NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Thanks. Working on a bashup Harley Quinn and a red Punisher from Thunderbolts right now. I'll get to Cap (and hopefully 1/4 IM if I can find him for a good enough price) eventually.

Woah. Pretty helpful seeing that. He didn't even take it apart or reprime. Just dremeled and painted over existing paint. Makes me think I can pull this off even more now.

I was surprised, too. All the while I thought the figure was disassembled prior to customizing.

Can't wait to see your own BD version, buddy :)

I get it. You love Robert. That does not give you the excuse to ignore the truth. Stark in the comics was not a short soft looking guy. Where did I say he should look like the rock? I just said he should not be a short soft guy that comes off unmanly from time to time. Take him out of the suit and is clearly not a A lister who can be banked on to drive a movie at the box office.

.. ya know, for a moment there, I could've sworn I heard the sound of Big Billy Goat Gruff approaching a bridge.. hopefully it was Neca's 1:4 Hulk instead...
:wink1:

IMO opinion, Iron Man is one of the very few superhero movies that had perfect casting for the title role. RDJ was able to show us that Stark's personality contrasts Bruce Wayne. Prior to the movies, most modern Iron Man comics including Warren Ellis' EXTREMIS storyline featured dialogues that show Stark is as much a jackass as he is a smartass and a kickass. A-lister or not before IM1, RDJ brought it to life well. Besides, being an A-lister doesn't mean being a great actor. I know of another Robert who shares the same A-list status with a certain Kristen and they usually have the same plain lifeless expression on-screen.

Decades from now, whether or not there would be IM or Avengers reboot, MOST OF US will all look back and say that RDJ is THE Iron Man, like how some of us think of Keaton as Batman (80's people said stuff like WHAT? BUT KEATON'S TOO SHORT! AND HE'S A COMEDIAN!) and of course, Ledger's Joker (BROKEBACK JOKER! exclaimed the doubters, same people who say he's the best Joker ever.).

IMO opinion, Iron Man is one of the very few superhero movies that had perfect casting for the title role. RDJ was able to show us that Stark's personality contrasts Bruce Wayne. Prior to the movies, most modern Iron Man comics including Warren Ellis' EXTREMIS storyline featured dialogues that show Stark is as much a jackass as he is a smartass and a kickass. A-lister or not before IM1, RDJ brought it to life well. Besides, being an A-lister doesn't mean being a great actor. I know of another Robert who shares the same A-list status with a certain Kristen and they usually have the same plain lifeless expression on-screen.

Decades from now, whether or not there would be IM or Avengers reboot, MOST OF US will all look back and say that RDJ is THE Iron Man, like how some of us think of Keaton as Batman (80's people said stuff like WHAT? BUT KEATON'S TOO SHORT! AND HE'S A COMEDIAN!) and of course, Ledger's Joker (BROKEBACK JOKER! exclaimed the doubters, same people who say he's the best Joker ever.).

Agreed. Another comparison for that list is Reeve is to Superman. Only time will tell if Cavill will exceed in MOS. But as of now, to me, RDJ is IM! :clap

RDJ wears high heels
2v0msfn.jpg

Wow he wears heels too! Now that is embarassing! Look at his posture too. Why he sticking his butt out like that? The problem is when you get a full body shot of RDJ in the movies you can tell he is short. His proportions are off. I see you guys complaining about the HT suits proportions but what about RDJ? He actually looks short in the movies.

In RDJ you have a guy who is height and testerone challenged. That role needed a taller well built manly man. Watching lil Rob play Stark you get the impression that if someone punches him he would cry instead of fighting back. Stark is not supposed to look like a guy who has to hide behind his suit. RDJ actually looks like a whimp who could not hold his own in a fight.

Wow he wears heels too! Now that is embarassing! Look at his posture too. Why he sticking his butt out like that? The problem is when you get a full body shot of RDJ in the movies you can tell he is short. His proportions are off. I see you guys complaining about the HT suits proportions but what about RDJ? He actually looks short in the movies.

In RDJ you have a guy who is height and testerone challenged. That role needed a taller well built manly man. Watching lil Rob play Stark you get the impression that if someone punches him he would cry instead of fighting back. Stark is not supposed to look like a guy who has to hide behind his suit. RDJ actually looks like a whimp who could not hold his own in a fight.

Clearly this is a photo where RDJ's showing his playful side, perhaps in this photo he's sticking his butt out, strutting his high-heeled shoes as if he were a lady. That's confidence right there -- making fun of his own shortcomings (no pun). And a guy who can act like a girl when everyone's looking and are having fun is a guy who's confident of his sexuality.

As for RDJ looking like a wimp, he didn't seem like it to me when I saw his fight scenes from his first Sherlock Holmes movie.

To you, he's a wimpy short effeminate overnight A-lister who shouldn't be Iron Man. To many of us, he IS Iron Man.

What's next, you complaining that a gay guy is playing the playboy in How I Met Your Mother?

I think you should challenge him to a fight in the car park sir.

WTF!WHat happened to this thread?!I thought there was some updates or new PICS. but instead got some guy complainin bout RDJ's butt!Who da FܢK cares how & what he looks like!The film was still GREAT and he got rich from it!To be honest if i remember correctly wasn't the original TS somewhat of a metrosexual type of guy?SORRY for my ranting!Anyway,THANX Crowinghorse for your insight on the Ironman figure!It's exactly what i wanted to read!Hey does the figure have any ankle articulation better than what Cap has?^_^ I was thinking about using a soldering pen for making some of the damage on Ironman instead of sculpting it and that's exactly what the dude did on his!AWESOME!

Hey, they had to dig a hole for Jean Arthur to stand in when she was sharing the screen with Alan Ladd in Shane so he could appear taller than her. At least that's what Robert Blake said in Electra Glide in Blue.

On the set of Avengers 2 -

Malgus - "Big man in a suit of armor.. take that away.. what are you?"

Robert Downey Junior - "Genius, multi-millionaire, playboy, philanthropist, actor.. and I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."
:wink1:

WTF!WHat happened to this thread?!I thought there was some updates or new PICS. but instead got some guy complainin bout RDJ's butt!Who da FܢK cares how & what he looks like!The film was still GREAT and he got rich from it!To be honest if i remember correctly wasn't the original TS somewhat of a metrosexual type of guy?!

IDK guys, but I'm heading over to the X-Men III Wolverine thread so I could start ranting about how Hollywood casted a 6'2" never heard of actor to play one of the most popular mutants ever who's only 5'3".

ha ha ha ha - this thread got hilarious fast...

The ankles on IM are really ball in sockets and don't actually lend themselves too well to forward or backward placement due to the joint design and the armor plate covering the front of the foot - that said, my IM took a shelf dive (about 3 feet) and his head broke in two, revealing his inner glowy eye-light up parts. Some fast acting glue gel and a bit of reassembly and he's good as new...so he's really pretty durable (except for the whole "my head broke into 3 pieces part")

Anyhow - full review hopefully later this week over at www.figures.com

Back