NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

The head pops right off, but you can't get to the wiring that way. Have you tried reinserting the batteries?

Yes I tried reinserting the batteries, I even took the batteries out the arm which I know is working, and put in the head, and still no luck.

try putting back that plastic thing that blocks the contact and make the LED to not work. Then keep moving the head in all directions. Remove the plastic and try the switch. it worked for me

Gonna try this out when I get a chance, Thanks.

I found the issue, seems the polarity was reversed in the head, so I flipped the batteries around and it worked. Thanks for all your inputs.

Hey,THANX Viking Spawn!I'm also doing the same thing to my IM and making a diorama stand for both figures to stand on.AWESOME news that they are going ahead with the Thor figure!I really HOPE that this figures sells better than Ironman so they can get the green light to make the Hulk!^_^

Hey,THANX Viking Spawn!I'm also doing the same thing to my IM and making a diorama stand for both figures to stand on.AWESOME news that they are going ahead with the Thor figure!I really HOPE that this figures sells better than Ironman so they can get the green light to make the Hulk!^_^

Was Ironman not a big selller? Man its a great figure.

WHat i meant by that Roc was that in order for them to make Hulk,Thor would have to have the same if not more sales than Ironman to be even considered.Ironman did GREAT but if Thor's sales are just like Cap's then we might as well as kiss Hulk bye-bye!^_^

My NECA Iron Man finally arrived! After a lot of sold out
pre-orders and overpriced Ebay auctions, I found one on Amazon for $104.50 shipped (I figured if I was to buy it at a comic book store, I would've paid $99.95 + $8.75 sales tax so Amazon was the way to go!).

Before buying this, I also went to the Eternal Con last weekend one hour late because I had to pick up people so I missed out on the three $90 NECA Iron Man one dealer had but tracked down another dealer (some fat guy who resembles "Comic Book Guy" from "The Simpsons") who wanted $185 for the same figure he just bought from that first dealer for $90! At the end of the convention, he said, "Okay. $150. You're not going to get it any cheaper! If you look on Ebay, you'll see it's at least $185!" I said, "I'll take my chances elsewhere!" and he frowned! (Greedy bastard!)

Anyway, I'm afraid to put it on a shelf after I took pictures and it fell over a few minutes after I took it out of the box!

Here's my pictures!

In the box. Not minty (UPS must've sat on the outer box) but this is an opener!
DSCN0132_zps2e99bba3.jpg

Light up feature (with camera flash)
DSCN0133_zps3427c564.jpg

Light up feature (without camera flash)
DSCN0134_zpsa708ce4d.jpg

After Iron Man fell
DSCN0138_zps51afcf19.jpg

Imperfection- Slight scratch on the thigh and a blob of silver paint near the top of the thigh.
DSCN0140_zps25dfab0b.jpg

Imperfection- Paint chip near forearm. Not a problem because I have Testor's clear red paint and I'll paint it soon.
DSCN0143_zps0eae875b.jpg

NECA 1/4 scale Captain America, NECA 1/4 scale Iron Man, and Toy Biz 18" Spider-man 2 figures.
DSCN0144_zpsf619cd61.jpg

I just pre-ordered both NECA Batmen and Superman. I'll definitely be broke by the end of the Summer! Time to sell my old Hot Toys Robocop and Ed-209!

my Cap + IM
anyone notice cap is like at least 2 times as heavy compared to IM..and IM is really wobbly can't stand straight. Cap can stay stable, straight without falling.

Iron Man is slightly hollow for the lights whereas Cap is solid.

I can't wait for NECA to make those figure stands and I hope that everything is sturdy enough so that I don't have to display my 1/4 scale Avengers on the floor!

WHat i meant by that Roc was that in order for them to make Hulk,Thor would have to have the same if not more sales than Ironman to be even considered.Ironman did GREAT but if Thor's sales are just like Cap's then we might as well as kiss Hulk bye-bye!^_^

I bought Iron Man cuz I love the character and the look of the armor. Same will go for Thor and Hulk but I never cared for the look of Cap's suit a bit in The Avengers. Great, noble character, but not enough visual appeal for me. Kinda wish they'd done his solo movie look instead. I liked it a lot more.

That said, I can't imagine the Hulk, especially one so massive, selling less than Iron Man. Hopefully they'll make him rotocast like Mezco's excellent 18" Hellboy so it'll be be more affordable.

even if I'm not that much into Hulk, I like big toys and I'm really looking forward to a NECA quality sculpt Hulk :)

on another note, giving IM a cool dynamic pose will make you enjoy this so much more. I absolutely love my NECA IM, even if I'm more of a collectibles collector. But I see many boring poses out there (no pun) and use a stand for god sake, lol

I bought Iron Man cuz I love the character and the look of the armor. Same will go for Thor and Hulk but I never cared for the look of Cap's suit a bit in The Avengers. Great, noble character, but not enough visual appeal for me. Kinda wish they'd done his solo movie look instead. I liked it a lot more.

That said, I can't imagine the Hulk, especially one so massive, selling less than Iron Man. Hopefully they'll make him rotocast like Mezco's excellent 18" Hellboy so it'll be be more affordable.

I bought that figure a couple of months ago actually... I love it! Detail is still awesome for something that was released many years ago.

I've started repainting, so far all I have done is added flat black details and lines. I'm liking this look, so I might not do any battle damage.

4k7edh.jpg

Got an email from Forbiddenplanet in the UK saying my Ironman has finally shipped! :yess:

Obviously the cheapskates use 2nd class post (why does that even exist? 1st class is sh ite already!)

Anyhow, should arrive by end of next week - now lets hope for no paint flaws! :pray:

Got an email from Forbiddenplanet in the UK saying my Ironman has finally shipped! :yess:

Obviously the cheapskates use 2nd class post (why does that even exist? 1st class is sh ite already!)

Anyhow, should arrive by end of next week - now lets hope for no paint flaws! :pray:

well, you WILL get paint flaws. what you need to hope for is no obvious problem

LOL, yeah, I guess I should have re-phrased that as "I hope his faceplate isn't fused to the inside of the plastic window and his chest armour doesn't have a fingerprint in the middle of it"

Then we're golden. :D

Finally got to take some pictures of mine. I took the shoulder pads off and blue-tacked them on instead, so they are closer to the shoulders. Looks very nice in pictures. Yes, there are paint flaws everywhere, but as I said before, I treat it as a big scale action figure, not a collectible (thou, I asked myself, the Toy Biz 1/4 Spider-man was only $40 back in the days... has inflation really been THAT much? LOL)

Enjoy the pics -
983954_385233618264255_156188170_n.jpg

1011202_385233778264239_669020272_n.jpg

1013765_385233834930900_1697680594_n.jpg

1011368_385233428264274_985900385_n.jpg

More pictures here

Back