made me an instant fan of their work and when this figure was announced, I really wanted it, but wasn't sure if I was going to take the plunge. Thanks to that Calendars promotion I was able to get him for an affordable price and he's now the crown jewel of my Batman collection. Easily. If NECA does a 1/4 Catwoman or Returns Batman, I'll be hard pressed to not buy BOTH. (And, god, it'd be a DREAM if they did Nicholson Joker, but, apparently, that isn't going to happen. Sigh). The ONLY gripe I have with this figure is the missing UMBRELLA! God, what a misstep to not include one. Especially THIS one:

umbrella.jpg

-It would have been PERFECT for the look NECA decided to go with. Are there any customizers out there that could MAKE this thing and offer it for sale? Because that would be AMAZING.

I was also curious about how a 1/6 umbrella would look paired with this figure? The 1/4 scale umbrellas I've seen him paired with just seem too big--more like canopies on picnic tables than a natural-looking umbrella! I was considering buying a 1/6 umbrella off eBay depending on how it looked... Could any member here post a picture of this figure with a 1/6 scale umbrella in hand?

God, this figure is so delightful. My first ever 1/4 Scale figure! I have to say, NECA releasing that 7" Keaton Batman made me an instant fan of their work and when this figure was announced, I really wanted it, but wasn't sure if I was going to take the plunge. Thanks to that Calendars promotion I was able to get him for an affordable price and he's now the crown jewel of my Batman collection. Easily. If NECA does a 1/4 Catwoman or Returns Batman, I'll be hard pressed to not buy BOTH. (And, god, it'd be a DREAM if they did Nicholson Joker, but, apparently, that isn't going to happen. Sigh). The ONLY gripe I have with this figure is the missing UMBRELLA! God, what a misstep to not include one. Especially THIS one:

View attachment 213054

-It would have been PERFECT for the look NECA decided to go with. Are there any customizers out there that could MAKE this thing and offer it for sale? Because that would be AMAZING.

I was also curious about how a 1/6 umbrella would look paired with this figure? The 1/4 scale umbrellas I've seen him paired with just seem too big--more like canopies on picnic tables than a natural-looking umbrella! I was considering buying a 1/6 umbrella off eBay depending on how it looked... Could any member here post a picture of this figure with a 1/6 scale umbrella in hand?

I like your post

View attachment 213054

Just got mine in today... Maybe I'll give the umbrella a try and report back. I have the day off tomorrow so I could work on it then...

I'll be sure to post some pictures, then, of whatever I get done. You're thinking of trying to make one, you mean?

Yea was thinking about it. Or buying another umbrella and modding it...

I have another cool little project I might do first tho ;)

Last edited:
What thread? This one?

I'm sorry, I meant some people in THIS thread already found the thread I started in the customs section, which is the one I linked to, about making the Penguin umbrella. Sorry for my confusing wording, I will change what I wrote!

Anyway, point is, I am making a custom umbrella as seen in Batman Returns for the penguin and I have a thread going if you're interested in getting one! Visit the link! https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...a-1-4-scale-danny-devito-mobile-umbrella.html

Last edited:
Back