NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Here is my attempt at making a 1/4 Capt. A head for the figure.
Just the first layers of paint. I might go with a battle damage bloody look for it to go with the damaged Iron Man.

null-11.jpg

null-15.jpg

I really love this line. Please let there be a Hulk!
:pray::pray::pray:

He is far from perfect. His features are too strong due to the enlargement of the hydrospan.
I do like it as an extra head though. I think he has the Rogers look.
:)

Anyone know where to order these at? I only know 3 places I trust (BBTS, Cornerstore, and AlterEgo) and all the presales are gone.
This might sound kinda strange, but I took a gander at a local comic convention today, and there was literally nothing. I kinda expected somebody to pop up with this guy, but no dice. I did find the new Marvel Legends Mark 42 though. Well 1 only. If I would have found the 1/4's I would have gotten a couple and helped you out.

Here is my attempt at making a 1/4 Capt. A head for the figure.
Just the first layers of paint. I might go with a battle damage bloody look for it to go with the damaged Iron Man.

null-11.jpg

null-15.jpg

I really love this line. Please let there be a Hulk!
:pray::pray::pray:

:exactly::pray:

Hi guys,this is my first neca figure and iron man fig. I am new in collecting toys and as of now this is just my second action figure collection so I don't have personal idea(I haven't personally seen any Hot toys Ironman) regarding other variants/company releases. I just want to share my few thoughts regarding this figure.ps:i'm not a Pro

1.Orange Repulsors - yeah, this is a let down(a minor one?:dunno) as we saw Iron man in his movies, they didn't use any orange effect on repulsors. my first thought about this was maybe his repulsors was just starting up (lol), I'm wrong. they used semi clear plastic for the repulsor hand. I tested it with a white led then noticed that the light pass through the half of the hand. I think that's the reason why they chose to put orange led because it will blend in the color of the hand.(but when you attached the closed fist in the the arm then turn on the light it'll look like a hand glowing like a fire)To compensate, My favorite thing is the White led light in the eyes and in the arc reactor because those effects gave life to this lovely figure.

2. Quality of the paint - the quality was average. not very good but not bad. When I've got this a week ago at a local toy shop(I'd pre-ordered this 3 weeks ago), I tend choose between two boxes of figure because that was the only stock they have so I have to inspect it thoroughly without opening the box. when I'm decided to choose, my first pick had a noticeable paint fading on the left side of the head(a very bad fade,maybe due to poor quality control) so I request to exchange it with another stock. At first the sales personnel was hesitant since I opened it already but I insisted that this will be my first iron man figure and I want it to be presentable as much as possible so she agreed to give me the second box.but then, this figure I've got was not perfect at all and again it has some issues when you look closely to the figure like small paint chip, paint smudge on the rib part, others are in the edge of the booster flap and on the middle of the head. The silver painted parts was not that good because for me it looks a little bit plastic,but the rest of the paint like the red part and the gold ones looked like metal, it was shiny and glittery(lmfao). I noticed also that the light effect switch will probably cause your figure to have paint chip especially if you will use your finger nails to turn it on and off because the switch was small and it is hard to turn it on/off by using your finger. I suggest to use small pin to avoid chipping on those parts. I hope that the paint will not fade in the near future or else I will look someone to paint this with a battle damaged theme iron man mark VII.:lol

3.Quality and accuracy of the figure - one of the evident inaccuracy with this figure is the thin legs. yes, it looked slightly thin when I was comparing it to the mark VII from the movie(by only looking at the pictures) and other toy lines but for me it doesn't affect the figure at all because of it's big height. Next is the shoulder pads, I think they want the shoulder pads to have an articulation because as I noticed with the movie mark VII, the shoulder pads was directly attached to the shoulder unlike this figure the shoulder pads have a connecting part to the shoulder leaving a gap between and if it was not properly place/pose it will looked like a flap or a wing. The last thing was the neck part, when you pose it like iron man was looking up you will notice his long neck like a giraffe but then, properly posing the figure will solve that matter. all in all the figure was very detailed from head to toe and proper posing is the technique to appreciate the quality and the appearance of the figure.(though it will give you a hard time posing this without a stand;D)

Personally I have plans on slightly modifying this figure like exchanging the orange led into white, repaint the hands and sticking the shoulder pads directly to the shoulder etc. but as of now I'm busy doing other things. For the price of the figure I am satisfied and I wasn't feel that I was robbed, I've got this for $145 converted from our currency and was lucky because other local toy stores here selling this for $200 and up already. in my own opinion this figure worth it if you'll get this for $150 and below.thank you
20130512141814.jpg

20130512155630lls.jpg

ironmantg.jpg

I just want to see a Hulk sculpt in progress. This way at least I know they're being serious about making him. A proto reveal is still no guarantee but its a start.....

