NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I don't see why they wouldn't do fabric pants, since they're torn at the knees and just basic pants, it's easier to do fabric pants than work out articulating the pants and making them look ripped. Diamond did a so-so job with sculpted pants, Hasbro did a good job, but for the quality NECA's after, neither one is good enough if done on the NECA instead of cloth. Hell, the 12" Hulks from 2003 had cloth pants.

I think this will be giving us the Hulk we really want.

Glad I saved by not picking up the HT version.

This will be a center piece in a collection.

Last edited:

I was going to pass on Thor but on the strength of Hulk being made how can i pass up now!Man i really hope they go the fabric pants route!That would really SUCK if they end up sculpting the pants on!^_^

Got my 1 4 scale iron man in,I modded the hands so I could have a decent repulsor firing pose.

I hope they focus on making sure it can stand on its own cause i dont need a 2 foot piece of plastic falling every day lol.

They can make him stable with leg articulation, Hulk bends his knees and hunches, with cloth pants and proper leg joints you can pose him to distribute the weight and still have your choice of pose.

Perhaps they could weigh down the feet by using a heavier material inside of them?

All I can say is, when I immediately see it, I instantly recognize who it is. Once I sit and scrutinize it, sure I can notice inconsistencies. But hell, I can do that with every single head sculpt from every single company, EVER!

Not with every headscuöpt from every company.

The most Hot Toys, Enterbay and Blitzway facesculpts are spot on.

Recognizing who he is, is not enough. On good facesculpts the charakzer jumps on you from the screen.

Neca can it better, a way better.

On this sculpt are not fine details are missing.
The proportions are totally wrong.

As people have stated this ain't hot toys. I don't think we are going to get a better likeness anywhere for under 100 bucks.

Digging the Thor he looks beastly.

That have nothing to do with the price. We not discuss about paintjob and fine textures.

Some things on the sculpt are totally wrong(the face is to small/long, the nose is to small, the nosetip is not big enough, the lip/mouth expression is to articicial, edgy and serious).

That have nothing to do with the price. We not discuss about paintjob and fine textures.

Some things on the sculpt are totally wrong(the face is to small/long, the nose is to small, the nosetip is not big enough, the lip/mouth expression is to articicial, edgy and serious).

Then go and buy a hot toys iron man then :dunno

Getting a 1:4 Mark VII in the mail soon. Could use some ideas on a custom diorama base for the figure. Any ideas? Any help would be great. Could use something kinda techie.

I just picked up this bad boy a few days ago and am loving it except for one issue: his neck piece is crooked (pic attached) and I can't get it to adjust. Can someone with experience, or who owns this figure, help a newbie to your community out? Thanks!

20130730_214928.jpg

I just picked up this bad boy a few days ago and am loving it except for one issue: his neck piece is crooked (pic attached) and I can't get it to adjust. Can someone with experience, or who owns this figure, help a newbie to your community out? Thanks!

20130730_214928.jpg

Try to heat it up with a blow dryer, then adjust it little by little. Hope this helps.

It's probably just "paint locked" a little heat and gentle pressure should free it up.

Golden Rule: don't force it!

Getting a 1:4 Mark VII in the mail soon. Could use some ideas on a custom diorama base for the figure. Any ideas? Any help would be great. Could use something kinda techie.

Got my figure and it looks awesome minus a few minor imperfections that can pass for normal armor paint wear. But he looks boring just standing ther. Would like some ideas on making a custom base for him. As easy as possible preferred.

IMG_20130803_100108_zps46c970f2.jpg

IMG_20130803_100200_zpse931c4b6.jpg

IMG_20130803_100126_zps805831e8.jpg

IMG_20130803_100003_zps92d1fbca.jpg

This is what my Neca turned into after too many shelf dives.
Since Neca has a BD version in the works i went the stealth route.:)

Taking this all apart was almost as fun as putting it all together....not !

Last edited:
Back