NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

how exactly did you fixed the neck issue? I have the same problem on my IM.
basically just blow hot the neck and you'll be able to turn it straight?

I simply used a hair dryer around the neck to warm and loosen the joint as suggested by wolverenz and darthgothikus. After a few minutes, the neck was able to move. It is still not perfect but hardly noticeable and very much acceptable. The "before" pics are posted on message 1634 on this thread if you want to compare to your figure. The neck doesn't look odd at all in the "after" pics above.

Just preordered the mark vii battle damaged from bbts.:monkey1

Has anyone had any problems with bbts before? My credit card number got jacked and the odd thing is that I used it on bbts only (i dont use it anywhere else online or in public). I bought from bbts before and they package hot toys wonderfully so i like to buy from them.

Has anyone had any problems with bbts before? My credit card number got jacked and the odd thing is that I used it on bbts only (i dont use it anywhere else online or in public). I bought from bbts before and they package hot toys wonderfully so i like to buy from them.

I never had any trouble with them. And I've purchased things from them for several years now.

IMG_20130803_100108_zps46c970f2.jpg

This is what my Neca turned into after too many shelf dives.
Since Neca has a BD version in the works i went the stealth route.:)

Taking this all apart was almost as fun as putting it all together....not !

Just curious....how much of a PITA was it to disassemble and then reassemble? I'm toying with the idea of trying to do a Secret Project type paint app on it but that is obviously depending on how ridiculous it is to get apart and back together.

Treble check your PC has no keylogging malware, lurking in the shadows.. also check that your anti-malware measures are effective and up to date .. its unlikely BBTS were responsible.

Just curious....how much of a PITA was it to disassemble and then reassemble? I'm toying with the idea of trying to do a Secret Project type paint app on it but that is obviously depending on how ridiculous it is to get apart and back together.

well I'll say this,taking it apart isn't that bad but some pieces that you have to take apart have to be un glued.
And the chest piece is especially a huge pain.this means that after screwing the whole piece back together some pieces will have to be re glued.
the chest the feet the head and both shoulder/ neck parts all have to be re glued.
the thing I hate the most was the learning curve. If I had to do it all again I know I could have done better but isn't that true with any project.

all the screws are located under pieces that are glued.

Treble check your PC has no keylogging malware, lurking in the shadows.. also check that your anti-malware measures are effective and up to date .. its unlikely BBTS were responsible.

Always a possibility. I read that a quite a few years ago there was a small problem related to credit card numbers. Traced the possible person, almost like catfish Lol. Amazing the things you can do online. Anyways...

I love the shade of blue on that iron man

I really hope HT takes a page from NECA, and chooses their look for the THOR 2 figure. I'm a huge fan of the sleeveless look since it would switch things up from the other two Thors.

Yeah i think you're right Maulfan about that!Especially since NECA is always at the Toy Fair and they always show off all their projects for the year there.I'm going to have to go to Toy Fair '14, i guess.^_^

I just opened my Iron Man. Before I destroy it, does the head pop off like a hot toys figure? I'm not sure if it's meant to come off so I don't wanna break it.

Hey Joe,yeah the head is ball jointed so it pops off.It takes a little effort but it comes off but the neck i'm not sure about!Hope this helps out!GOOD LUCK BRO!^_^

Back