NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

944245_562209800508076_1688946782_n.jpg

Well, at the very least it should also come with an interchangeable neck and helmet. Does it? Also, it shouldn't have the shoulder missile pods or the silver thigh missile pod covers, like the HT BD...At least it has those red rib covers removed to show more gold, but it only seems half right?!

Oh, and the Tony sculpt needs work IMO. Would be better altogether if the face was in a BD helmet with flip-up mask.

i might consider the battle damaged iron man. doesn't look too shabby. if it comes with an alternate helmeted portrait it'll turn my maybe into a for sure. really want a 1/4 iron man. it can hold that spot til HT finally decides to drop their version.

Even though it's off and less refined, I find the Stark portrait to look more like RDJ than the HT sculpts, HT look more like a real person no doubt, just not the person they're supposed to be. Thor looks great, really, really hope they do Hulk.

The Hot Toys Sculpt is much better, but not perfect.
What on the Neca sculpt looks like Robert Downey Jr. ?

The face expression is to sireous. The face is to long and to small.

I hope they revist the sculpt, a good reference is the sculpt from a other company I posted in this thread.

Interesting that they're releasing Thor in his TDW armor but under the Avengers license instead of making an Avengers version

Last edited:

Anyone know for sure if the bd iron man will come with a helmeted head?

Everything is sub par. But I guess you cant be too picky with their prices below $100. I'd like them to give Hulk a shot though.

Im thinking this one wont come with the helmet. Just as pictured.

Yup, me too. If they released it with two headsculpts, they'd probably have to raise the price a bit. Plus I think NECA likes to differentiate their figures as much as possible, so this one only having the BD and unmasked just fits what NECA does.

The more I look at the Thor figure, the more I'm convinced NECA have made a mistake..since they are cheekily covering both the Avengers and the Thor licences with one figure, the helmetless and bare armed option from Dark World is a poor choice.

Imho, it would make more sense to hide the arm articulation with his fish-scale armor and give him the helmet as an accessory.. one figure then covers all three films (four if you count Avengers 2 when it comes out).. the FS is okay, Hemsworth is definitely there, possibly just a bit of a non-descript expression.

Last edited:

It is Thor's Dark World costume. It's odd they would label it as The Avengers.

the BD body is actually not bad at all, i was just surprised it's not gonna come with bd IM helmet.
i just canceled my po

Sorry Neca, but this is not a good word.

Firtsly, the armor have not enough battle damage(bullerholes and open parts that we sean the cables).

Secondly, the headsculpt looks nothing like Robert downey Junior.
The face is to small/long, the nose is not big enough, the eyes looking weird and the face have a very serios, not funny expression.

I think its a pretty darn good likeness myself. It's not perfect, but it's not way off either.

Back