I would love some proto pics.
It would make people buy Captain, Iron Man and Thor I think.
I expect Hulk to be more expensive though.
Perhaps they will rotocast some of the Hulk parts to save money.

Mark my words, Thor will come before Hulk. We won't see Hulk for at least two years if at all.

I just want to see a Hulk sculpt in progress. This way at least I know they're being serious about making him. A proto reveal is still no guarantee but its a start.....

Showing things without a commitment to release never works out for the company, it leaves a sour taste in fans' mouths. I'm surprised NECA's even said as much as they have about Hull since the still seem iffy on it.

I hate working out but it's on my to do list. :lol

A. Will jye go work out because he placed it on a list of things to do?
B. Will he stay on the couch and watch Avengers?

There's your Hulk chances right there. :lol

Things to consider -

1. Its on Neca's 'To Do' list.
2. Neca indicated they would provide an online, direct channel for figure releases that might not appeal as strongly to High Street outlets.
3. Neca 25" Balrog.

I know Randy...he's a friend and if he says it's on the "to do" list, it is. That said, it only makes business sense and he can only get the higher-ups to provide the backing to a figure/project IF it warrants inclusion in a line and if fan $$ is there. I think with the popularity of the Avengers franchise, Hulk has a good chance of being made. That said, IF the Cap and IM and Thor don't do well (ie - people "wait" to get them or don't get them at all) they won't get to Hulk as the previous sales won't warrant it.

Look at the 1/4 scale LOTR line NECA did - they were great figures - Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas - I'd have killed for a Ringwraith, but - alas - sales of the previous three didn't warrant the line's continuation.

Sadly, that's what's happening with the Prometheus line now too; you have people asking for characters NECA can't or won't make unless the older lines sell better - and you have fans who complain "I want this figure," but they aren't willing to support the line as a whole and thus they cherry pick which leads to sup-expectation sales, thus not warranting the continuation of the line.

That's the twist of the knife for Randy too as he's a die-hard fan too and he'd love to get them all made...but it has to make financial sense...and knowing I and 5,000 other fans have to buy a figure we "sort of" want in order to get to a figure we "really" want...it's not a really popular idea for most people...

That's how business in general works and the sooner toy fans realize it and accept it, the better...

I know Randy...he's a friend and if he says it's on the "to do" list, it is. That said, it only makes business sense and he can only get the higher-ups to provide the backing to a figure/project IF it warrants inclusion in a line and if fan $$ is there. I think with the popularity of the Avengers franchise, Hulk has a good chance of being made. That said, IF the Cap and IM and Thor don't do well (ie - people "wait" to get them or don't get them at all) they won't get to Hulk as the previous sales won't warrant it.

Look at the 1/4 scale LOTR line NECA did - they were great figures - Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas - I'd have killed for a Ringwraith, but - alas - sales of the previous three didn't warrant the line's continuation.

Sadly, that's what's happening with the Prometheus line now too; you have people asking for characters NECA can't or won't make unless the older lines sell better - and you have fans who complain "I want this figure," but they aren't willing to support the line as a whole and thus they cherry pick which leads to sup-expectation sales, thus not warranting the continuation of the line.

That's the twist of the knife for Randy too as he's a die-hard fan too and he'd love to get them all made...but it has to make financial sense...and knowing I and 5,000 other fans have to buy a figure we "sort of" want in order to get to a figure we "really" want...it's not a really popular idea for most people...

That's how business in general works and the sooner toy fans realize it and accept it, the better...

:goodpost:

Too bad they didn't release IM first and then the Hulk. Oh well.

Yeah, I get using success of previous figures to gauge interest in future ones, but sometimes I think NECA makes bad choices for who the initial figures should be and the early sales are indicative of what to expect for future figures but rather indicative of just an unpopular figure. Especially with 1/4 scale figures, between money and space, a lot of people will be selective. I love Avengers, but I don't care at all about Cap, can't afford to get Iron Man but I will pay for Hulk. I feel like Evans' Cap America has a very mixed reaction, as many not liking him that much as liking him a lot where I think Iron Man is an easy favorite for many and will do well. I think Aveners Hulk really lived up to the type of Hulk depicted in comics and is met with open arms by fans of the character and a Hulk in this line would be very successful if handled right.

Back