NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I don't believe they felt that retail would handle a figure this big well. Most TRU stores don't even carry their normal priced 1/4 figures. My guess is that they don't expect this to sit on a shelf most places. Which I tend to agree with.

Jakks thinks Neca are a bunch of wimps. :lol

I remember my TrU having 4 Jakks Godzilla on display plus all the other 31" Jakk figures!

Wimps!

In fairness to NECA, most JAKKS are still on those shelves collecting dust :lol

My local TRUs don't even stalk all of NECA's 7" offerings, I occasionally see 1/4 at comic stores but usually one of each and those stores aren't abundant. I'd be curious to see how Hulk is packed, with no window, you'd think its cuz the way he's packed is not flattering to the figure and all about efficient space use to keep box size down:

A shame really such a nice head sculpt and their largest action figure to date on a very popular character that benefits from the size.

They should've shown him off, be proud of what they accomplished you know.

But whatever, give me my brown paper bag Hulk. :lol

I hope a heavy figure poser/photographer gets this, NECA's posing hasn't been the most flattering and I'd love to see this at full potential.

843d6a05ffbd8d19859565dcfa31769d.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

A shame really such a nice head sculpt and their largest action figure to date on a very popular character that benefits from the size.

They should've shown him off, be proud of what they accomplished you know.

But whatever, give me my brown paper bag Hulk. :lol

Isn't he Balrog bigger?

Pretty amazing that Hulk reviews haven't flooded YT yet.

I guess people are waiting for competition discounts.

Amazon just changed from $17.00 shipping to Free shipping to match TrU.

For me TrU is my only option because if he arrives with a problem I would rather return to the store than go thru the hassle of shipping him back, so Amazon, BBTS and EE are out of the equation.

I'm just waiting on a TrU coupon from an aquaintice to make him slightly cheaper.

Hey every penny counts. :lol

He won't be sold out anytime soon anyways.

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Hulk looks like crap, IMO.

Anyway... My boys:

Crap? Really? Isn't that a bit harsh?

I mean you do you mate, but what don't you like about him?

Edit: By the way, your Iron Men look really good! The custom one is definitely an improvement on the original release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree ...Not really trilled about him... For me that ab crunch made me not but it. The pants are bad but could be easily fixed. But that Ab crunch. Neca really messed up. I own 12 1/4 figures from neca and was looking foward to Hulk but is an easy pass. Those turtles are a for sure though.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

His flat pecs bother me more than his ab crunch.

But nothing will stop me from buying the first ever 24" Hulk action figure.

The pecs look fine to me, but NECA's sculpt is definitely based on a pose where his skin is pulled very tight and muscles don't seem so big but they shouldn't.

Everytime I look at him my eyes always go to his flat pecs. :gah:

But I can't wait to pose him, he's going to look sick in an action pose!

Ehh.. I was looking forward to Hulk. Thought it would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look forward to your pics, it's like people don't know how or are afraid to pose Hulks, I looked through hundreds of Hot Toys Hulk pics to get a sense of poses people were able to achieve and it seems like everyone got the same simple pose, so I'm going to have to experiment, I already got one cool pose I like on my desk at work, haven't had a chance to shoot photos of him yet. NECA Hulk can look better than most people are showing off so far.

Yeah it does come down to the poses, that's what those joints are for afterall.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'll even give attitude on a figure with 3 points of articulation. :lol

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back