Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

Not digging the cut on the panther neck (he looks like he's wearing a surgical collar), as well as those flaps on the hips. Yeah, they could have just followed after their Keaton Batman. For the hips, maybe cut it like their first 18" Alien or Robocop, following the V-cut. Articulation might not be as good but would be aesthetically better.

It's hilarious how horrible that articulation is. It'd look phenomenal for $100 without all those cuts, but, with them...Jesus, it's like he's wearing a turtle neck.:lol

ya, need to get rid of the cut in the neck. Everything else can be hidden by the cape.
Also, I did meant George Reeves' Superman and I meant General Zod from C. Reeve Superman.

Not digging this at all. Why didn't they make this like they made their 1989 Keaton Batman? That one had a real, jointless cowl? Scylpt and proportions are great though.

View attachment 195370

Those splits and separations kill it. They nailed it with their first film Batman, why not this one? Maybe the seam in the back would have been too obvious?
19542402915_08ef19881c.jpg

If/when they get to the rumored 1/4 Batman Returns Batman, I hope they don't do this same stuff with the neck.

Before HT, I used to like and collect Neca. How they mighty have fallen.

They have been making great 1/4 figures lately, in fact -- their 18" Jaegers, Keaton Batman, DeVito Penguin, video game Batmen -- all fantastic with well-executed and hidden joints. It's just this particular figure that seems not well-received at the moment.

Before HT, I used to like and collect Neca. How they mighty have fallen.

Their Keaton Batman, Arkham Origins Batman, Danny Devito Penguin and Reeve Superman look fantastic though?

Their Keaton Batman, Arkham Origins Batman, Danny Devito Penguin and Reeve Superman look fantastic though?

Id like to add Arkham Knight Bats to that list.

For $100 these pieces are great.

Yeah, Arkham Knight too. Looks just like the game model.

Their Arkham Knight figure looks incredible. The range in quality between the figures is what's weird. They nailed a more complicated looking figure like AK but Begins Bat's looks handicap.

11693950_933980986658879_6821434689401105658_n.jpg

Thats really nice sculpt but weird separation and joint. Turtle neck looks weird
Not digging this, wish they change it. I doubt it though

Their Arkham Knight figure looks incredible. The range in quality between the figures is what's weird. They nailed a more complicated looking figure like AK but Begins Bat's looks handicap.

I think it's the complicated design of Arkham Knight Batman (same with Arkham Origins Batman) that became an advantage for NECA. I still wish they'd make Deathstroke from AO, too. 66 Batman was also simple yet not as good looking. However, their new Reeve Superman looks good with its well-designed joints. So yeah, the range of quality between figures as you put it, is weird.

Hmm. Some strange design choices on this one.

The neck separation joint literally gives them the cowl for The Dark Knight/TDKR movies. Maybe that's why they gave it the seem?

All look fantastic to me, better than what I've seen from their past
I would argue neca is on the rise

Not digging this bats though

So wanted to have a 1/6 Begins Bats in my collection but I was willing to ass this guy to my lot as the 1/6 version is probably years away but so far it's a nope from me. Like DiFabio said why not just make the Cowl/neckpiece a one piece sculpt like the '89 version? A strange design from NECA.

I like the Begins, aside from the neck cut which I can easily patch up since there's no texture to the skin. The elbow joint which is more visible than the one used in Reeve Superman looks like it can bend up to 20 to 15 degrees. It looks like Neca went for articulation on this figure. I can barely see the joint on the ankles and the knees they look so seamless. And the weird hip/skirt, unfortunately, I think the glue at the tip just separated. I think proper positioning of the legs will make it less, if not completely, unnoticeable. Even that area with Reeve Superman has its faults. If you widen his legs too much you see the large ugly joint of his leg.

Whoever posed the legs did a disservice to the figure. The leg lines doesn't even match up to the waist lines. Also, even with the Reeve Superman and how it was posed throughout the whole process baffled me. It was so unflattering compared to the great poses members have come up with it.

Back